Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

I weigh myself daily (always have) and I am fluctuating between 131.5 and 133.8 this week. I am currently gaining about a half a pound a week now quite steadily, as my fluctuation seems to be slowly increasing. I always weigh more on days that I go to work because I drink a lot more water, whereas when I don't work, I am busy with other things and often forget to drink as much

Well ladies, I failed my glucose test! I have to go back in this Wednesday for the 3 hour test. They said my sugars were at 146 at the hour and that they'd like to see them under 130. They said that I can still be OK as long as I don't fail 2 of the blood draws on the next round. If I failed 2 or all 3, then I have to watch my diet. They draw my blood before I drink the stuff, then drink it, then they make me wait an hour, take my blood, make me wait another hour, take my blood, then make me wait a third hour, then take my blood. I have to fast and I can't drink anything else than that crap. I'm going to be miserable and throwing up all over their floor! When I did the 1 hr glucose test I had a hard time as I was starving! Now to add a couple more hours onto it! UGH!!! Why body why??!?!?!!?

I was told I don't have to do a glucose test?? Is that test a normal thing, or did you have issues with your last pregnancy?

oh no JJsmom!! FX that you pass your next test! Hopefully it was just a one time thing that your sugar was high.

The hospital my midwife is out of runs routine glucose tests on every pregnant woman. They also run a routine cervix check but she told me these tests are all newly recommended and you can obviously refuse them unless the dr deems it necessary. I figure I may as well be thorough since it is my first pregnancy and I wouldn't want to miss something that might hurt bubs!

I didn't have problems in my last pregnancy. This is new to me. But this pregnancy, I've had a hard time eating sweets unless I have a full tummy. They make me feel ill if I have an empty tummy like I have to have with the glucose test. Every pregnant woman I've ever known had to do the glucose test. I have heard that some offices are starting to go by certain statistics to decide on whether to give the test or not. I don't think that's the best idea as it can be missed and then the baby and the mom both can suffer if it isn't caught. I'm just going to watch my diet from here on out and not worry about the candy or what not. But every once in a while I do want my ice cream.

I didn't have problems in my last pregnancy. This is new to me. But this pregnancy, I've had a hard time eating sweets unless I have a full tummy. They make me feel ill if I have an empty tummy like I have to have with the glucose test. Every pregnant woman I've ever known had to do the glucose test. I have heard that some offices are starting to go by certain statistics to decide on whether to give the test or not. I don't think that's the best idea as it can be missed and then the baby and the mom both can suffer if it isn't caught. I'm just going to watch my diet from here on out and not worry about the candy or what not. But every once in a while I do want my ice cream.

hope the next test doesn't make you too sick!

Sorry to hear JJsmom. Good luck on Wednesday! I hope everything goes well :)

Thanks ladies! Guess I'll know the results by Friday!

How is everyone?

Doing good over here! I think baby is having a major growth spurt, I've been napping like I'm in the first tri and am so tired when i wake up in the morning. The plus side is I am feeling MUCH stronger movements and am growing closer to my little guy each day :)

I'm doing well, still am not sure if what I'm feeling is my lil man or gas hahaha, but he's definitely growing, as a few days ago it became noticeably difficult to get up from a reclined position.

Kaili, I bet it's your little one moving. That's how I felt a few weeks ago, I just wasn't sure. But, now I can definitely tell it's my baby moving around :)

Bmama, how far along were you when your hubby was able to feel your baby move too? My DH is just so excited to feel it, but I keep telling him I think it's still a little early.

Hmm a few weeks ago, maybe around 18-19 weeks, he swore he felt something when he had his hand on my belly! Now he can feel it too, but we can't physically see any movement from the outside yet, just gentle nudges that feel like big kicks from the inside! Maybe let him have his hand on your belly for a while before you go to bed, who knows maybe he will be able to feel it!!!

Thanks Bmama! We'll have to try that more often and hopefully he will be able to feel it soon. I feel the most movement during the day, but sometimes in the evening too. I'm hoping that means our LO will sleep at night and be awake during the day, LOL! Could I be so lucky?!?

Lol Amanda maybe you will get super lucky and have a day time active baby!! My little guy is most active late night so I hope this isn't a sign of what he'll be like outside the womb...although OH & I are both night owls so it wouldn't surprise me!

Who else has had a lot of cramping lately? Today I have felt very tired and have started to camping some cramping, mostly in my lower abdomen, where my uterus is. I havent bled and it is not completly unbearable, just quite uncomfortable. It reminds me of right before I used to get my period, so I am assuming it is just my stretching uterus. I have put my feet up now and took a Tylenol. Hopefully that will bring some relief.

Who else has had a lot of cramping lately? Today I have felt very tired and have started to camping some cramping, mostly in my lower abdomen, where my uterus is. I havent bled and it is not completly unbearable, just quite uncomfortable. It reminds me of right before I used to get my period, so I am assuming it is just my stretching uterus. I have put my feet up now and took a Tylenol. Hopefully that will bring some relief.

ive started cramping only in the past 3 days or so. The thing that has come along with it is the difficulty level for standing up has increased haha

I can feel my muscles constricting in my uterus when I stand up and get the impression im squishing my lil man, so I have to roll onto my side and prop myself with my arm when standing up from the couch recently, rather than just leaning forward

Oh I have been getting that too. when i stand up it gets tight and stretched. but i try to not sit too much either so that the muscles do stretch and arent relaxed all the time

I've been having a lot of cramping lately, but it feels like a muscle cramp and is typically below my bump. Like Kaili, when I get up from laying down I try and roll over instead of just getting up sit-up style per my usual. My OH says "you're really pregnant now!" when he catches me doing that! Also yesterday, I had such a cramp below my bump that I really needed to use the handle above my car door to get out!

Also today, I got noticed for looking pregnant! And the waitress guessed boy by the way my bump is! Now that's a first for me!

The cramping sounds like round ligament pain. I had this and still do from time to time when I roll over too fast in bed and I'm like AHHH!! and fall flat because it hurt. LOL! OH looks at me like I'm a nut when I do that because I literally stop turning and fall on the bed.

Today is my 3 hr glucose test! Praying I pass it!! I'm so hungry already and cant eat for another 4 hours! UGH! Hope you ladies have a great day!

GL JJsmom!! I hope you pass and have a fancy big meal waiting for you right after :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->