Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

What should i pack in my hospital bag, every thing to what kind of pads i'll need for after the delivery?
If any other ladies can think of a question please share!!

Check the video that always plays at the bottom of the control panel when you look at this site on a computer. Its a lady tellingyou the essentials to pack for the hospital ^_^

Where is everyone? Anyways am i the only one who feels like she is having a emotional breakdown!

I just got back from my cousin's wedding from over the weekend. was a nice mini vacation! :)

No you are not the only one feeling like they are having an emotional breakdown! I feel like it constantly now! My anxiety is so high right now I feel like i'm going to end up snapping on someone. Don't know why other than hormones. Everyone blames it on how much stuff I have going on. But it has nothing to do with that!! It's only hormones!

I dont feel awful as far as hormones go. I am pretty rational yet. However, I find myself upset that my upset that by DH is not doing more to help me out around the house. Example: if i am busy cleaning dishes and he isj ust watching TV. I asked him to help but he does not want to and says if I dont want to do it just leave it until tomorrow. I wish he would just get up and help me so it would be done. :-/ ugh

I am kind of the same in terms of emotions, if anything I am actually LESS emotional than I used to be before I was pregnant. I used to go on serious rages when I was PMSing (like I could feel it happening in my brain and couldn't stop it)... that's how I always knew AF was 2 days away because I was REALLY irregular, like 4-6 week variant... I'd get the mood swing from hell and then BAM 2 days later she'd arrive. Now I don't have those swings at all and I feel I've been a happier person since pregnant. My husband and I used to fight and bicker every month and now, we had a slight argument the other day, but it was warranted, other than that, we haven't had a single fight since Christmas. I DID cry one day because I felt like we weren't having enough sex, and I also cried when I hit 140.00 lbs in weight 2 days ago, but it was really just a few tears, not like a full blown ordeal. I've always been under 120 and not to sound conceited or anything, but I've always been super attracted to my own body, and despite the fact that I love the way my body looks pregnant, the scale thing rubbed me the wrong way for a few minutes. But got over it quickly

The scale is a difficult one for me too. No matter how many times we tell ourselves that the weight is good for the baby and we should expect to gain weight, it is hard to see it happening on a regular basis. I was always small too and now I am at 144 (5 ft 5in) I know I am still not huge by any means,b ut you're right. You do get used to being a certain size and then WHAM! Pregnancy weights hits ya!

hello ladies. seems every one is doing good n feeling every bit of pregnancy...
i am finally back after spending 3 long months with my in-laws back home :)
i had my scan yesterday which was great i did not find out the gender but the baby was fine n healthy. i also met my mid wife who told me my blood results which i had done months ago n it was great too so i am feeling so relax after knowing that every thing is fine.

miriam, glad you are back home and had a great appt!!

I had my appt today for 32 weeks. They did an ultrasound to measure growth and a NST (non stress test). Sat there for 20 mins listening to Coltyns heartbeat and pushing a button every time I felt movement. Mind you, at that point I was ready to go to sleep! LOL! It was very soothing listening to his heartbeat. Coltyn is measuring normal and passed the NST. They said he's 4 lbs now according to the ultrasound measurements. My only thing now is that I thought I would start going in every two weeks as that's what they said 2 weeks ago, but now, it's every week. I have to have an ultrasound and a NST done every week. It makes me worried since they told me before every two weeks but now it's every week. I feel like they saw something to be cautious of and they aren't telling me. I sure hope that isn't the case!!! So I go back again next Thursday. I'm just really hoping everything will be fine! Although he's going to be an awful big baby! LOL! I have always heard they gain 1 lb every week in the last 4 weeks. I read somewhere else this pregnancy that they gain 1/2 lb every week from 32 weeks on, that's still 4 more lbs! DS1 weighed 8 lbs 6.2oz when he was born a week early. I have big babies! LOL!

dont worry JJsmom everything ll b fine for u n if they want u to come every week so it is good for u and your baby coz they are giving u extra care n hopefully u ll have a healthy baby this time too :)

Thanks! I have started noticing swelling in my ankles. :( I guess I'll have to let her know that next week! Not sure why but I guess I'll be drinking nothing but water from now on as I don't know why I'm swelling so bad. My face has been swollen every day when I wake up but eventually goes down. I hope it's ok! It's been far too long since I've been pregnant to remember anything! LOL!

