Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

hi ladies
its good to know that evreryone is doing great with all these pregnancy symptoms n thoughts:)
i always wished for a girl but my hubby wants a boy so i will b happy both way if its a girl or boy.
Does any one started talking to the baby already or tried to feel it???? i cant wait to feel my baby and even cant wait to hold n touch him/her

I do I do lol
I talk to it (BABY) I tell her/him to grow into a healthy baby, Cant feel it yet tho i heard that happens at 10wks...

yea, i am not "feeling" like there is anything wrong, its just that until I hear the heartbeat it's hard to relax and not worry that there havent been some chromosomal problems or anything. i watch things like this though to take my mind off the nerves, and it WORKS EVERY TIME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to7uIG8KYhg&noredirect=1

Stay positive, I feel you i have doctors apptm on Monday can not wait!!!Video is so cute:))

I talk to it sometimes, but I read that it can't hear anything until about 15 weeks.

On another note, I just posted a topic in the second tri forum (I figured they may have more answers there) about calorie intake. I am getting a bit fed up with these books that say you only need 200 extra calories and only in your third trimester. You use more energy when pregnant, so surely you'll be needing a higher calorie intake most of the way through. In first tri you're growing a placenta, and second you're growing your child :S

Well ladies I finally had my appointment and everything looks good. She said she is not worried about me and is looking forward to seeing me in two weeks when we can see/hear a heartbeat! I had a scan yesterday so they could date me and the sac was measuring at 4 week 6 days. So today I am 5 weeks and chugging along!

The tiredness has set in and I can't keep my eyes open, yet when I try to go to bed I can't sleep for more than 1 hour!! Tiredness and insomnia! What the heck?!

I hope you ladies are doing well!

Well ladies I finally had my appointment and everything looks good. She said she is not worried about me and is looking forward to seeing me in two weeks when we can see/hear a heartbeat! I had a scan yesterday so they could date me and the sac was measuring at 4 week 6 days. So today I am 5 weeks and chugging along!

The tiredness has set in and I can't keep my eyes open, yet when I try to go to bed I can't sleep for more than 1 hour!! Tiredness and insomnia! What the heck?!

I hope you ladies are doing well!

based on O date, ill be 5 weeks exactly tomorrow (so we're close)... i know what you mean about the tiredness and insomnia... mines not as much insomnia as its i cant stay asleep because i have to pee, sucks but gotta do what i gotta do!

on another note, i sat down today and did about 2 hours of research on what to eat and what to avoid... made my shopping list for the next couple months, if anyones interested in sharing theirs, would be nice to compare and get ideas, heres mine:

Whole grain bread
nuts - almonds
fresh fruit - apples, clementines, strawberies, bananas, peaches
asparagus
green beans
broccoli
yogurt
milk
cucumber
spinach
brown rice
chicken breasts
eggs
red beef
cereal
pasta
cottage cheese
lentils
garlic
low sugar marinara sauce
black beans
active culture yogurt
plain oatmeal

I've also been talking to baby and I can't wait to buy some headphones to put on my stomach and play music! I allowed myself to purchase one baby music CD and one baby chef outfit as my OH is a chef. All other purchases will happen after scan in 2 weeks! Anyone else buy anything yet?

Kaili your shopping list looks a lot like mine I've been adding good fats from
Avocados and peanut butter too which has helped with energy levels. And I have been splurging on organic and am amazed how much the produce tastes better!

Kaili, your list looks pretty much like mine as well. I too have added peanut butter as a good source of fat and protein and whatever else it has! I also added low fat string cheese. It helps me get to the next meal without dying of hunger!

I've posted a poll in the baby names section, but no votes yet.
For a girl, which of these 3 names do you prefer?

1. Ava
2. Aria
3. Arianna
??

DH and I can't decide!

1. Ava
2. Aria
3. Arianna
??

DH and I can't decide!

They were all on my list, but hubby doesnt like them, I love them they are beautifull names.. i like Ariannna Then you can call her aria for short..

1. Ava
2. Aria
3. Arianna
??

DH and I can't decide!

Arianna!!! That is on my list too! I love it!

1. Ava
2. Aria
3. Arianna
??

DH and I can't decide!

They were all on my list, but hubby doesnt like them, I love them they are beautifull names.. i like Ariannna Then you can call her aria for short..

Thank you, yes that was my idea too! I bet I'll know what to choose when I see her. Man will I get a surprise if it's a boy, haha. Fortunately we quickly decided on a boy name, found them a lot easier to pick.

Lets see My scan is monday and rather then focusing on the joy of seeing my baby, im stuck with welts the size of quarters and All over itchyness... Swelling of the hands, and the worry of harming my baby with the benadryl I was told by my doc to take.. I want to cry and cry but just one tear makes me break out more...

Stress!! You have to stop stressing! That has to be why the hives are so bad! Just breathe, everything will be ok :)

Lets see My scan is monday and rather then focusing on the joy of seeing my baby, im stuck with welts the size of quarters and All over itchyness... Swelling of the hands, and the worry of harming my baby with the benadryl I was told by my doc to take.. I want to cry and cry but just one tear makes me break out more...

dont worry everything will b ok just b positive n get excited coz u r going to see your lil bean first time :)
beat of luck for your scan.

Kaili your food list is so good i m also trying to eat all healthy veg n fruits.

CordeliaJ i like all of these 3 names n i know it is difficult to decide:)

AmandaWI: how r u feeling today???

wontgiveup: i agree try to de-stress take a nice bath or go for a walk, listen to soothing music whatever will calm you down, the stress can't help the hives. And I wouldn't worry too much about the benedryl better to be happy and healthy than sick and stressed, and it is on the safe list too :flower: I know it's easier said than done to de-stress but anything that takes your mind off of the hives will help. And just think you get to see your baby on Monday that's so exciting!

Cordelia- I've always LOVED Ava but now that I see it next to Arianna I am in love with Arianna more, especially because you can call her Aria for short! Beautiful names!

I had a taste for chocolate chip cookies last night and made them with all organic ingredients, they do taste a lot better and I feel not so guilty eating them :blush:

I had a taste for chocolate chip cookies last night and made them with all organic ingredients, they do taste a lot better and I feel not so guilty eating them :blush:

post a recipe perhaps?

Here's the cookies I made! Just used my basic recipe and swapped out the ingredients for organic ones!

2 1/4 cups all-purpose organic flour, I like Bob's Red Mill
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt (i used kosher)
1 cup (2 sticks) Horizon Organic butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar, Wholesome Sweetners
3/4 cup packed brown sugar, Wholesome Sweetners
1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla extract
2 large Amish eggs
as many chocolate chips as you like, recipe calls for 2 cups I usually put more :haha:, 365 organic chocolate chips

I always soften my butter, then cream it with the sugars. Add each egg one at a time and beat well after each addition. Add vanilla. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, then slowly add it to creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 375 and bake for around 10 minutes. Pour a glass of milk and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->