**Pregnant after IVF Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
We put 2 back and yes, im taking 3 capsules a day. My first dr app is not till march 17th so I was windering if maybe I should get me beta checked next week.

I would if you can. I'm in a study. They only gave me 1 beta on my 18th day after ec. Mine was very high. 1300. My first scan is next Wednesday. I can't wait. I'll be 8 weeks then. Which brings me to another thing. . Lol...I'm 7 weeks 2 days which means I'm in my 8th week. Depending on what app or site you look at, they will refer to it as 7 or 8 weeks. It gets confusing. We put 2 back 3dt. I got my bfp 6dp3dt. I just want to see the heart (s) beat and know if there's 1 or 2. I'm a little over wieght, not to much, very petite, I already have a belly starting. I can't wear my old pants any more. I was really bloated for the first 3 weeks post transfer. It finally went down, I fit into my pants. A week later. .. No way. Lol

Hahaha thats so exciting!!! Your beta was high...twins :)? So awesome you can alreasy see your belly growing! Thats the best part of pregnancy I think ;) Yeah I was bloated too still kind of am due to constipation. When's your doc app?! Can't wait to hear how many babies are in the belly. I had 5dt (02.18) and got positive on 02.27.

Hello ladies :) I'm new to this board. I just went through my first IVF. Last week Thursday I found out I'm pregnant. My husband and were very happy to hear thr news but now I worry a little. I was reading a lot of blogs and it seems like everyones first hcg was high were mine was only 54. Also I had 3 ectopic pregnancies before so we had to remove my fallopian tubes. They are gone but I can feel some discomfort on my left side and I keep wonder if its possible it could be happening again. It drives me nuts and I dont know what to think. What else could be causing this discomfort?

Welcome Koshka!

It's pointless to tell you not to worry because you will BUT, try not to get too wrapped up in beta numbers. Some women have crazy high numbers with singletons and some don't. From what I know, it's the doubling that is important, not necessarily the actual number. My first beta was only 82 I think? I think they like to see it over 50, so yours is ok!!! I read an entire IVF success thread while going through the process and the numbers were all over the place!

The discomfort could be normal cramping that most women experience when pregnant? Your uterus starts stretching immediately I believe. Was yours a fresh cycle???

Thank you :) That's what I'm trying to tell myself. My uterus might be stretching and that's why I feel all of this and probably I do have scar tissue which migh be cauaing some discomfort. I had some pains here and there on left side since the surgery but I didn't pay much attention to it until I got pregnant ;) I had fresh cycle. They were in a blastocyst stage when there were putting them in and on of them was ready to hatch. I might still try to get my beta checked on Monday to make sure everything is going the right direction. Congrats on your baby girl :)! Oh another question did any of you have pregnancy symptoms right away or did it take some time?

Well just wanted to update and say that we have one lil bean with heartbeat despite my high tripling betas lol!

I was 6 days after my 3dt when I felt nausea briefly. Then next day cramps (I was mad at the whole world coz I thought for sure AF was coming) and then that night cramps turned into a uterus pain when pressed. Almost like after my egg retrieval. I thought strange but whatever. Next day was Saturday and that's when things felt weird for real. I walked to Taco Bell and cvs (got ept just in case) and felt some dizziness and hunger. That afternoon I blew up (I was pretty bloated after meds and ER but it sort of subsided after) again! So google told me it might be pregnancy as hcg causes that. I told my DH that night that I thought I was pregnant prehaps (but I wasn't sure as I have never been before). Did the test first thing Sunday morning and was utterly in shock!! November 24, 2013 is the day I will remember forever. Then other symptoms came - extremely sore boobs first few weeks, went away. Nausea week 6. Mild cramps early on too (stretching).

Hello ladies :) I'm new to this board. I just went through my first IVF. Last week Thursday I found out I'm pregnant. My husband and were very happy to hear thr news but now I worry a little. I was reading a lot of blogs and it seems like everyones first hcg was high were mine was only 54. Also I had 3 ectopic pregnancies before so we had to remove my fallopian tubes. They are gone but I can feel some discomfort on my left side and I keep wonder if its possible it could be happening again. It drives me nuts and I dont know what to think. What else could be causing this discomfort?

Welcome Koshka!

It's pointless to tell you not to worry because you will BUT, try not to get too wrapped up in beta numbers. Some women have crazy high numbers with singletons and some don't. From what I know, it's the doubling that is important, not necessarily the actual number. My first beta was only 82 I think? I think they like to see it over 50, so yours is ok!!! I read an entire IVF success thread while going through the process and the numbers were all over the place!

The discomfort could be normal cramping that most women experience when pregnant? Your uterus starts stretching immediately I believe. Was yours a fresh cycle???

Welcome koshka and congratulations!! Everything that Chickadeedee and the other ladies have said was perfect, so I won't try to recap that. Regarding your question about symptoms, I didn't have any until maybe 8 weeks or so.

Well just wanted to update and say that we have one lil bean with heartbeat despite my high tripling betas lol!

