Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

Had a private scan yesterday n saw my tiny baby first time who was moving and jumping around. I was so amazed to see him/her. Nurse told me that baby is measuring right n there was a heart beat n movment :). She did not have a printer so could'nt get a pic but i ll get a pic of my 12 week scan anyway.

hey miriam...

g8 dear...when is ur next scan??iamwaiting for my targetted scan.its on feb27

God..i have gone completely nuts!!!!whenever I open my laptop, I start going to forums which talk abt First birthday....

Y am i doing this???I was seriously asking my husband abt my Kid's bday cake design..uphhhh IAM TOTALLY OBSSESSED...

JJsmom..there was one lavender oil and heatpad box in mothercare.Sales Assistant told me to buy that too...any idea abt that??are u using it??

Sorry, no idea about that.

Miriam, that's so exciting!! So happy you got to see your baby :)

AFM, over the weekend I thought I was turning a corner and starting to feel better. But, yesterday and today are just as bad as ever! Anyone else still not feeling better?

AFM, over the weekend I thought I was turning a corner and starting to feel better. But, yesterday and today are just as bad as ever! Anyone else still not feeling better?

well ive felt great with no sickness at all until a few days ago, so yes, im with you there lol

AmandaWI, I thought I was feeling better until about a week or so ago. The fatigue has kicked back in and I constantly feel like I have a tummy bug.
To make it worse, te air must be really dry in my house because I have a scratchy throat and icky nose every morning. But it gets better during the day while I am at work. We replaced our furnace filter and am looking at buying a larger humidifier, ours is obviously not keeping up.
Sorry to hear you are also not feeling well. Hopefully by the 2nd trimester things will subside for you girl!

Thanks Wishfulone! I've heard pregnancy can increase your mucus and make you more congested. So, it might not be your house. I know I've had the same thing. I was also thinking of getting a humidifier, but if it's just a pregnancy symptom I'm not sure if it will help. I'll probably try it anyway :)

I read something encouraging the other day. Around 10 weeks and once you've heard the baby's heartbeat, the chances of miscarriage go down to only 3%. :) I think we are all either close or past that point!!

Hi Wishfulone and Amanda..

Even now i have nose congestion.That is coz of pregnancy(as per book what to expect).So nothing to worry.It will be there till the end it seems.I have it only at night time.

Even i read that once u have heard heartbeat,then the chance of miscarriage is reduced.Further reduced during second trimester.

We should be careful n 3rd trimester coz of premature delivery.So planning for a baby moon.Then do it in second trimester.

Infact iam persuading my husband to take me on a babymoon now..will see how it works:)

Sorry for the long post

I have heard the congestion thing previously also. I have had some sinus problems in the past, so I am not sure what is going on.
Try a NetiPot or saline mist if you havent. It helps clear up some of the mucus and dries it out.
I am trying to avoid medication, but I did take 1/2 dose of Sudafed last night just to try to help me get some rest. I am beyond exhausted.

Miram- congrats on seeing your LO!!! It is amazing to see baby for the first time, such a special day I can't wait until you get to take pics home you won't be able to stop looking at them trust me!

Amanda- I have days where I think I feel amazing (have way more energy than I did a few weeks ago), but the morning sickness still comes when I least expect it. I also have a bit more congestion than normal but I found that our big humidifier really helps. But a pot of boiling water on the stove works wonders for dry air too! I have heard great things about neti pots so maybe give that a try? They sell them at wallgreens and CVS, probably target too. Hope you start to feel better soon!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, things have been crazy on my end with work and getting together with friends to share the news. Now that we are officially in the second trimester we've about told everyone of our close friends & family, and made a facebook announcement today (OH made me do it, I personally felt weird about it but it's nice for far away friends to know). I have found I have a lot more energy these days and don't need to nap, but I hit a wall around 7-8 PM and cannot stay up past 10:30 anymore! I have been catching up on my favorite show Downton Abby and have fallen asleep during it every night this week! My bump is starting to come in too and I need to go shopping for mat pants, my jeans definitely aren't comfortable anymore :(

akshustobemom- I really want to take a babymoon too! Not sure if we will fly anywhere but possibly take a drive up to northern Wisconsin and spend a weekend in a cabin and fishing. I've read the second tri is the best time to do it too. Where do you think you'll go for yours?

Bmama, you're about 3 weeks ahead of me, so I'm hoping I follow in your footsteps and get more energy soon and at least a little break from the nausea :) Thanks for the tips! If you don't mind me asking where are you from? I'm in Wisconsin :) I love staying in cabins in northern Wisconsin, it's so peaceful! We usually do it every summer.

