Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

thanks! I did see a doctor earlier today,b ut they did not find anything wrong, although they never did any pelvic exams or cervical examinations. Just blood/urine/temp, etc.
Sometimes itll go away for an hour,but it always comes back.

Labor is a big worry and stresser of mine to. Can someone explain what kegels are and how to do them?
So we decided on the playard its a playpen, bassinet, diaper changing area to.. Were going to use the bassinet for the first couple of months in are bedroom before we put owen in a crib in his own nursery.. The nursery is almost done it looks great :)
Instead of investing in a bassinet that we would just use for a little while we decided to get the playard so we can use the playpen latter on..

Kegels help your pelvic floor muscles remain strong to improve incontinence and to help with a lot of things during pregnancy. You can google it to give you the most precise description. What I read was that when you go pee, just one time stop yourself in mid stream. those are the muscles you need to work and that's how you work them but don't do it while going pee except that one time. You are supposed to squeeze them and hold them for so many seconds then let them out and do it over and over again to help strengthen those muscles.

I am still not quite in maternity wear yet at 23 weeks but it won't be long, I can only fit in certain pre pregnancy clothes now.

I hate kegels! Do them when I remember as I know they are important just really don't like them.

Wishfulone, hope you feel better soon! I would just keep in contact with your Dr and let them know how you are doing over the next few days. But, if they aren't concerned anything is wrong, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure it's just growing and stretching pains. Sorry if TMI, but are you having any issues with constipation? I've had some issues on and off and the pain can be unbearable at times.

Thanks ladies, I think I'm going to pack some of my maternity clothes and lots of dresses :) It's snowing again today!!! AHHH, I'm so sick of it. Can't wait for warm weather in a few weeks!

My ticker says at 20 weeks baby is the size of a cantaloupe, but on thebump website it says banana?? Since, my ticker is from thebump website, it's always been the same. Not a big deal, just thought it was weird. Next weekend, we are taking my monthly bump pics and we always take one with the corresponding fruit/veggie :)

Hahaha "how to do kegels and what are they". Basically, it is flexing your region around your vagina?. My mom told me its the muscles you use to hold your pee in when you have to go. You can test to figure it out 2 ways: stop your pee mid stream and take notice of the muscles used. Alternatively, next time you have to poop really badly, take notice of the muscles you are constricting to hold it in before you get to the toilet. You basically can do two routines. Flex and hold for 5-10 seconds, or you can do repeat quick flex and releases really quickly.

I personally havent started doing kegels yer because I am lazy and for me they are worse than sit ups haha

I think the size of the fruit is more indicative of the weight of your baby, not so much the volume. Cantaloupes are larger on the outside, but pretty light as they have hollow middles. they weigh similar amounts I think. And it must bve comparinga large banana to a small cantaloupe, lol

Wishfulone i hope u r feeling better now n i think its nothing to worry about coz i also feel pressure when i stand for long time n its normal. Yesterday baby was moving like crazy all day n i was so restless too.
I did not start wearing any maternity clothes but my all dresses are tighter than before. And i am going for a scan this week too but m not going to find out abt gender coz my hubby want to leave it as a surprise but i would b dificult for us to buy stuff n clothes for baby..

Wishfulone i hope u r feeling better now n i think its nothing to worry about coz i also feel pressure when i stand for long time n its normal. Yesterday baby was moving like crazy all day n i was so restless too.
I did not start wearing any maternity clothes but my all dresses are tighter than before. And i am going for a scan this week too but m not going to find out abt gender coz my hubby want to leave it as a surprise but i would b dificult for us to buy stuff n clothes for baby..

miriam we are close together in gestation, i have my scan this coming thursday. i originally said we wouldn't find out the gender but we agreed recently that knowing is best for us because we want to customize the nursery a little more.

good luck with your scan, hope everything goes well!

