Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

I know Bmama! It will feel so much more real when we finally get to see our little beans!

When is your scan Amanda? I bet you are counting down the days too!

i'm waiting too, only difference with me is ill only be 7 weeks at my appointment and they already burst my bubble and told me they typically don't do any scans at your first visit!!

My first appt is next Monday, but I don't know if they will do a scan or not. My sister had the same Dr and she said they had to do a vag u/s her first appt in order to hear the heartbeat. So, I'm thinking it will be the same for me. I'm really hoping I get to see my little bean....and that everything is okay :) How are you feeling?

Yay so exciting so many scans next week!!! I can't wait for the thread to fill up with pictures:) I'm feeling okay today, it seems some days are now better than others and my MS isn't as constant. I feel better than I did a few weeks ago but now I have headaches and can't seem to drink enough water so I'm (tmi alert) peeing like a racehorse! I'll take that over hugging the toilet any day thou. How are you feeling Amanda? And everyone else?

your scan is so amazing Wontgiveup. m so happy for u :)
So every one is waiting for their scan now so do I :) but i wont b able to have a scan here coz m going back home for some time n i ll get it done there. hopefully at 9 weeks. cant wait really

My first appt is next Monday, but I don't know if they will do a scan or not. My sister had the same Dr and she said they had to do a vag u/s her first appt in order to hear the heartbeat. So, I'm thinking it will be the same for me. I'm really hoping I get to see my little bean....and that everything is okay :) How are you feeling?

They should be able to here the heartbeat and see everything with a regular abdominal scan :) It worked with me..

Yay so exciting so many scans next week!!! I can't wait for the thread to fill up with pictures:) I'm feeling okay today, it seems some days are now better than others and my MS isn't as constant. I feel better than I did a few weeks ago but now I have headaches and can't seem to drink enough water so I'm (tmi alert) peeing like a racehorse! I'll take that over hugging the toilet any day thou. How are you feeling Amanda? And everyone else?

I haven't been feeling the greatest the last week or so. It seems to help if I keep eating, but nothing sounds good to me. I'm struggling to find anything I want to eat, much less trying to eat healthy :) Did you find any tricks that made you feel better? I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I hope I'm the same in a few weeks.

NO ms for me, it lasted a week and then nothing... I cant wait to see everyones scans, i want to compare lol, Its so hard to see the baby, i make out the yolk sac real well and then the baby is to the left... Cant wait to see all hands fingers, legs feet toes, arms, head.... eyes mouth LOL im excited for my 20wk scan, but wow thats a long ways off...

Girls with MS, peppermints have been a life saver for me. It takes away my nausea but only briefly. Still, it's been really useful at work when I feel sick & can't take a break.
A few foods that have worked during sickness; cheese strings, apples, raisins, plain flavoured crisps (although if I have the same ones for a few days in a row, I start to feel sick at the sight of them), plain soups (noodle soup, miso soup), and pasta or baked potato for meals. DH found a recipe for a really plain mushroom pasta dish, I think all it has in it is butter, parsley & mushrooms, but the way it's cooked makes it taste great. So far that's the one main meal (other than the jacket potato) that hasn't made me sick. Currently my lunch food is a cheese wholemeal bagel, that goes down ok too.

I'm really hoping my MS will go soon, although I will say that it was the worst between 6-9 weeks, it's not quite as bad now, mainly nausea but not so much throwing up anymore.

I've also ordered a 'baby on board' badge - I always said I'd never get one, but some guy pushed me in the belly whilst trying to squeeze himself onto a packed train. It really hurt :(

You're very lucky Wontgiveup. It's more like all day sickness for me, LOL!

Thanks for the tips Cordelia! Luckily, so far I haven't thrown up, but I feel like I want to :) Today I had some peanut butter and celery for a snack and pasta for lunch and so far it seems to be okay! I've found that I have to keep eating and not let myself get hungry, otherwise it gets really bad!

