Pregnant by older guy, not sure what to do

Fabulous update! Congratulations on graduating and everything else! 😊

That's such a great update! Congrats on graduation! Nor sure if I missed it, but did you mention where you're going for college?

Thanks. I'm going to a school that is only about 20 minutes from my house. It's a large, major state university. I'm more of a small private school sort of person myself, but this will be fine. I really wasn't looking forward to the having to live on campus part of college, so now I can at least get out of that at least. I'm just going to live at home for now and commute.

So glad things are looking so positive for you :flower: I hope you have an amazing summer. And congratulations on the new relationship!

Don't worry about the meds- enjoy the fact they are such a help for now. You will work out what to do when the time is right at some point down the line.

Fab update. Glad everything is going well and congrats on your relationship with fob.

I'm so happy to hear things are going well! I understand the worry about fake happiness but it's not it just helps get the overwhelming negative out and when your ready to get off them you'll know and it wont be that much of a change!

So glad everything is feeling a bit better for you heather. Still be great to see a photo :D lol

I just took three days to read this entire thread between taking care of my 3. I think your an amazing young lady and wanted to say I am so proud of you. Congratulations on everything thru this thread.

I fell pregnant at 17 and the father was 21. Honesty is always the best policy in situations like this. You need to make sure that you and the baby are healthy and not wanting to tell anyone will only work for so long (that belly will be getting pretty obvious in a couple of months). What worked for me is to speak with my mother before telling my dad or the rest of my family and friends. You need to see a doctor and get official blood work and an ultrasound to see how far along you are and that everything is going well. Regardless of how you choose to handle the situation not telling anyone is harmful and potentially fatal to you and your little one. No matter what you will need support and resources. It seems like your first act as a new mom is going to be a tough one, but you need to tell your parents and the father of your child.

I fell pregnant at 17 and the father was 21. Honesty is always the best policy in situations like this. You need to make sure that you and the baby are healthy and not wanting to tell anyone will only work for so long (that belly will be getting pretty obvious in a couple of months). What worked for me is to speak with my mother before telling my dad or the rest of my family and friends. You need to see a doctor and get official blood work and an ultrasound to see how far along you are and that everything is going well. Regardless of how you choose to handle the situation not telling anyone is harmful and potentially fatal to you and your little one. No matter what you will need support and resources. It seems like your first act as a new mom is going to be a tough one, but you need to tell your parents and the father of your child.

The first post is quite old now, and she has already had the baby and everything. She did a fantastic job :) x

Would love to hear an update on you, fob and Gabriella :hugs:

Gabriella is 22 weeks old today.....almost 6 months!!! That is so crazy to me. She is so Nguyen really well, but still just a little behind size-wise (still in normal range for her age, but lower percentile). Developmentally, it seems to be the same thing. She is hitting all of the milestones she should and the doctors are not concerned, just feel she is still catching up a little bit. But she is so funny and has developed a personality now.

She lives with me M-F and it has really helped me a lot. I actually feel like her mom now. It did take a few weeks for it to feel normal. She lives with her dad on the weekends. I get sad when she leaves, and if you remember before I didn't really feel that way, just guilty. Her dad and I are still together, but it's weird when you do everything backwards. We have this baby together but don't live together and we split our time with her. It would make more sense to live together, but I don't really feel ready for all of that right now.

I'm still seeing a therapist and taking meds for postpartum depression and anxiety. They help me a lot, but I still just don't feel exactly like my normal self. I don't really feel depressed, but the anxiety is an issue still. And I'm sure part of that is also just changes going on, getting ready to start college, etc. I just want to rush everything and hate having to take the time to work through things.

But yeah, everything is going really well lately compared to several months ago. I don't really see any of my friends anymore, only a few if them, but I don't really care. The nice thing about having Gabriella with me earphone all day is that I'm too busy to dwell on a lot of things that used to bother me.

Thanks for the update heather glad things are going well for you and the little one and fob . x

Great update!! So fab to hear you sounding happier :)

Lovely update! I'm so glad things are going well for you! :flower:

So, so glad that the meds are managing things a bit more for you! And I'm so glad that you're finally feeling like a mom to baby G...I knew it would fall into place, and it just took some time for you to get your feet wet with the whole thing. It is such a big, big change. Having a child really throws everything upside down, and it completely changes EVERY aspect of life...it's no wonder you were feeling disconnected, depressed, anxious, etc. And you're still very much post-partum, so your hormones have far from calmed down yet. I'm glad to hear you and FOB are still a "thing", and that you're finding a living arrangement that works between the two of you...and I'm happy the baby is doing so well. Right around 6 months, their personality does start taking off, and it does start to get more fun. They just start doing goofy and cute little things, and their curiosity and learning just seems to take off...it's a lot of fun to watch them grow and change.

Nice update! Don't be a stranger!

Thanks for updating. It is always good to hear you are doing well. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->