Yap kaili i really wants to know the gender coz i want to shop every thing according to gender but i am respecting my hubby's wish :) gud luck for your scan dear. :))

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! It's going to be an exciting week, so many scans!! I have my ultrasound tomorrow after work. We decided not to find out the gender, but are really excited to see our baby and hope he/she is growing & healthy!

My hubby felt baby move last night for the first time, he was so excited!

yay. So excited for you to see your baby. It was such a weight off my shoulderst know that baby is developing as nrmal.
The baby moves a LOT lately, which is exciting for me. However, hubby still has not been able to feel anything from the outside. Hopefully before long he will be able to partake in the fun!

Yay so many scans this week! I can't wait to read everyone's updates!! Seems like everyone is feeling lots of movement too, super exciting :happydance:

My only update is that I've had horrible left hip pain since yesterday, I think it's from being in the car too long but not 100% sure as it hasn't gotten any better today, in fact it's gotten worse. It hurts in my groin area and extends to the outside of my hip, making it painful to get up and walk around. I took it easy today because I have a busy day at work tomorrow, but I am just hoping this goes away on its own! Anyone else having this type of pain and have any suggestions other than stretching exercises and tylenol?

Good luck to all you having scans this week!!!!

can't help with the hip pain. not sure what would work! I'd call your doctor/midwife.

Yay so many scans this week! I can't wait to read everyone's updates!! Seems like everyone is feeling lots of movement too, super exciting :happydance:

My only update is that I've had horrible left hip pain since yesterday, I think it's from being in the car too long but not 100% sure as it hasn't gotten any better today, in fact it's gotten worse. It hurts in my groin area and extends to the outside of my hip, making it painful to get up and walk around. I took it easy today because I have a busy day at work tomorrow, but I am just hoping this goes away on its own! Anyone else having this type of pain and have any suggestions other than stretching exercises and tylenol?

i've actually had something similar, mine started this weekend, but it caused shooting pains down my leg and into my calf and top of my foot (and mine was right sided, not left) so I am pretty sure it was my nerve getting pinched... yours sounds like (i dont know what its called) that issue where your hips are expanding to make room for the growing baby, I'm on the september sweetpeas forum on this site also, and over there a LOT of women are complaining about that right now

also (went back and looked at some of those posts) a lot of girls on my other threads have said that a full length thick body pillow while asleep helps with that, reason is because when you cross your ankles and don't spread your knees, the hip can sometimes pop out of joint while it is stretching to make room for baby (this is coming from doctors)... so maybe try a body pillow that goes between your knees AND your feet so that your hip isn't at an angle when you are sleeping

yay. So excited for you to see your baby. It was such a weight off my shoulderst know that baby is developing as nrmal.
The baby moves a LOT lately, which is exciting for me. However, hubby still has not been able to feel anything from the outside. Hopefully before long he will be able to partake in the fun!

I'm sure your hubby will be able to feel it real soon. Try drinking orange juice or eating something really sweet. It gets the baby moving :) Our baby moves a lot during the day, so it was hard to time it out right. Sunday night I had orange juice and cheescake and baby was moving like crazy!

Yes, something sweet will definitely get the baby moving!!

Here is my 30 week bump!

Attachments

• 30 weeks.jpg
    30 weeks.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1
Thanks! It makes me feel like an elephant at times. Especially when people make comments about how big it is. Yesterday I was told I'm going to be MUCH bigger than a co-worker that is 38 weeks pregnant because I'm bigger than she was at 30 weeks. I'm like...maybe! But my son was 8lbs 6.2oz at birth. Her daughter was 5lbs something. That's a huge difference between our first babies so she is liable to have another small baby and I'm most likely going to have another bigun!! She's also gained 40 something pounds. I have my 30 week appt today, but as of my scale at home, I'm up only 7 lbs from prepregnancy weight! Wish I could see our little man again on an ultra sound!! Gosh, everything is coming up so fast! 4 weeks until my wedding and 10 weeks until Coltyn is born! Ekkk!!! how are you ladies feeling??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->