Pregnant or ttc over 35 with teenagers?

Families are a pain in the ass!!! My mum doesn't give a crap about me or my kids she walked away from us 3 years ago and has never looked back and it still upsets me and makes me angry!!! I don't have any in laws now as my mil died before I even met my husband and my fil died in October last year as u may remember :( so I have 2 sil's and 1 brother and 1 dad and 1 step mum to be and that is it :( and none of them live close enough to help :( my brother and his wife live 5 hours by flying and their expecting their first child the same time as me, and my dad and his girlfriend live over an hour away by car, and my other sil doesn't really care she has her own life and only comes around when she wants something so we are pretty much on our own :( anyway enough doom and gloom lol

31 weeks and 1 day .......
1 month and 3 weeks to go ....52 days :) yippee :)

I have been having the urge to cook up a storm and have things in The freezer ready for when I'm in hospital so that my family can just grab stuff as they want it :) but other than that I have been napping in the daytime too now that I'm on maternity leave lol I live a sad boring life lol :) thankgod for the Internet or I would be bored out of my mind :( I remember having the nesting instinct with my first pregnancy but not really with the others?? Hmm strange lol I cleaned my parents laundry lol yucky job lol I think that was about a week before I had her !! How about you ladies?? Any nesting going on???

Morning Ladies,

I did the nesting thing a few weeks ago. And then it dwindled away. I just don't seem to have any energy now.

Mum, yes, families are a pain! Thats for sure. I don't have any family around me either, just dh's and dh doesn't talk to them, and most of them don't talk to me! lol Oh well....

I haven't had a nesting instinct yet. I did wash the windows and put up the screens yesterday but that was because I want to open the windows and enjoy some fresh air. The siles were awful so I had to clean them.. but I think I over did it.. I now get to enjoy a hemmroid along with the fresh air !
It must have been the heavy lifting of the water bucket.
I have daycare kids today so it's going to be a long day !

Ouch future they suck !!! I swear my bottom will never be the same again after this pregnancy :( I swear that I have a constant hemmroid :( lol roll on baby day I want my bottom back lol

32 weeks and 2 days.....
1 month 2 weeks and 6 days to go woohoo :) 51 days ;)

LOL Mum!!

38 wk checkup today:

Baby is doing well. S/he has turned, so is no longer posterior, woohoo! My BP was slightly elevated, not even as bad as some other days. But the nurse didn't like it so gave me a urine test..no protein :happydance: Had a cervical check, only 1cm dialated and very little thinning :(

So maybe my thoughts/feelings on delivering early was all just wishful thinking. lol. We shall see :)

No real nesting for me. Have gone through some things and thrown out some things but no real cleaning. I do want to cook some meals and freeze them too. LOL

Hi! This is my first time on a forum...I am 35 in a couple of weeks. I have 2 daughters, 14 & 9. We decided about 6 mos. back to try for another! I had an IUD in since the birth of my last child...so almost a decade now...and after deciding to try again- had it removed in Oct. 2011. Our first attempt (although we weren't really trying, just not preventing) since having it removed was Jan/Feb. and guess what?! I found out I was pregnant! We were in shock! Complete shock! My first "real" cycle since the removal was Jan. 22, so I had no clue when I'd ovulate, how long my cycles were etc. I figured I'd really "try" in March, since I'd have a better idea after 2 cycles. But we got a Positive...and unfortunately, I miscarried this past Friday. I'm so disappointed, but guess my body just wasn't quite ready. And honestly, I'm just thrilled to know my body was "able" to get pregnant...so I have hope that we will be expecting again soon! I think this will be such a neat experience with the age gaps. My girls will have such a unique relationship with their lil sis or bro and will also be such a great help to me. I am very hopeful that it changes the dynamics of the family in a positive way. I certainly fear at times, that it will "slow" us down...we're an on the go family. Skiing many weekends in the winter (we live in Colorado), boating, camping, golfing in the summer...kids friends always in tow... but we've made a decision that aside from the first few months or so, baby goes with. We'll just have to adjust things a bit! Take turns on the lake shore, or sitting in the ski lodge..just have to adjust. I think it will work out fine...and the reality is, my 14 yr old isn't all that far off from wanting to spend all her free time with her pals anyhow...so I think we'll all do just fine!

