pregnant, new job! helpppp

kezzaside

Reaction score
I think I may be pregnant, only about 4 weeks but i start a new job in 3 days, I'm so worried about what to do!? Am I going to struggle for money :'( what would you lot do? Do I keep it ?! :( I live in the UK by the way xxx

Is it a job that requires a lot of manual labor or something similar? Does the job have the benefit of maternity leave for a month or two once baby comes?

If you WANT to keep the pregnancy, I see no reason why not to because of a new job, unless there is something about this particular position that requires you not to be pregnant?

Good luck

ermm take it wasnt planned then?
whats your situation? own home? bf? etc

you do get maternity pay but you would need to read up on it , as ive heard something about starting a new job and not getting as much money, but dont quote me on that xx

you should definitely keep it... this is your life and it is a human right to have a baby. They will not be able to let you go, don't say just yet, wait until the 12 weeks scan...

but don't give up your job for this!!!

hugs

I'm sorry kezzaside but to post this question in a forum where there are ladies who have been ttc for years is highly insensitive on your side particularly when you're asking the question whether you should keep it or not.

Before panicking you should test and confirm the pregnancy. And if it's positive then even if you're starting a job is perfectly normal to continue with your pregnancy until you take maternity leave. You're entitled to 6 months maternity leave in the uk. That's if you really want to be a mother. I don't know your personal circumstances so I cannot judge.

Good luck!
X

We have been trying and I have my own flat with my boyfriend, it would mean the world to me to keep it. I'm just scared that I wouldn't get any maternity leave because i want to give the best to my child Xx

Well if that's the case you shouldn't worry about maternity leave. Have you had the pregnancy confirmed? If yes you're entitled to maternity leave if you have been working for the same employer for a minimum of 6 months before your due date.

There are 2 types of maternity benefits. One is maternity allowance and the other statutory maternity pay. If you're pregnant and you start working now you'll be able to get maternity allowance for 12 weeks after you go on maternity leave and then for another 14weeks you can get statutory maternity pay. You can check it all in direct.gov.uk

Thank you so much, as long as I get something to get me by that puts my mind at rest Xx

Don't worry!

I'm TTC and find a new job. I worry about what happens if they both come at the same time.

If you start your new job, you don't have to tell them immediately. Wait for 3-4 months, to make sure the pregnancy is viable, then alert your manager or HR rep, whoever you feel comfortable with at that time.

Good luck! I hope you keep it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->