Pregnant while on birth control?

darkstar

Reaction score
I'm on Ava 30 ED and I'm not the best at taking it at the exact time each day but I usually remember to at least take it around the same time each evening roughly. Once last month I forgot and had to take it the next afternoon as soon as I remember so I was over 12 hours late.

I did ovulate a couple of weeks ago, and I don't usually, but I had the cramping and increased discharge I would usually get when ovulating when i'm not on the pill.

For the last few days I've had an upset stomach, a little nausea, really really sore breasts, heartburn and headaches. I'm so hoping it is just the pill side effects as we are not trying to conceive, my 2 year old is supposed to be the last! I've been on the pill for around 5 months so its not my body adjusting to a new pill. Could it just be symptoms? I have no tests to set my mind at ease and I don't live close to a pharmacy to get any yet so I realise its the only way to be sure :/

Has anyone got pregnant on birth control?

(I've never been preg but I know a few people who have been) yes you can get preg while on BCP. The pill is only 97-99% effective even when you take it religiously. The 2 people I know did get preg while on the pill and they swore they took it religiously. Even the shot is still 99.9% effective. So all in all yes it is possible to get preg on the pill even when you do take it super duper religiously.

I became pregnant while on BCP. I took them everyday but not at the same time and boy was I surprised when I got my :bfp: a couple weeks later! I knew by the symptoms you're describing that something was up, especially the sore breasts. They were so mega sore that I had to use hot water bottles!

Thanks for your responses. I tested yesterday and it was negative but af wouldn't be due yet for 10 days anyway. I was hoping if I am pg it would show early so I know whether to keep taking my pills and I'm not sure if I should as they recommend you stop if you suspect you might be pg.

Just curious how this turned out for you? Im somewhat in the same situation. We moved at the end of april and during that move I ended up missing 3 active pills in a row which brought on my withdrawal bleed so i just stopped the pack (it was the last week) and let my bleeding die out at then restarted with a new pack so basically i missed the last 5 active pills plus the 7 inactive pills. So there was about a 12 day break in hormones for me. I restarted the pills and am now coming up to my inactive week again but there is this nagging feeling in m head that I am pregnant. I cant shake it and i think its because i know my chances were increased to ovulate but i mean really? does that really happen that often? I have taken a test and it showed negative so i figured I would wait to see if i bleed this coming week.

sorry for such a long post just been weighing heavy on my mind :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->