Pregnant by older guy, not sure what to do

Lovely update, I'm so glad to hear things are going well :) :hugs:

I think having a certain level of anxiety is a given when you become a parent really, but I think it's fab that you're on the meds to help you.

I hope things continue to go well for you all xx

So happy to hear things are going well for you all. ^.^

awwww heather thanks for the update and so so happy to hear it is all going well and on the right path for you and your family! you three are so amazing with handling the whole situation, and who cares if it is "backwards" compared to the rest of the world - it is YOUR own original artwork of life :) and massive congrats on all of it!!!

Hi everyone!! How you are all doing well. I've started college now and it's taking some adjusting. Gabriella is going to a sitter's house during the day Monday-Friday because I have school and her dad works all week. I cried a lot when school started. It's crazy to me because back when I joined this site and for many months after that I never thought I'd be at the point where I was crying when I had to be away from her for so long. It was rough on her too, but worse on me I think :cry:

For the most part, I haven't really thought too much about what I could be doing as far as school goes. I'm not really upset about not going to one of the schools I wanted to go to or moving away from home. I guess I'm too busy thinking about other things to worry about that now - doesn't seem really important. I'm glad I didn't let that make me decide to not be involved in her life like I am now.

But she continues to catch up as she should be. She can sit on her own now, has just started eating some solids, and is "talking" a lot. She just seems really happy. Her main struggle right now is sleeping at night. She still wakes up several times. We are working on adjusting her sleeping schedule and trying to stay consistent no matter whose house she is at. She doesn't nap for long periods of time either. She just doesn't like to sleep....

Hi heather. It's so hard handing over your baby I know but I'm sure you will both get used to it in time. My 1 year old also doesn't sleep well so I can totally sympathise with you ! Sounds like Gabriella is right on track for her development which is awesome ! Babies are all so different. Who does she look most like ? How are things with her father ? X

Heather hon! thanks for the lovely update!

Happy to hear you are adjusting to the things slowly and so proud of you for having made the right decisions for you and your family in the end. You did a really brave and responsible decision-making journey and should really pat yourself on a shoulder for that!

and also great to hear Gabriella is catching up so well! i'm sure she's a smart little cookie, especially with both you and her dad being the way you are - she has loads of good stuff to inherit and learn from you both <3

and sorry to hear that she isn't much of a sleeper - i was just the same as a baby and even now i don't need more than 6 hours to function well and absolutely detest the afternoon naps (and in my '20s even just 4h per night for months was enough) - maybe she is just like that) - it sucks for your parents when you're little but it is a great advantage in the college years ;)

Hi heather. It's so hard handing over your baby I know but I'm sure you will both get used to it in time. My 1 year old also doesn't sleep well so I can totally sympathise with you ! Sounds like Gabriella is right on track for her development which is awesome ! Babies are all so different. Who does she look most like ? How are things with her father ? X

She looks more like her dad. His mom showed me a picture of him at the same age and they look like twins. Well I guess if anyone doubted me before, now they know that he's definitely her father haha.
But really, I get along really well with his family and they always include me in things and I know they would be there for Gabriella if she needed anything.

He and I are still together and it's going ok. It's not the most normal relationship because we have this baby but we don't live together and we only see each other a few times a week now that I've started school and my schedule is weird. I am worried to live with him because I think I feel like I'm married and have a baby and I'm not ready for that. I always feel like he'll get tired of me and want to be with someone else.

skyesmom, I don't even want to think of her in college yet! But yeah, I love naps. Her dad is a lot more go go go all the time so maybe that's where she gets it. I can only imagine what she'll be like when she can start to move.

Don't rush into a living arrangement for convenience. You have been through a lot take time to be your own person too as well as working on your relationship. Its really great that his family are so supportive towards you and the little one too

Sounds like things are going pretty well! I knew things would fall into place...proud of you for going to college, in light of everything else (i.e. the baby) going on! :) I'm also glad to hear you're finally feeling like a mother, and that you're happy you've decided to play such a primary role in her life. It's hard to relinquish our babies to someone else's care...I do it daily with both of my children, as both my husband and I teach. It's really, really tough on me. I would LOVE to be a SAHM, but that just isn't in the cards for my family, ever. So, while I used to live to work, now that I'm a mom, now I work to live. It really is what it is.

I'm glad to hear you're still with FOB! Take it one day at a time, and if you aren't comfortable with the idea of moving in together, there is certainly no rush, or reason to pressure yourselves into taking that step. :)

So happy for you! Things will always work out the way the are meant to be :flower:

I've just read your whole thread in 2 hours - wow what a rollercoaster that was! I am so glad everything is working out so well for you, you both sound like amazing, inspiring parents :D Best wishes for the future for you and your family xx

Just found your thread yesterday and have finally read it in it's entirety! I'm so pleased that you seem to have found your groove and that everything is falling into place for you! Good luck on your continuing motherhood journey! :thumbup::flower:

I just read through all of this and feel like I need to subscribe for dedicating so much time to it lol:haha:
Wow you have had quite the journey, lots of ups and downs and it just goes to show you how strong and mature you really are. I'm happy that you are connected to Gabby now and that you and your baby's father could work on your relationship. I hope everything is continuing to go as well as it has been :)

Just read this entire thread and am so happy with your last update! Hopefully things are still going well for you!

I feel I've neglected my 2 babies while reading this! I couldn't put my phone down! Heather or read your entire story and I think your an amazing young woman and mother an such a fantastic role model for others your age &#128156;

I was 19 when I first got pregnant but sadly that was ended with a miscarriage. Only two find out I was pregnant 6 months later with a little girl followed by a shock pregnancy 19 months after my little Layla was born I now have 2 little monkeys who are my entire world and hope to give them a little brother or sister soon. Your story has touched me and I will forever think back to this thread and the amazing journey you've been on, take care of yourself and little Gabriella &#128156;&#128156;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->