Congrats on seeing the heartbeat, Lucinda! :thumbup:

Welcome koshka! I'd tell you not to worry too much, but I know that's impossible. Try to get another hcg test to put your mind at ease

Congrats Lucinda! Now that you saw a heartbeat, does it feel more real? I am still in denial that I'm pregnant but I hope that once I see that heartbeat it'll all sink in :)

Postal - I don't have any specific food aversions, just random things that I'll crave one moment and can't stand the sight of the next. I am trying to keep my obsessing to a minimum and as my symptoms come and go I'm trying to get used to this roller coaster :) right now the biggest symptoms for me are nausea and fatigue. I went to bed at 9:30 last night, on a Saturday night. So sad...

Postal, I forgot to mention, I was thinking the same thing when reading about embryo development at different weeks. When they say something us happening at 6 weeks does that mean from 5 weeks 1 day to 6 weeks or from 6 weeks 1day to 7 weeks? Anyway, minor point I know, but I was just trying to figure it out :)

Mizuno it feels a little more real but at the same time I don't feel pregnant!

Postal, I forgot to mention, I was thinking the same thing when reading about embryo development at different weeks. When they say something us happening at 6 weeks does that mean from 5 weeks 1 day to 6 weeks or from 6 weeks 1day to 7 weeks? Anyway, minor point I know, but I was just trying to figure it out :)

I always read those as though they were happening from 6 weeks to 6 weeks +6 days, though I could be wrong in how I read them. I like reading those every Friday as that's when we change over to the next week. :)

Mizuno it feels a little more real but at the same time I don't feel pregnant!

Hang in there. I went through the same thing in the early stages of my pregnancy. It gets better and more real as new symptoms start appearing. :hugs:

I'm with DISNEYFAN, if it says it's happening 6 weeks I always go from 6w-6w6d.... I read every Thursday when my ticker changes!

My latest freak out - I haven't really felt the baby move since yesterday morning :cry: so I was up all night tossing and turning just TRYING to jostle her enough to move.... Nothing... Now I'm going to have a cup of half-caff coffee and something sweet to see if that works.

I'm with DISNEYFAN, if it says it's happening 6 weeks I always go from 6w-6w6d.... I read every Thursday when my ticker changes!

My latest freak out - I haven't really felt the baby move since yesterday morning :cry: so I was up all night tossing and turning just TRYING to jostle her enough to move.... Nothing... Now I'm going to have a cup of half-caff coffee and something sweet to see if that works.

Any luck? My bean usually starts squirming when I lay on my left side (which means almost always when I crawl into bed). I've heard that something cold and sweet can help get the little ones moving, too. :hugs:

For me rubbing my belly usually works and makes

I have felt her this morning, but not a ton. I'm thinking she moved and may be snuggled more towards the rear of my uterus? Because I had French toast with major maple syrup and sweetened strawberries for breakfast and still vey little movement (but some is better than none!!).
Ugh, the worrying never ends!!!!

I have felt her this morning, but not a ton. I'm thinking she moved and may be snuggled more towards the rear of my uterus? Because I had French toast with major maple syrup and sweetened strawberries for breakfast and still vey little movement (but some is better than none!!).

I'm glad that you've felt movement this morning. I've read that it's not unusual to go through periods of low movement before you reach 28 weeks. I'm guessing it's a combination of her size and location. :hugs:

I went for my glucose screening this morning. I chugged the orange drink and waited an hour to have my levels checked. I was told that I will probably get the results tomorrow. I didn't get any kind of reaction after drinking the stuff. I don't know if that's good or bad. :shrug: I really hope I pass. I don't want to take the 3 hour test or have to alter my diet anymore. :wacko:

I'm glad that you've felt movement this morning. I've read that it's not unusual to go through periods of low movement before you reach 28 weeks. I'm guessing it's a combination of her size and location. :hugs:

I went for my glucose screening this morning. I chugged the orange drink and waited an hour to have my levels checked. I was told that I will probably get the results tomorrow. I didn't get any kind of reaction after drinking the stuff. I don't know if that's good or bad. :shrug: I really hope I pass. I don't want to take the 3 hour test or have to alter my diet anymore. :wacko:

Eekkk!! Keep us posted!!!!

I found that cranberry juice is her go-juice :haha: had two glasses at dinner and she just won't stop now! Same thing last time I had it! :cloud9:

Will do.

Our LO apparently really likes the song "Let it Go" from Frozen. She was kicking up a storm when DH and I listened to the song yesterday. She did the same thing later in the day when DH said he wanted to see if she'd do it again. She calmed down both times after the song ended. :haha:

Will do.

Our LO apparently really likes the song "Let it Go" from Frozen. She was kicking up a storm when DH and I listened to the song yesterday. She did the same thing later in the day when DH said he wanted to see if she'd do it again. She calmed down both times after the song ended. :haha:

Awww thats so sweet!!!! I haven't tried music... Maybe I will later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back