Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

We talked it over and he would feel more comfortable for the first to nights if we stayed there. I gave in and said ok. He's going to make a great dad he's just scared he won't know what to do so since moms had 3 kids he feels safer there for 2 nights. I said ok. I'm ok with it.

I wouldn't mind staying with my in Laws if my OH insisted plus the extra help couldn't hurt. You'll be home and getting comfy before you know it anyways :)

Amanda- I have found eating every 1-2 hours even just a small piece of fruit (apples, oranges, grapes) helps keep nausea at bay. And sometimes I just need to sleep! When I'm hungry but nauseous bland foods or carbs are best bets for me. When I feel good I try and eat whatever healthy sounds good in the moment :)

Good advice Bmama! I am just now getting to that eat every 2 hours diet and struggling because I feel like all the carbs can't be good for the baby! However that is all I can eat! :(

Hopefully this eating every 2 hours will keep the nausea under control and I can eat healthier foods. It's figuring out what works best for you that is the hardest!

I'm glad you worked it out, Wontgiveup. I know I wouldn't be able to stay with my MIL and I don't think DH could either, haha! We love her, but don't always agree with everything she says or does :) Which is probably why she's one of the people we haven't told yet :) We're a little afraid she won't keep it a secret, even if we ask.

Great advice Bmama! Thx! It's weird, but after a while you kind of get used to feeling crappy and don't remember what it was like before :) At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself, LOL!

Akilgore, from what I've read high carb foods are good right now. That's what I crave a lot, too. However, it's hard for me because I am gluten intolerant, so I usually make a lot of the buns or breaded things myself, which I don't feel like doing right now. Luckily I have a bunch of bread in my freezer:)

Aw akilgore I hope you feel better soon and find what foods work best for you! It took me a long time to feel good about eating, but keeping up the frequency is our best bet :)
Amanda- I am all about the carbs, this week it's all about the bagels and cream cheese I could have one for every meal! My two books- what to expect and the mayo clinic guide to pregnancy- recommend eating something is better than nothing, so if all you want is carbs go for it! Our bodies are using a lot more energy at rest than ever before. I don't actually feel like I'm eating more yet so I'm worried about that but I'm sure once the MS goes away ill be an eating machine :haha:
There is light at the end of the ms tunnel ladies I hate to say this (bc I am sure it will come back to bite me) but I think my ms is getting better! Maybe it's just more manageable than anything but like Amanda said I'm use to feeling like crap by now so when I feel good it's really noticible! I still have an ungodly amount of heartburn and indigestion but I'll take that over nausea any day!

Mmmm, a bagel & cream cheese sounds really good :) Mabybe I'll have that for supper.

Yum bagels! As for me I have a migraine and I need a nap. Hope I didn't get sick from being in the waiting room for so long. Allen is sick to :(. He's going to sec shifts so that he can go to all my appointments.

Feel better Wontgiveup. That's great that your hubby can change his schedule. I'm lucky that my DH owns his own business so he can create his own schedule :)

Sorry you feel ill wontgiveup, hopefully it's just a pregnancy headache! I had a horrible one today that caused me to nap and I still feel ick! I'll make sure to mention it at my appointment next week but I guess these are normal?

It's very normal. I think it's because of the hormones. When I went off bc, I went through 6 weeks of hormone withdrawal and had horrible headaches. Turns out it is common, but definitely not fun!

Is anyone else extremely tired? I didn't sleep very well last night, so I am extra tired today! Earlier, I actually tried to make it look like I was working on something on my computer at work, so that I could doze off for a few minutes, LOL! Believe it or not it helped a little bit and nobody noticed. I might have to do that more often:)

Lol Amanda that is a good idea!!! I am sooo exhausted too!! I've been getting up 3-4 times a night to use the washroom and I think not getting a straight night sleep for weeks is getting to me. That or its preparing me for when the LO comes??

