Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

Congrats JJsmom!!!! :happydance:

And big congrats on team :blue: wontgiveup! Love the name you picked out too it's lovely!!

Wishfulone, I know how you feel but I try and remember that so many woman have done it before me, and it's a natural process for our bodies to go through. I've been reading some positive birth affirmations (a quick google search will bring up lists) and this has helped me calm down ATM :)

JJSmom, gald your tests results came back ok.
Wontgiveup, congrats on your boy!

Today I almost broke down. I realized I am halfway to baby! while this is super exciting, it made me worry. When I first found out I was pregnant, I was excited and didnt think much about the labor as I knew it was so far off yet. but now today I realized how quickly time is going and that before I know it, the time will be here to have this baby. that freaked me out. I am so nervous about the pain and wanting to do well during labor for the baby. Anyone else feel this way? How do I calm down.

You will do great!! Do you plan on getting an epidural? I had an epidural with my DS and had naps and had a wonderful labor! It can be very scary and I will say it's natural to worry about it but it's also natural that your body will do what it's meant to. :) All that matters once you push and hear that cry....you forget everything you've just gone through. I'm telling you that from experience. I was induced due to high blood pressure, went in at 6am, they broke my water at 8:45am. At 8pm I still wasn't close to being 10cm and I wasn't moving. they turned the pitocin down and as soon as they did my body kicked in. The doc told me at around 9pm if I didn't make any more progress, they were going to take him. Well once they turned the pitocin down it took no time and my body was fully dilated and I was pushing! The doc did give me an episiotomy but it was to help my big boy come out and I didn't even feel it. My son was born at 10:22pm. The end result always makes you forget the pain you were in. :)

Thanks for the advice. I am so terrified of hospitals and the closest thing to pain/surgery I have experienced is wisdom tooth extraction under conscious sedation. There is so much unknown and I think that is what worries me

JJsmom, so glad you had good results!

Wishfulone, don't worry everything will be fine! I think we all feel that way about the labor and it's completely normal :) But, I figure it's only one day of pain and discomfort and when it's over we'll probably forget all about it.

ATM, I'm more worried about finding the time to get everything ready for baby, LOL! I know it will all come together in the end, but I wish we had a little more done than we do. Maybe I will talk to DH about putting the crib together. How is everyone else doing with getting ready for baby?

I know it will all come together in the end, but I wish we had a little more done than we do. Maybe I will talk to DH about putting the crib together. How is everyone else doing with getting ready for baby?

I just started my registry this weekend. My mom is coming on May 4th and we are going to go order the crib and dresser from Pottery Barn, and it should be delivered by June 1st. Gonna try to get the room painted before the furniture gets here (we find out officially that its a boy next Thursday, April 25th). Had a private scan at 15 weeks, but I won't believe it til my doc says it too LOL

The nursery is currently my husband's workout room, so we have to sell all his equipment first, that's going to be a pain. I'm quite excited about the nursery, we're replacing the carpet (debating hardwoods and a rug, or nicer carpets), painting the walls, I'm doing a 2/3 wall height chair rail with brown on the bottom and blueish green on top and a crown mould finish by the ceiling. Crib is espresso colored and we've got a glider coming next week, I think I'm most excited about the glider and will def sit in it BEFORE the baby comes as its SO comfy

In other news, ive become incontinent. Was naked and brushing my teeth the other night and had a seat on our cloth ottoman at the edge of our bed, sneezed, and peed myself, ruinied the ottoman, buying a LEATHER one now to avoid ruining it with my own incontinence issues AND baby incontinence when he gets here haha

Sounds like the nursery plans are going to be great! Can't wait to see pictures!

That's exciting everyone is making nursery plans for LO! Since we will be in our one bedroom condo until the end of the year, we will be sharing our room so there's not much for me to do outside of organizing and having my OH rearrange furniture. I'll be using an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper so won't be setting that up until a few weeks before baby is due. But I've already bought our little guy his own closet organizer and have gone a little crazy clothes shopping for him already, filling up the organizer :haha: Next we are going to buy a diaper changer that will fit and screw onto the top of an extra dresser we have for baby. We also need to get a new area rug for the living room so we can have somewhere to lounge during baby's tummy time, and I want to get my curtains dry cleaned before LO arrives since they have collected our lab's hair. My registry is complete, just adding things here and there, and anything we need that we don't get I'll pick up during that last month!

Kaili- have you started doing your kegels yet? I had that problem during bad morning sickness episodes, but once I started doing kegels I have been better able to, er, control the leaks. I still have to pee all the time though!

Kaili- have you started doing your kegels yet? I had that problem during bad morning sickness episodes, but once I started doing kegels I have been better able to, er, control the leaks. I still have to pee all the time though!

Kegels wear me out HAHA I haven't started yet

Make sure to get those kegels in ladies!!! They help you more than you realize!! I don't do mine as much as I should but I do work on them some. I was sitting on my bed and sneezed and jumped up as quick as I could as I peed myself! Thankfully it didn't get on the bed as quick as I jumped! LOL! Had to change my clothes though!

Last night I missed OH so much! He signed up for the Marines so he did his testing yesterday and then he had to stay at a hotel so they can watch the recruits and make sure they were up at like 4am this morning for their physicals. I tossed and turned all night without him! Yes i toss and turn a lot anyways but it was because I didn't have him snuggled up to me last night. :( I can't wait til I get home from work so I can see him again!! I miss him so much! We have 39 more days until we are married!! EKKKK!!! I'm so excited!!!! :happydance:

Thanks for the support, ladies. We have a crib and dresser purchased and set up. We have also bought a few clothing items and some odds and ends. We plan to cloth diaper, so I have purchased a few of those here and there as well. It is exciting to see things coming together and it helps make it feel more 'real.'

