Pregnant on the pill? Missed pill...

LauraLeigh

Reaction score
We are basically not trying but not REALLY 100% preventing.

I was meant to start My new pill packet last Sat (Had unprotected sex on the Sat and also On Sunday) I generally forgot to take it! And had to throw Saturdays away and take the first one Sunday Instead.

Reading on the internet I read this...

Late Start:

The most common way women get pregnant while using The Pill is starting the next package late.

One day late starting the next package: Take two pills as soon as you remember and one pill each day after. Use a backup form of birth control for two weeks.

Has anyone on here got pregnant through this?xx

I missed like six pills and either doubled up or took them when I remembered..I meant to take two packs in a row cuz I was going on vacation with OH but surprise my period happened anyway so I missed three pills in the new pack. If that makes sense..I missed a pill while I ovulated too cuz my OH was in the hospital over night..but I don't think I'm pregnant. we will see on Tuesday tho lol!
I think every woman is different. Some people get pregnant on the pill because it isn't reAlly effective for them- just borderline and then that one time..also conception is a bit of a miracle in itself- a lot of really complicated things have to line up in order for sperm to meet egg.

I was on the pill when I got pregnant with Jamie... took it like clockwork too ... it just doesnt always work x

A friend of mine who didn't want kids - and I'm sure this will kill you guys as much as it kills me - got pregnant THREE times on birth control. Once on the pill so she switched to Depo. Then got pregnant on Depo so she switched to Mirena and later got pregnant with Mirena!! She has since had a hysterectomy.

So not fair to those of us who want children and try unsuccessfully for so long!

(and for the record, she loves her children like crazy - she just didn't have any interest in becoming a mother....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->