Thanks! I have started noticing swelling in my ankles. :( I guess I'll have to let her know that next week! Not sure why but I guess I'll be drinking nothing but water from now on as I don't know why I'm swelling so bad. My face has been swollen every day when I wake up but eventually goes down. I hope it's ok! It's been far too long since I've been pregnant to remember anything! LOL!

how much salt are you eating? i ate a bag of popcorn when I went to see Iron Man 3 this weekend and I woke up the next day swollen like a balloon.

Nothing as salty as that. I think it was the heat that caused it. It's been cooler and I slept with my feet on a pillow and then my body pillow on top of it at my feet so they were elevated and they've been fine since. I just think it had to be the heat. I even had pizza last night which is generally pretty salty and woke up with no swelling. I'm trying to make sure I drink even more water as well. But now it seems like all I want is a huge glass of milk with a tiny tiny bit of chocolate in it. Can't have much chocolate, it can only be slightly discolored from the white. LOL! Yes, I'm that picky about it right now!

Good luck with the swelling. I have some intermittent swelling in my feet also now, depending on how much standing I do and what I eat, of course. Celery, apples help filter extra water too and can help with swelling. Foods with potassium also help, like bananas. Keep your feet on a pillow at night like you did, just with nothing on them that would heat them up :)

Hi Ladies!
We got back from my brother in law's wedding and beach vacation in Alabama a few days ago. It's been crazy trying to get back into our routine! But, we had a great time with lots of lounging and relaxing!
It sounds like everyone is doing well minus a few wonderful pregnancy symptoms :)
AFM, had another OB appt last night and baby is doing great! So far I've gained 14 pounds and I agree with you ladies, it is hard to watch the scale continue to climb! But, pre-pregnancy I was 108 at 5'4", so I think I'm doing ok so far :)
I also found out that a lot of insurance companies will pay for a breast pump (it's new this year). You just need a prescription from your dr. Just thought I'd share, if it helps any of you!

Thanks wishfulone for the tips! I can't have anything on me anyways when I sleep other than a sheet. OH has the comforter all to himself and I lay with my fan on high pointing straight at me so it doesn't hit OH. LOL! I'm always hot anyways but of course now it's even worse! OMG! I noticed when I stood up yesterday and went to the restroom that I had sweat rings under my breasts!!! I was like OMG!!! People can see them if I can in the mirror!!!!!! I don't want people to see that I'm sweating under my breasts like that!!! I have to keep pulling my shirt out from under my breasts because it seems to keep riding up lol!

hahaha. My boobs are so big that I have to LIFT Them off my tummy when I take a bath so I can clean them. Talk about different!!

I have heard about the breast pump thing! That definitely helps! All the bills/equipment/etc add up fast!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! We spent the weekend in Door County, which is the thumb part of WI :) It's so beautiful! I was a little sad not to be able to do wine tasting at all the wineries, but luckily the couple we went with is my friend who is due the day before me, so I wasn't pregnant alone. I'm so happy the weather is finally getting nicer here and am looking forward to doing lots of landscaping Memorial Day weekend. I have to keep reminding myself not to overdue it!

Can't believe I'm nearly 24 weeks already! My current V-day is this wednesday!!

I know Kaili! Time is flying by :) Not sure if this is a dumb question, but what is V-day? I've heard it on here before and wasn't sure.

I know Kaili! Time is flying by :) Not sure if this is a dumb question, but what is V-day? I've heard it on here before and wasn't sure.

Viability day :) When you hit 24 weeks your little one can survive with help in the outside world. In most hospitals, 24 weeks is the cutoff point where doctors will use extreme medical intervention to save the life a preemie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->