Pregnant bride advice

Harparcat

Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting married at the end of April when I worked out I'll be approx 7 months pregnant if all goes well. Arghhh!! I've already bought my perfect dress too before falling pregnant! Going to be so upset if I can't work something out. There are some lovely maternity wedding dresses but I already had my special dress.

We're also having a party in London for mid June to celebrate with my partner's family as there are hundreds of them but I just worked out I'll be about 37 weeks then. As I live in the north east it's going to be a bit of a trek getting there when I'll be massive and you never know what might happen. Do you think I should cancel it? We'll lose our deposit but surely it's better to be safe than sorry? Any advice welcome...

As a mum of three, I'd say that the likelihood of you going into labour three weeks early with your first is very slim, having said that it's not unheard of.
I would suggest you don't cancel but instead scope out the area and find a hospital near to where you're going that you could use as an emergency back up. When you go, go and have a look at the hospital and familiarise yourself with how to get to the maternity unit. Although you're not booked there, they will deliver for you if you go into labour while you're away. Bring your hospital bags and notes with you, and just have fun :) chances are you may well go over, most new mums do, so don't cancel it.
Regarding your dress, is it a fitted type or is there room for adjustment? Dresses can be surprising with pregnancy. Either they adapt well to a growing tummy or you can't get them past your shoulders lol xx

Are you me?
I live in the north east, getting married in April, will be about 7/8 months pregnant and already hadmmy dress when I fell pregnant!
We decided to go ahead with the wedding anyway because I would much prefer to get married pregnant than with a very young baby. I did lots of research on my dress to and whether it can be altered depends a lot on the style but mine is mermaid so there was no hope (its also white which is supposedly really difficult to match).
Good luck and congratulations! x

Are you me?
I live in the north east, getting married in April, will be about 7/8 months pregnant and already hadmmy dress when I fell pregnant!
We decided to go ahead with the wedding anyway because I would much prefer to get married pregnant than with a very young baby. I did lots of research on my dress to and whether it can be altered depends a lot on the style but mine is mermaid so there was no hope (its also white which is supposedly really difficult to match).
Good luck and congratulations! x

Ha ha, that's spooky!!
I really disliked the idea of getting married while pregnant at first but now I think it's quite romantic and in a way the baby will be part of the day too. I'm hoping the dress will be ok as it's not too fitted and was actually a size larger than I am so I was going to get it altered anyway. It's difficult isn't it cos you just don't know how big your bump's going to be and knowing my luck I'll wake up on my wedding day and have suddenly burst lol!
Oh and good luck on finding a new dress too!!

As a mum of three, I'd say that the likelihood of you going into labour three weeks early with your first is very slim, having said that it's not unheard of.
I would suggest you don't cancel but instead scope out the area and find a hospital near to where you're going that you could use as an emergency back up. When you go, go and have a look at the hospital and familiarise yourself with how to get to the maternity unit. Although you're not booked there, they will deliver for you if you go into labour while you're away. Bring your hospital bags and notes with you, and just have fun :) chances are you may well go over, most new mums do, so don't cancel it.
Regarding your dress, is it a fitted type or is there room for adjustment? Dresses can be surprising with pregnancy. Either they adapt well to a growing tummy or you can't get them past your shoulders lol xx

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. I'm more inclined to just chance it but my partner isn't keen at all. I think he has images of me going into labour on the train or something and he keeps scaring me with horror stories! Think I'll do some research on local hospitals and see what he says :)

I'm in a similar position except that I would have just given birth less than a month before. We haven't decided whether to bring it forward or push it back until the year after as of yet.

Speak to a good seamstress about your dress as my cousin found her dream dress and then got it altered to fit her 6 month bump without much fuss. Her dress was a-line if that helps at all x

My waters broke at 37+1 with my Daughter and she arrived at 37+3. She was my first baby! Could you maybe change the date of your family party? Say mid may?

If you think it won't be a stress for you (all preparations etc), then go ahead and have fun! :thumbup:
And if your LO decides to show at exactly that date, what a labour story it will be... moreover, you will be prepared more or less, after hospitals research... I would consider it this way.

I'm going to be a pregnant bride but I'm getting married in December at 16 weeks.

I have had to had my dress let out 2" and hoping it doesn't need more or else I'll be having a corset back put in!!

xxx

I think it depends on what kind of pregnancy you have (I know that doesn't help as you're not a mind reader)

But for me, who was previously very healthy and fit, by 36 weeks I was no good for anything! I could waddle for 5 minutes then sit down for the rest of the day. I was swollen and exhausted and all I wanted to do was nest!

I really think it's something you and your H2B need to discuss and feel happy about.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

P.S I got married when I was exactly 10 weeks pregnant (on the 12th Oct) and it was wonderful! I even managed to not be sick all day and stay awake!

I will be getting married at 17 weeks pregnant. I already had my dress, but I bought it 2 sizes too big because I found such a great deal on it. So despite it being big, I went ahead and bought it. Guess it was a blessing in disguise that they only had a size 6! lol

As for the party - as a pp said, is there any chance you can move it up a few weeks? If not and you feel like you'll be up for it, just go and have fun :) Be prepared no matter what, but make sure to enjoy yourself.

Sounds like me a few weeks ago. Our date was booked for mid april, we have spoke to the venue explained our situation and moved the date to the following year so baby can be in it :) and that way I have to time to loose baby weight to fit back into my dress xx

Do it while you're pregnant. We had two young kids when we got married and I was worried about them the whole day and didn't really get to enjoy the day like I should have. Don't get me wrong i love my boys and was wonderful having them there but I felt like I was chasing after them ( when everyone else was 'meant' to be watching them. ) and I just really didn't get to lap up the moment. I only had three drinks the whole day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->