We have a few small weekend trips planned in the next few months. We are also going to Alabama in May for my brother in law's wedding. We plan to spend an extra few days by the beach after the rest of the family goes home :) So looking forward to some sunshine!! So, I'll guess we'll have to make that our babymoon, LOL!

ooh Amanda where abouts in Wisconsin? I'm at Benet Lake which is right by Illinois border. We are planning on moving down to Chicago after the baby is born as that's where we both work, so it's quite the commute about an hour each way). I LOVE northern Wisconsin and have been summering up there since I was little :) When we move back to Wisconsin I think it'll be to the northern woods! Your babymoon sounds fun!! I have a friend who had family in Alabama and all the pictures look so pretty on the gulf. I also hope you start feeling better soon, I know even just a little bit of improvement helps the mood so just hang tight and it'll come before you know it :thumbup:

Bmama, I am in Fond du Lac, which is about an hour north of Milwaukee. I work north of Milwaukee and have about a 45 minute commute, so I know how you feel. We built our house only 2 years ago, so maybe I'll change my job instead of moving, LOL!! I love Chicago, we love taking girls trips there, so much fun! Thanks for the well wishes! And I know you're right that it will come quickly as I already can't believe I am 11 weeks tomorrow!

I live in TN
Went to the doctors Tuesday. Baby is good we heard the heart beat. My BP is to high it was 164/110 :(. Shes worried if it stays like this that the baby wont get the right nutrients through the placenta so Im on BP meds now... I asked her if the reason i was so extremely tired could be because of the BP she said def and that i should feel better once i start taking the medication well im on my sec pill and i feel so so so much better then i have been feeling. Im tired but, not like i was. If my blood preasure doesnt go down then I have to go all the way to UT (a hour and 30 min drive) to get a ultrasound scan at 20 wks rather then just getn it at my doc office cause theyll want to test everything and make sure nutrients are getn to the baby and to check the placenta and stuff. As long as they can get my blood preasure undercontrol then I shouldnt have to go... But it would be worth the drive to make sure everything is ok! I get my Downsyndrom testing done on the 26th and then ill go back march 12th then the appointment after that will find out what were having :) Excited

Ok so for all you girls out there who prob ask your selfs the same questions I went ahead and asked my doc
A. Is it ok to eat shrimp
B. Is it ok to eat tuna ( love tuna salad)
C. What about fish
D. TEA like the sleepy time tea or herbal tea

Answers
A. yes Just make sure its been cooked
B. Yes But limit yourself because of the mercury One can a week is fine ( i laughed cause Im like a can of Tuna once every 4 month kind of girl, im not crazy about it) Tuna has omega 3 in it witch helps baby grow
C. Fish yes as long as its like the boxed breaded fish at the stores, no shark or anyother ocean/sea fish
D. Yes its perfectly fine to treat your self to a hot cup of tea infact its healthy for the baby.

NOTE: cold cuts yes and no As long as your not eating a bunch of it, HEat it if you can if not you should still be fine...

Akshu.. My next scan is on 2nd march n m really looking forward to it.
Amanda... Yes i am in the same boat i dont feel good either cant wait to start second trimester coz i've heard u feel better in second trimester.

I'm so glad it's Friday!!! And Monday is President's Day, so I have the day off, Yay! I also have my second ob appt on Monday, and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat!! (We only got to see it at the ultrasound)

Wontgiveup, hope the meds help and your blood pressure goes down. Thanks for sharing your answers!

Miriam, I'm looking forward to the 2nd trimester as well. Let's hope we both notice a big improvment!

Wontgiveup- I hope you start to feel better soon and the meds help your BP go down :thumbup: Also thanks for sharing those answers I love tea, shrimp and fish but have been eating/drinking them all sparingly. You get to find out the gender soon how exciting!!!

I have my next midwife appointment next Wednesday. I'm assuming she'll go over the results of my ultrasound/bloodwork and hopefully I get to hear the heart beat again!! I have no idea when my next ultrasound is so it is something I need to ask. Othwerwise I am going to look into a private scan so we can find out the gender! There is a place I found that offers gender scans at 15 weeks so theoretically I could go next weekend :winkwink:

Also, a friend of mine sent me a link about the diet of pregnant women and I found it so interesting I must share (FYI: it's a little academic and dense imo): https://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id11.html
It basically states that because of our increase in blood volume that there shouldn't be a limit on the amount of salt pregnant women eat, and that we should be eating 2600 calories a day! better start eating ladies :happydance:

Hi Bmama,

i wanna go to goa.I just wanna walk in the beach.just 2 days in a resort will be g8 for me.But my husband is verrrry scared abt travelling(though we will go by flight,he is scared abt landing).So not sure.Moreover we have lots of rituals to be done during pregnancy.I have one ion march 27th and another one on april 14th.So should finish off babymoon before that:)

Miriam..

Scans really make us feel we are pregnant.everyone started asking me abt baby movement.I just feel some sort of gas bubble rolling inside my stomach.Nothing much:-( should ask the dr when i visit on march 2nd.

hiee wontgiveup,

dont worry.I asked my dr abt my BP.Right now it is 110/70.But scared just coz my parents have high bp and sugar.My Dr said,we are not suppose to reduce salt during pregnancy.If we reduce salt,then we will not have proper energy it seems.Just try to avoid preservatives,pickles and other very salty items...

Dont worry.Glad that you started feeling better after taking medicinies:)

Woohoo my blood preasure is down, It was 130/77 :) Beat 164/110 anyday :)
Wow Bmama thats a lot 2600 hmmm all iv had today is some pizza, apple, Snacked on some bread and butter pickles and chips lol oh and some pears, wonder if i took in that amount... I doubt i hit 1500.

I havent been sick but I also havent had an appetite recently. Feels weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->