Make sure to get those kegels in ladies!!! They help you more than you realize!! I don't do mine as much as I should but I do work on them some. I was sitting on my bed and sneezed and jumped up as quick as I could as I peed myself! Thankfully it didn't get on the bed as quick as I jumped! LOL! Had to change my clothes though!

Last night I missed OH so much! He signed up for the Marines so he did his testing yesterday and then he had to stay at a hotel so they can watch the recruits and make sure they were up at like 4am this morning for their physicals. I tossed and turned all night without him! Yes i toss and turn a lot anyways but it was because I didn't have him snuggled up to me last night. :( I can't wait til I get home from work so I can see him again!! I miss him so much! We have 39 more days until we are married!! EKKKK!!! I'm so excited!!!! :happydance:

aww I would miss my OH if he wasn't next to me each night to snuggle with too! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! How exciting only 39 more days!!!!! Are you planning on traveling anywhere after, or will you wait until after your LO is born?

Wishful one, you seem to be getting there!! OH's mom said she's purchasing the crib but she's not buying it until June. Hope this LO stays put until then!!

Bmama, I'm so excited it's coming up!! I really can't wait! We are going somewhere after the wedding but no idea where?? OH finally booked a place as I told him I wanted it to be a surprise and I wanted it on the ocean. He found a place finally and booked it but it's about 5 mins from the ocean. I was ok with that when he told me it was half the cost of the other place and they didn't need their money right up front! We couldn't afford $1400 right now for the hotel room! We have to make sure we make enough for our wedding! LOL! Then we start super shopping for baby! HAHA! But we'll have a lot of fun on vacation. My mom is taking my son for a month and a half after the wedding and he'll come back about 2 weeks after Coltyn is born. My doc said to make sure I take my file with me so in case anything happens while we're on vacation, they'll have my file and can help me. It's going to be great!!! I've only had one big vacation and that was filled with family and doing everything they wanted to do when they wanted to do it. This will be our first vacation as just us! I can't wait!!!!

Sounds very exciting JJsmom! I don't know if I could handle a suprise destination, LOL! I'm the vacation planner and hubby just goes along with it, haha! But, as long as there's a beach, you can't go wrong :)

We leave in 2 weeks for my brother in law's wedding in Alabama. I'm really looking forward to the 3 days we are spending at the beach afterwards! We are flying down there, but now we have to drive home because my hubby bought a truck down there while he was there for the bachelor party. To split up the 17 hr drive, we are staying in Nashville for a night. We've never been there, but always wanted to go, so I'm excited about the change in plans. Plus, I told him it will give up lots of time to talk about the baby, LOL!

BTW, I saw my belly move for the first time yesterday!!! It was so cool! Hubby wasn't home and still hasn't felt it, but hopefully soon. :) Baby doesn't move as much in the evenings when he's around, he gets a little disappointed I think.

how exicting to see the baby move from the outside. My little one has been moving a lot lately and sometimes if I press, I can feel movements. But, my OH also has not been able to experience the movement and I feel guilty that I cant share this with him!

It is so amazing to see n feel your baby move. I ve experienced it once last week that my belly was moving like pluse feeling but hubby cant feel it even i am feeling it clearly. Looking forward to feel it more clearly :)

It's so exciting! I get very distracted at work when Baby is moving like crazy :)

Have you ladies starting wearing your maternity clothes yet and if you did when did you start? I haven't because I feel like I'm not big enough yet, but I feel like I should to get more use out of them. Plus, most of what I bought is for warmer weather and here in Wisconsin, it's still pretty chilly in the 40s. But, I've been trying to decide what I need to pack for our vacation. It's hard because I feel like I am in between my regular clothes and maternity clothes. I think I'm going to have a hard time packing for this trip :)

It's so exciting! I get very distracted at work when Baby is moving like crazy :)

Have you ladies starting wearing your maternity clothes yet and if you did when did you start? I haven't because I feel like I'm not big enough yet, but I feel like I should to get more use out of them. Plus, most of what I bought is for warmer weather and here in Wisconsin, it's still pretty chilly in the 40s. But, I've been trying to decide what I need to pack for our vacation. It's hard because I feel like I am in between my regular clothes and maternity clothes. I think I'm going to have a hard time packing for this trip :)

I started wearing mine about 6 weeks ago, I was only 117lbs to begin with, so I've already gained 20lbs and it is all in my stomach/uterus region. Can't even close my regular pre-pregnancy jeans with a rubber-band haha

is anyone else having a fair amount of pain? I am noticing some lower abdominal pain that is worse when standing. I also have pressure in my vagina. It started yesterday.

I went to the doctor today and they did blood and urine and the baby seems okay. They opted to not do an internal examination, which I was surprised by.
Can I chalk this up to stretching and growing pains?

Really not sure wishfulone! I know I was getting sharp pains and it was round ligament pain. I am now having pressure when i go pee in my vagina but not all the time and I figure it's just Coltyn laying his head in my uterus and trying to stretch out some.

I get my pains mostly at night and in the middle of the night, and they feel like muscle ache pains (not period type pains). My midwife advised me that if I feel period type pains those are similar to what a contraction will feel like, and to give her a call. I would say if you are concerned ring your dr to chat, but it sounds like it is just growing pains.

I started wearing maternity clothes around 14 weeks, and my spring skinny maternity jeans I bought are already SNUG on me. I need summer to hurry up and get here so I can start wearing dresses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->