Questin? My mothernlaw is the closet thing i have to a mom since my mother passed, We get along just fine, and respect all her insite On life.. shes a great help to us.
Ok so heres my question, She has asked us to stay with her for a few days after the baby is born... She has a big place with plenty of room But im just not sure, If we should just come home and get used to everything on are own, or stay with her so she can help, She talked more about it with allen and he said she made a good point, if the baby wont stop crying Or among many other things she would be able to reasure us everything is ok and i could sleep, but I know i wont sleep lol

Personally I think it's a great idea, as long as you all get along a good as it sounds like you do. The one thing all my friends have said after bringing their first baby home is how overwhelmed they feel at first so I think if the offer of help is there, grab it with both hands x

Questin? My mothernlaw is the closet thing i have to a mom since my mother passed, We get along just fine, and respect all her insite On life.. shes a great help to us.
Ok so heres my question, She has asked us to stay with her for a few days after the baby is born... She has a big place with plenty of room But im just not sure, If we should just come home and get used to everything on are own, or stay with her so she can help, She talked more about it with allen and he said she made a good point, if the baby wont stop crying Or among many other things she would be able to reasure us everything is ok and i could sleep, but I know i wont sleep lol

i love my MIL to death but my own feeling is that i'm going to want to be in my house with my shower, and specifically in MY bed... if she offered the help, i'd turn it around and ask her to stay in our guest room instead. some people are saying go for it, but i can tell you having watched my 4 younger sisters be raised, with 2 of them we swapped bedrooms a week after they came home and even a single room adjustment in the same house was a disruption for the babies and it made it a little more difficult that first week in the new bedroom. (though im not sure what you will be doing in terms of night time feeding, my mother never once co-slept with any of us, so we always had our own rooms)

Well apparently Its a topic i cant bring up with my husband, cause he gets all defensive.. I guess my opinon doesnt matter
Were going for 2 days, He said i think itll be good for you and stuff your going to be tired
I said im not going to be able to rest at someone elses house, And thats why i have you its a partner ship, Its for us to figure out..
I told him we would have to go through adjustments twice, he said you act as if were never going to leave her house when we are only going to be there for 2 days.
UGHHH realy Hes such a smartass!!!!!!!!!1

Well apparently Its a topic i cant bring up with my husband, cause he gets all defensive.. I guess my opinon doesnt matter
Were going for 2 days, He said i think itll be good for you and stuff your going to be tired
I said im not going to be able to rest at someone elses house, And thats why i have you its a partner ship, Its for us to figure out..
I told him we would have to go through adjustments twice, he said you act as if were never going to leave her house when we are only going to be there for 2 days.
UGHHH realy Hes such a smartass!!!!!!!!!1

im the same, i cant sleep well in other people's houses (not even my own mother's, or hotels or anything)... and though i imagine that you wont be sleeping much anyway due to the baby, if you're breastfeeding, its not like you're going to be able to stay asleep in the evenings anyway cuz you're the one with the tatas... you could always try my method (which usually works) and just tell your husband to suck it, and do what you want hahaha though if you want to stay over there at your MIL's, the help would be a bonus :)

the help would be nice, but i think its all kind of pointless.. Im a mom now My tiredness doesnt matter... And right now he does need to just suck it!! lol

Yea I'm pretty sure I would have given him a fat "Hell no!" to the MIL's house thing. You're the mom now, you do what is best for you and baby. Not the MIL... If she wants to help she can help at your house! :)

For me, living with my MIL would not work. I love my in-laws very much, but when I have a baby, I do not want them thinking I need them to get through it. It will be time for our little family to cope and get through the hardships together, even if that means lack of sleep for me and DH. It will be a trying time, but what happens when you have a 2nd child, if you plan to do so? Then you will have the added pressure of a young toddler and a newborn. At least if you get through the 1st alone, you will know you can do it on your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->