Hope everyone is feeling great today! My headache was cured last night after dinner guess I was hungrier than I thought! I ate so much pasta and felt a world better! Carbs are my new bff

Yes i have been extremely tired to, it sucks heard it gets better in the second tri.. hope so!
No more MS
My breast are sore (VERY) lol And im always hungry and thirsty.
Hubby and i are going to the Garden Grill this evening for dinner, and im going to try to make a tasty snack for when we get home, im craving Choc covered strawberries, Iv never made them, but im going to try hope they turn out good..

i m not much tired but i think my MS is kicking in. i did not threw up yet but felt nauseous all day today and today i ate alot bcoz it feel better after eating something but i cant eat any kind of sweets.
and yeah my boobs are so achy n have grown bigger. i cant sleep on my sides bcoz of pain in my boobs.

Wontgiveup how did the chocolate covered strawberries turn out?? I totally want some now!! Miriam- sry your ms is kicking in I was hoping one of us would luck out and not get it!! Eating often does help a lot so keep it up :) I am all over the place with food yesterday I had to have pad Thai for dinner but no way do I want my leftovers today. My OH seems to think I'm getting better but I still feel nauseous most of the time, only throwing up about once a day now so I guess somewhat of an improvement?

oh they turned out great we just tried are first one yumm, Plans got messed up tho,, instead of movie night we have to deal with plumbing probs,when ever the washer drains it backs up and leaks out the bottom of the tolite EKKKK.. Were drainoing the heck out of it lol
And poor DH is sick with a bad cold, i hate that he has been on his feet all day, he put flooring down in the hall today and then just as he gets ready to relax this happens :(
But at least the strawberries turned out great YUMM

Yummy! Chocolate covered strawberries!

My symptoms seem to come and go. I appears that they are at their worst when my levels increase, or hormones or whatever increases! About every three days! Today I am two days past my last day of feeling crummy and I'm feeling great so far! I expect to wake up tomorrow feeling awful and munching on crackers in my bed. LOL.

Glad everyone is doing well! We have been having a busy weekend here, which is why I haven't been on here very much!

for me its been because im trying to stay away from the internet... my first appointment is this coming friday and they already said they wont do an ultrasound til im closer to 11 weeks, so I've gotten my hopes down for that, as thats 5 weeks away...

ive got no symptoms whatsoever except fatigue and insomnia but I'm attributing it to the fact that my mind is so active thinking about the baby and whether or not he's okay in there and if his heart is even beating etc etc etc etc...

i don't even know what my hcg levels are like right now so i can't even say for sure that im doubling normally.

man, i could really use a tardis right now

Miriam, sorry to hear MS has started, but glad you aren't really tired. Like bmama said, eating often helps.

Wontgiveup, sorry about the plumbing problems, but the choc covered strawberries sound great!

Akilgore, it's interesting that you say that. Every few days I seem to have an awful day and then a few days of feeling ok. Today is not my best day :( But, hopefully tomorrow will be better. I had horrible lower back pain last night and didn't sleep well. Has anyone else had bad lower back pain? That was a sypmtom I wasn't expecting, but I've read that it is common.

Kaili, sorry to hear you have to wait so long for an u/s. I had my first ob appt yesterday and wasn't able to get any scans either. They didn't even try to listen for the heartbeat, because she thought it was too early. Luckily, they are having me go for an u/s next tuesday to see how far along I am. I was really hoping to get some peace of mind by hearing the heartbeat yesterday, but at least I only have to wait another week. I was going to tell my co-workers, but now I don't know if I should wait until next week. It's exhausting trying to hide it from everyone, so I might just tell them anyway. As far as I know all my bloodwork is good, so I'm assuming everything is ok.

Kaili, sorry to hear you have to wait so long for an u/s. I had my first ob appt yesterday and wasn't able to get any scans either. They didn't even try to listen for the heartbeat, because she thought it was too early. Luckily, they are having me go for an u/s next tuesday to see how far along I am. I was really hoping to get some peace of mind by hearing the heartbeat yesterday, but at least I only have to wait another week. I was going to tell my co-workers, but now I don't know if I should wait until next week. It's exhausting trying to hide it from everyone, so I might just tell them anyway. As far as I know all my bloodwork is good, so I'm assuming everything is ok.

i already told my 2 bosses but nobody else... i actually pushed my scan back to next thursday (it was supposed to be this coming friday) but I didn't like my OB and switched and their first opening was next week. hope all goes well! I'll be 7 and a half weeks at that point and they will be doing an U/S at the appointment. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->