Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

JJsmom, you look great. We all grow in different ways and the most important that is that your little one is healthy in there!
I notice my lo is most active right around noon, at which time I am at work and so hubs cant come try to feel movement. With time it will happen I am sure.
I feel not too bad. I am start to get achey from having to sleep in different positions than I am used to. using the pillow for my body helps. I am also experiencing a far amount of pain from stretching and growing this week but I am reminding myself this is so lo has room to grow also!
Hope everyone is progressing and doing well!

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow, can't believe we're halfway already :) I've been so anxious since about a week ago, I really can't wait to see him again!

I had my ultrasound last night and it was so awesome to see our baby!! As far as we know everything looked good and baby is healthy. :) A tech does the scan and then the Dr looks at all the images later on. Our LO was very active and gave the tech a test of her skills, LOL!
picture2.jpg
picture3.jpg

JJsmom, I love your bump pic. Don't pay attention to what some people say. I think they don't always realize how it sounds. Last night my MIL asked me how much I've gained and I told her 11 lbs. Her response was "WOW!", when half the time she's going on and on about how I need to make sure I'm eating enough for the baby. I don't see her very often, so she has no idea what I eat!

Wishfulone, my LO is the same way, very active during the day and not so much in the evening/night. We just got lucky the other night, so I woke my hubby up. Hopefully next time he'll be able to feel it when he's not half asleep :)

Thanks for the advice Kaili! The body pillow I have does help at night, and I just need to make sure I use it between my feet too! The pain is a lot better but still there, so I'm going to keep doing the stretching exercises and rest when I can.

JJsmom- you look fabulous!!! I agree to what the others have said, don't listen to ppl who tell you that your bump is too big/whatever because all that matters is that you & your LO are healthy! Also congrats on 30 weeks that seems to have just come up out of nowhere! When is your due date again?

Wishfulone- I am also having a fair amount of growing pains this week, but like you said I just try and remember that our bodies are making room for our little guys to grow into! I bet your hubby will feel baby move soon, especially as we get bigger and there are less and less places for baby to hide :haha: My LO moves so much when my OH isn't around, even though he felt baby already he doesn't feel our LO regularly and I feel bad because I'm always telling him how much our guy moves.

Amanda- your can pics are great!!! So clear and your LO is such a cutie! Did you find out the sex or are you staying team yellow?

My LO now starts to wake me up around 5am by moving a ton, and I like to think he's telling me he needs food lol because I can't fall back asleep unless I have some milk or OJ or a piece of fruit. But now it's starting to be like clockwork, when I notice it's time to eat my LO moves and moves and then after the meal, he sleeps (just like his daddy!) :haha:

Thanks Bmama! No we didn't fin out, we are sticking with team yellow :) I love that your little guy lets you know when it's time to eat, LOL!

So glad everyone is feeling their LO's move around!!! Your OH's/DH's will feel them soon!! Mine was more active during the day but has seemed to become very active in the evening. It's funny to watch your belly move all over the place!!

Bmama, it's great you are already so attentive to your LO! Mine is more active after he eats!! It's funny how yours is active before he eats then falls asleep.

Amanda, thanks for showing the pics!! I love seeing ultrasound pics!

Wishfulone, definitely using the pillow should hopefully help your hips!! I have a hard time sleeping at night too now. First trimester I had severe insomnia. I think it's starting to come back now. I was awake almost the entire night! I need sleep now but it wouldn't be a good thing as my DS1 would NEVER go to sleep until OH gets home which would be 11pm!! LOL!

Had my 30 week appt today! I have lost 4 lbs! So that means so far a total gain during this pregnancy of 3 lbs!! Doc said my weight was looking great and I told her I started walking and trying to eat better due to my 1 hr glucose test coming back as a fail. Passed my 3 hr but they said there is still a chance to have a bigger baby. They are now going to do growth scans at 32 and 36 weeks so we get to see Coltyn again!! YAY!!!! Also from next appt on, I have to have a non stress test. That's due to having high blood pressure from DS1. They also told me I am measuring 1-2 weeks ahead. But heartbeat sounded great!

Had my 20wk scan yesterday. All healthy little boy, my main squeeze DYLAN!!

Yay Kaili!! Glad you got to see your wonderful little man!! Love the name Dylan!!

How is everyone else doing??

I bought a cute pack n play from "Once upon a child" yesterday! It's was 1/4th the price it normally is and was in great shape! It's missing 2 bars if I want to use the bassinet portion but I can order those as replacement parts and shouldn't cost very much. That's if I want to use it as a bassinet. but it has a zipper on one side of it and and below the bassinet portion is a huge storage area!!! The girls at work threw me and a pregnant coworker a baby shower on Friday!! It was so sweet!! I have so much stuff now!! It was a laundry basket full of all sorts of items!! So I'm getting my room organized yesterday and today so I can get it put up and all the stuff in the clothes basket put up in the storage area of the pack n play! I'm so excited that I'm getting so close!!!

Congrats Kaili! Love the name Dylan :)

That's great JJsmom, I love finding good deals! So exciting to be getting the nursery all organized!

Congrats girls im 23 weeks and 4 days today :) heres a bump pic. "I am all Baby"
Owen Loves Music he Moves the most when its on lol I feel him about the same time every day of the evening, but the past two days i feel him more throughout the day.

Attachments

• 23 wks.jpg
    23 wks.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 0
LOL i put them together on Pizap.com

Attachments

• pizap.com10.0763756469823421367338606143.jpg
    pizap.com10.0763756469823421367338606143.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2
Wow, Wontgiveup, what a lovely bump! I can't wait for my bump to grow!