Hi! This is my first time on a forum...I am 35 in a couple of weeks. I have 2 daughters, 14 & 9. We decided about 6 mos. back to try for another! I had an IUD in since the birth of my last child...so almost a decade now...and after deciding to try again- had it removed in Oct. 2011. Our first attempt (although we weren't really trying, just not preventing) since having it removed was Jan/Feb. and guess what?! I found out I was pregnant! We were in shock! Complete shock! My first "real" cycle since the removal was Jan. 22, so I had no clue when I'd ovulate, how long my cycles were etc. I figured I'd really "try" in March, since I'd have a better idea after 2 cycles. But we got a Positive...and unfortunately, I miscarried this past Friday. I'm so disappointed, but guess my body just wasn't quite ready. And honestly, I'm just thrilled to know my body was "able" to get pregnant...so I have hope that we will be expecting again soon! I think this will be such a neat experience with the age gaps. My girls will have such a unique relationship with their lil sis or bro and will also be such a great help to me. I am very hopeful that it changes the dynamics of the family in a positive way. I certainly fear at times, that it will "slow" us down...we're an on the go family. Skiing many weekends in the winter (we live in Colorado), boating, camping, golfing in the summer...kids friends always in tow... but we've made a decision that aside from the first few months or so, baby goes with. We'll just have to adjust things a bit! Take turns on the lake shore, or sitting in the ski lodge..just have to adjust. I think it will work out fine...and the reality is, my 14 yr old isn't all that far off from wanting to spend all her free time with her pals anyhow...so I think we'll all do just fine!

Welcome to the group and I am sorry for your loss.:hugs: Hoping you get your BFP really soon.

Sorry for your loss:cry:
It is amazing how you learn to incorperate a baby into busy lives. I have four daughters 22,21,19 & 2.. when my 2 yr old was born my 17 yr old was worried about how she would be effected and if the baby would slow us down.. well she didn't, we just modified how we did things.
We don't ski ( even though I am in norther Canada) but we do alot of out door activites.
I am expecting my 5th ( a boy) in May and have already planned all our camping trips for the summer.. the first one being when he is about 1 month old.. plus I have another day trip planned two weeks after he is due.. my advice is spend the money on a good three wheeled off road stroller ( I have a Baby Trend) and a sling..
We took Emily on a canoe trip when she was 4 months old.. they make life jackets that small..
Good luck:hugs:

Thanks! This is great news! Wow...you had quite a gap....that's wonderful!
I know it will be fantastic...just an adjustment...going back to diapers, strollers, etc!
I'm so anxious to concieve again soon!

I know it will all work out...just going to be an adjustment! I'm looking forward to it!
Thanks for your reply!

How are all you ladies today ?
I am suffering hugely from my lil' friend ( roidy) I have started taking 2 Epson salts baths daily, much to the delite of my 2 yr old who gets to get into the tub with me..
I think it is getting bigger and super painful. The pain is waking me during the night. I suffered from very large ones with Emily and the DR actually tried to cut and drain them ( made it worst) so I am trying my darnest to stop that from happening again.

Not sure of the exact days but 6 1/2 weeks left to go..

Dorion, how are you feeling ??? So exciting that someone is getting close :D

Welcome to the board Comment, so sorry for your loss! Good luck getting a sticky bean!!

Future, they have meds at the store for hemroids, have you tried them? I'm doing pretty good, thank you! Just TIRED! Ugh, can't wait to have my little one. I only have TWELVE DAYS till my due date :happydance:

I have tried various different meds.. witch hazel, creams ect.. nothing seems to really work.. I have found Epson salt baths 2x daily and lots of fiber help.. I took a Tylonal this morning and it took the edge off the discomfort.. this is the side effect of pregnancy that makes me a big baby..

Those last few weeks are always the longest.. and most tiring.. lets hope s/he decides to come soon er and not later.. my plan is at 38 weeks we start project " get out" meaning long walks, DTD or whatever wives tale there is to get labour started..lol.

:hugs: oic Future, sorry!!! it sounds sooo uncomfy

Hey ladies,

I am here. I have 4 weeks to my baby shower and 8 weeks 2 days until my delivery. Yay!!

Future, I hope you get some relief.

Dorian, I am super excited for you. I can't wait to see what you have.

Has anyone posted bump pictures?

Hey ladies,

I am here. I have 4 weeks to my baby shower and 8 weeks 2 days until my delivery. Yay!!

Future, I hope you get some relief.

Dorian, I am super excited for you. I can't wait to see what you have.

Has anyone posted bump pictures?

I have tried to upload a bump picture but it says the mega pixels are too large.. I haven't a clue how to fix that :shrug:

Good morning ladies how are we all this morning??
Future- ouch mine have not been that bad thankfully :( feel your pain though :(
Comet - welcome to my thread :) I'm so sorry about your loss, I think most of us on here have lost a baby at one time or another and it's the hardest thing I have ever been through so I feel you there x I'm sure you will see that bfp really soon hun xxx
Just a quick intro I have 3 girls aged 19,13 and 4 and #4 girl will be here in 6 weeks or so :) I have had 4 m/c the most recent being in feb last year, and I got pregnant again with this baby 6 months later :) she is our first clomid baby :) and we got her on our 2nd round of clomid :) we look forward to hearing more about u and your children :) so welcome again hun :) xx
Dorian - my god woman less than 2 weeks to go woohoo :) u will be the first of our group to have our babies :) yippee :)

Here is my countdown..
32 weeks and 4 days.....
1 month 2 weeks and 4 days left :)....49 days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->