Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

I had a slightly better weekend than last week, but today I feel crappy again. It seems I feel worse the days I work, I must not get as much rest. Oh well, not much I can do about that. I started taking my prenatals at night, which has helped a little.

I had my second ob appt yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat!!! It's such a comfort knowing everything is going well. It makes the sickness worth it, LOL! Bmama, hope you get to hear your baby's heartbeat tomorrow :)

Wontgiveup, glad your bp is down!

Amanda its nice to know that every thing is going fine with your baby.
And dont worry abt feeling crap coz this is the only way we can feel pregnant lolz. I feel crap all day too and last night i threw up first time in my pregnancy though i feel sick all the time.

Miriam, sorry you're feeling sick too and had a bad night last night :) I've got my fingers crossed we'll both be feeling better in a few weeks!

Does anyone know when you are supposed to stop laying on your back? I read somewhere that it's ok in the 1st trimester, but I didn't know at what point it changes.

:yipee:That's great your blood pressure is down wontgiveup!! I know how stressful it is to have high BP, I have what is called the "white coat syndrome" and always have slightly elevated BP at my appointments. It's been lower since being pregnant, but at my appointment today when I got there it was 124/70 and the nurse was concerned. She asked me (which I found odd at first) if I had to use the washroom and I did, so she gave me a cup and told me to "relieve myself" lol then she took my blood pressure again and it was down 118/70. She said even the pressure from having to pee can make your BP rise!

Sorry you aren't feeling well Amanda & Miriam, hopefully you start to feel better soon! Amanda- how exciting you got to hear the heartbeat!!! I agree with you it's nice to know everything is going well! I got to hear baby's heartbeat at my appointment today too and I was SO HAPPY!!!:yipee: The HB was 154 today so just a little under what it was at my Ultra sound. They also told me everything looked good from my last round of bloodwork at the NT scan, and baby looks healthy so far. Suuuch a sigh of relief I just pray a healthy pregnancy and baby continue until 40 weeks! I asked about my bad headaches and midwife said even though they are most common in the 4th month I was probably not drinking enough water and eating enough, so I'm going to have to get better at that :thumbup:

also Amanda- about laying on your back, I'm not 100% sure but I did google it about a week ago and I remember reading that around 20 weeks you should stop, or at least make it a 45 degree angle and prop yourself up. It's going to be hard because I LOVE laying on my back when I watch tv. Does anyone know exactly when we should stop laying on our backs?

Hi bmama n Amanda,

Till 4th month completion lying on back 'll not be a problem.I read this from wat to expect book.

My experience..iam unable to sleep on my back now for a long time.if I cross 5 mins, then there is a pulling effect in my abdomen.so I am forced turn on sides..

I love laying on my back too but i dont know when should we stop it and i also noticed that my back gets achy if i dont change my side while sleeping so i keep changing my sides all night.
Bmama good to know your baby is growing healthy and yes it is a sigh of relief for all of us to listen baby's heart beat.
Amanda i too hope that we both ll feel better soon :)

It is going to be hard to adjust to sleeping on my side. I used to be a tummy sleeper, but that is not very good for you, so I learned to sleep on my back and now that is the easiest way for me. Time to re-adjust!
I am sure once we start getting larger that sleeping in any position other than on our sides will just cause too much discomfort and that side-sleeping will feel the most natural.

Bmama, so glad you got to hear the heartbeat! It's so amazing, isn't it? My neighbor has a dopler, so I might have to use it once in a while :)

I agree with everyone, that sleeping is going to be an adjustment. I feel like I already have a hard time getting comfortable. I love sleeping on my stomach, but I can already notice that it's not as comfortable anymore. Also, I tend to move around a lot during the night, I'm thinking that's not going to be so easy in a few months, LOL! I might have to get out my preggie pillow soon :)

Oh I already miss sleeping on my stomach! It isn't nearly as comfortable anymore, honestly it feels like I'm sleeping on a rock in my stomach. I might need to invest in a pregnancy pillow soon. What kind does everyone recommend?