Here I am at 24 weeks:

https://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww349/rockess01/ad294be0-31ad-4295-8877-8b6e6bd33fde.jpg

wontgiveup- you look so adorable!!! Love your baby bump!!!

Kaili- congrats on your scan! :happydance:

JJsmom- you are getting so close! Happy 30 weeks to you and your LO! That's exciting you found a deal on the pack and play and are starting to get super organized!

I've been having days where I am SUPER tired- no matter how much I sleep at night I am still exhausted when I wake up! Then I have others days like today where I only get 7 hours of sleep and I feel great :shrug: Must be due to baby growth spurts? For the first time a complete stranger acknowledged my pregnancy by asking my friend Rose, "is your friend pregnant? So cute!" It made me so happy that strangers can tell that I'm not just rocking a big tummy lol!

Wow, Wontgiveup, what a lovely bump! I can't wait for my bump to grow!

Here I am at 24 weeks:

https://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww349/rockess01/ad294be0-31ad-4295-8877-8b6e6bd33fde.jpg

awwww lovely Loubyroo!!! Your bump is coming in so nice! I bet it will really grow in the next few weeks too!

Wontgiveup, you definitely are all baby!! Love your bump!!

Loubyroo, you will "pop" more very soon!!! It depends on how baby is laying as to how big your bump is at times. I've seen some that take pics and 3 weeks later they are smaller than they were before because the baby was transverse at the time. Your probably have a snuggler ;) I feel like I'm bigger now with this one than I did when I was pregnant with DS1. I know it's been about 10 years but I really feel massive! One of my coworkers today told me she thought it looked like I had dropped some. I said I sure hope not because I had DS1 4 weeks after I dropped (but I was induced). I have too much coming up in the next 5 weeks to have dropped yet! LOL! I have my cousin's wedding this weekend, my wedding on the 25th, and then our honeymoon! So we have a busy 4 weeks ahead of us! LOL! Coltyn needs to stay put for a while longer!! :) But a week from tomorrow we get another ultrasound!! YAY!!

It took less than 2 weeks for me to pop out like i did at the 23 week mark. Iv only gained 8 pounds :) Loubyroo cute bump! jjsmom is right you'll pop out really soon.

So ladies if there are any Pregnant with #2 could i ask you some questions about labor?
How far should my contractions be apart before i leave for the hospital?
(cause i would hate to get there just to turn me around to go home)
Epidural When should i get it.. should i wait it out till im like 5 cm?
(I'd hate to take it too soon and then be in lots of pain during the delivery)
This is a big one
What should i pack in my hospital bag, every thing to what kind of pads i'll need for after the delivery?
If any other ladies can think of a question please share!!

31 weeks today!!! YAY!!! Here's my massive bump!! I'm so much bigger than last week!!!! My pic last week looked the same as my bump from 2 weeks before that! He's much larger now! LOL!

Wontgiveup, I can't answer all your questions. I was induced with DS1. So I had to go to the hospital at 6am to start me on a pitocin drip. Then they came in around 9am to break my water. I was 2 cm I think when I got my epidural. We had problems after that because the epidural can slow progress down. They turned up the pitocin drip and kept upping it. They finally turned it off when the doc threatened to do a c section as I wasn't progressing past 4cm. At that point, it took me less than an hour to progress to 8cm and shortly there after 10cm. Doc told me just before 9pm if I didn't have him by 10pm he was taking him. I think he just wanted to go home which ticked me off. But as soon as they turned the pitocin down and allowed my body to do it's own work, I progressed quickly. I still couldn't walk after I had given birth due to the epidural. They leave the medicine going in until time I guess! I know I didn't feel too much pain but felt the pressure and that's when I pushed. I have been watching a lot of "One Born Every Minute" which is out of the UK. I love that show!!! It's on youtube if you want to see an episode. But that shows basically that women tend to progress quickly once to a certain point. Maybe check with your hospital you will be going to and ask them about when you should go in. I'm scared of my water breaking this time and not knowing when to go in!! LOL!

As far as what to pack, it's been so long I've forgotten. I do know you want a robe and some big night gowns. If you have to have a c section, the large night gown will be nice and comfy for you to not feel too cooped up in when sleeping. You'll also want them for when you're walking around the maternity ward. You don't want to wear their backless gowns while trying to do what you need to do in order to leave. I had some of the most hideous gowns my mom got me when I had DS1 over 9 years ago, but they sure were comfy and definitely easy to move around when trying to breastfeed. Also as far as the pads go, I asked the hospital for an extra set (which they charged to my insurance) because they were massively thick and I didn't bleed straight through them! You want long and really thick pads! Also don't take any fancy undies you don't want to get blood on. You bleed worse than a period afterwards. Mine was probably twice or three times as bad as my normal periods.

Make sure you have your essentials of shampoo, conditioner, soap, scrubbie (if you use one), ipod/music, books, crosswords, computer, electronics (I'll have my kindle), chargers. Basically stuff to keep you busy if you are there for a long period of time. Bring multiple changes of clothes in case you are there for an extended stay. Snacks for your DH/OH and you if you're there for a while. POPSICLES!!! LOL! They were a lifesaver for me. I couldn't eat since midnight the night before so I was starving! My mom brought a box of popsicles in and the nurses put them in their freezer and we could have them whenever we wanted them.

Hope this helps a bit. I still need to google what I need to put in a hospital bag so I can make one.

Attachments

• image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79