Pregnant by older guy, not sure what to do

Hi everyone!!! Thanks to everyone who has commented in this thread recently. I can't believe people are still reading through this entire thing - this thread is so long now.

BabyBlondex, your comment sort of made me cry. Thanks ;)

Gabriella celebrated her first birthday at the end of February and we had a little party for her. She is on target developmentally and size-wise, although still on the smaller end. She isn't walking on her own quite yet, but I think it will happen any time now. She walks around while holding on to stuff.

Her dad and I are still in a relationship right now, but I'm still living with my parents. Even though I'm a mom now, I haven't really felt ready to live on my own or to live with my boyfriend. Right now we basically split Gabriella 50/50 during the week. We are planning on moving in together before I start school again in the fall, but it makes me nervous. I'm almost done with my first year of college.

Nothing major has really happened since I last posted, which is probably a good thing. I think I've had enough major things in my life for a while.

So happy to see you reply heather! And even more better to see how well your doing 😄 Happy belated birthday to little Gabriella! If it's any consolation with them walking both my two didn't walk until 15 months! 😂 Your doing so well, you seem like a very strong young woman and a very fantastic mum 💜💜

So happy to read your update. Congratulations on everything going so well, and on nearly completing your first year of college! Amazing work.
I can't believe she's one already. I remember when you first posted this.
:hugs:

Wonderful update! Congratulations on nearly bring done with your first year of school!

Lovely update! I can't believe your wee girl is one already! Happy Belated Birthday to her and well done on almost completing your first year of college! :flower:

thanks for taking time to update Heatherr! So glad to hear that things are going well, you are one amazing lady! A baby, a relationship plus almost one year of college down already... you got lots to teach to many who are 10 years your seniors on how to deal with life. so so happy for you!

and regarding living together... try not to think about it too much now, and try to take it one day at a time - it is a pretty overwhelming thought at any age and situation, let alone yours.
I still remember when you posted here first, I am sure that if someone would have told you on that day that 20 months later your life would be like this, stating all you have accomplished and how much you have grown, you wouldn't have believed it.

Congrats on everything, you surely are one amazing soul!

OMG found this thread totally randomly and wow.... I can honestly say I've spent the last hour+ reading from start to finish.... you are an inspirational young lady and I'm sure this post may help other girls who are possibly in the position you once were!

Thank you for keeping this up to date and I'm so pleased to see your most recent post about how well Gabriella is doing. Keep up the good work

Xxxxx

Just read the whole thread from the beginning. Firstly, Heather you are incredibly strong & level headed! You have had a baby, completed school and started college! I have no idea how you do it. But you are doing so so so well! I really hope things keep going well for you. Would love more updates when it's convenient for you!

^ Thanks. I can only do it because I have a lot of help. I can't really take all or most of the credit for managing everything. It's harder to do 2 things at once now that she is mobile and gets into EVERYTHING. When she is at her dad's I literally do nothing but sleep or relax because it's the only chance I have to do it without being interrupted. This isn't a complaint, just how it is. Like right now, I'm actually home alone without baby or anyone else, and here I am sitting in bed playing on the computer.

I can't believe it's almost summer. I had to go out and buy her new spring and summer clothes this past weekend. Everything is so tiny and cute, I wanted to buy everything at the store. I remember last summer when she was only a few months old and how nervous I was because I was going to have her with me almost every day. It's really funny how the things that made me so nervous then are second nature now. She's starting to walk without holding onto to anything now. For the most part, she still holds onto things, but she has taken her first steps unassisted, so by the time the summer is here she'll be walking all over the place. I actually don't like how fast time is moving sometimes, it's scary!!

Isn't it crazy how quickly you become so attached and amazed by such a little human! Time seems to never slow down in fact it only seems to go by faster every day! Cherish every moment! How are things with her father? Still going well?

I have just sat and read through your whole thread you sound like a great mum hun keep it up and your schooling your little girl will be very proud of you when she Is older and I hope your relationship keeps going well. xx

Another one who has just read this thread from start to finish and it was like a book I just couldn't put down! And what a happy ending, I'm so glad to hear that you, Gabriella and fob are doing so well. Huge congratulations to you, you are a huge inspiration!

You should totally turn this story into a book one day to help others in your shoes starting out. It's a wonderfully honest, raw and brave account of your story. You are a fighter for sure x

Wow. Just read through this myself- finally caught up. I'm kind of speechless, what an amazing story, what an amazing woman you are. Thank you so much for sharing your story here!

And I'd love to see Gabriella pics if you want to share!

I've just read the whole thread.. Well half yesterday half today! And wow! You are such a great girl. You've come so far. I was 18 when I got pregnant and it was so hard I also suffered with pnd and anxiety badly. You've done so well and you should be so proud of yourself! I'm glad you and fob are together and things are good with him and school. Your such an inspiration to all young mums. Well done you! You sound like a great mummy. I feel like I know you now. Look forward to more updates from you in the future! Xxx

I also just sat and read the entire thing and really feel like I have no choice but to comment now. It definitely read like a book and I so wanted to know how you, fob, and gabby ended up but I felt like I couldn't cheat and skip to the end. I was an emotional rollercoaster reading this. I can't imagine what it must have been through to live through. But you sound like an amazing girl and I'm so glad all three of you are in such a good place in your life right now.

Sweetie I am sorry. I know this is scary.You have to just bite the bullet and tell someone and get to a doctor, for your health and the babies. Just start there. You don't have to make every big decision today, just go one day at a time. Your family may be mad, or they may surprise you and be more supportive. Good luck!

Oh my, I didn't look at date or that there were hundreds of replies but I see now this has had a happy ending, yay!!! Congrats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->