I'm pretty sure the brand my mom got me was Boppy, like the popular nursing pillow.

hi girls, I cant find a body pillow anywhere and I want one bad lol!
Did some spring cleaning today, early i know but hey its never to early to clean. I just felt baby move so cool.. Feels like The baby is tumbling, Is anyone else feeling weird achs on and off around the ovary area i guess its just were every thing is stretching but mine likes to linger on one side since i was about 7wks along... Im so glad im in the second tri. Blood preasure is doing great staying around 125/78 some times bottom number is 88.. My pulse is whats always high. I still have nausea and make a trip to the tolite at least 4 times a week lol. I hate it but hey at least i know its a good sign, It came later for me then it did you ladys, I didnt realy start throwing up TMI till I was 10wks along. Have a good weekend! :) Glad to here things are going well for you girls..

I am with you, wontgiveup, my symptoms are now getting worse. They waned for a while, but I am suddenly experiencing a fair share of nausea and sickness. It is the pits!! But, I am just trying to remember that I have had it fairly easy thus far, and I am grateful for that.
I have been using my fetal doppler several times a week. That little heartbeat is the sweetest, most comforting noise I have ever heard.
Now, to work on the nerves I am experiencing when I think about labor. I have zero fears about actually being a mom, just the journey my body is going to go through to get there. Still, not forgetting it is a BLESSING!
How is everyone else!?

I get extreme anxiety when i think about labor so i try not to think about it, im sure that no matter how much i try to prepare my self for labor, itll be nothing like i imagined it to be.. I feel great, i have loads of energy this entire weekend, iv done a lot of cleaning and house work regularly cause i feel great :) No nausea And my blood preasure is under control. Im going to find a body pillow if it kills me lol.

Do you want one where you can still use your own pillow under your head? If so then theres really only one thats good for that. I forget what its called.. im on my phone right now but when I get back to my computer, if you want then ill link it to you

Its the Leachco Preggle Comfort Air-Flow Body Pillow. I cant link it right now cuz im using a mobile amazon app, but its shaped like a candy cane. Read some of the reviews, I have a friend who has one and she says the 5star reviews are spot on.

Thanks for the pillow rec kaili!! And sorry that your symptoms are getting worse wishfulone. I felt complete rubbish around 12 weeks and really didn't start to feel "better" (less nauseous, more energy) around 14 weeks. I have been sleeping so poorly lately, waking up every couple of hours and not being able to fall back asleep because of OH's snoring. After work today I came home and slept for 3 hours!! Also I think I may have felt the beginnings of flutters!! I've felt something I never felt below quite low down, almost like a rumbling without the gas lol. Only lasts for a few seconds but I have my FX that its baby b saying hi! I am looking forward to the big kicks :)

I got mothercare pregnancy support body pillow.U can check mothercare website.First 2 days i hugged and slept.Felt a bit uncomfortable.Then started sleeping on that(almost like mattress)..now completely comfortable.

Got lavender oil too(supposed to give good sleep it seems).I just put some drops in a hand kerchief and put it inside the pillows pocket..I can feel the difference!!!!

Hey Girls..

Tomo is my targetted scan.Scared and excited..hope everything comes out well.

Will update the experience tomo...

Talking abt labour,my prenatal classes will begin soon.My Dr told me to start after 5th month completion...

take care

Wow i looked up that pillow on ebay (Leachco Preggle Comfort Air-Flow Body Pillow)
No way i would invest that much On a pillow lol Thats just me i guess
Bmama- Iv felt the baby move right under my Belly button to the side a bit, Feels like tumbling Like a twitch, its such a awesome feeling :)

YAY congrats to those who are feeling the baby move!! I havent felt mine move yet,still early. But I know it is a wiggly little worm as it will not sit still while trying to listen to the heartbeat!! That is fine by me, I think activity is a good sign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->