Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

Amanda i think u r right my mum was saying the same thing but i did not have any thing before i went to bed just had watermelon in evening n that could b the reason. thanx God i am feeling fine now but i m no gonna eat watermelon again lolz

Kaili yeah it seems like u had it bcoz of cold milk so don't take it right before bed or try it a lil warm. hopefully u ll b alrite next time :)

Yeah, sometimes it can be something you ate the day before even. I'm so glad you're feeling better! I've had mild & severe cases of it and it sucks no matter what!!

Question for anyone: Do you have a higher chance of getting gestational diabetes if you've been eating more sugar throughout pregancy? Or is something that you just get and can't do anything about?

Question for anyone: Do you have a higher chance of getting gestational diabetes if you've been eating more sugar throughout pregancy? Or is something that you just get and can't do anything about?

Good question. My little girl has turned me into a real sugar fiend! I generally preferred savoury before becoming pregnant. I am trying my best to not OD on sugar but it's sooo hard!

I don't believe it's something that you can get just from eating more sugar. I haven't been eating any this time as it makes me sick. Well, turns out that my 1 hr test I failed, but thankfully passed my 3 hr test. It's something that happens with your body when you're pregnant some times. Your body just doesn't process sugar like it is supposed to. Hopefully everything comes back normal with your tests!

I've not been offered a test, is it something they only do in the UK if your urine shows high glucose?

If they dont think you've got a chance of getting it, they wont do a test. It's where they draw your blood to test the sugars in it. I have diabetes in my family so they tested me for it, plus I'm over weight which can cause it too.

Interesting, my hospital does it standard regardless of whether you have a family history or not of diabetes. It's frustrating because my hospital/midwife team only calls with results if they are bad, they go by the "no news is good news" practice so I'm assuming I passed! If not my next appointment is Wednesday so I'm sure she'll talk to me bout it. I've been enjoying my fair share of root beer floats since taking the test so I sure hope I passed!

Bmama, I'm sure they would have called you if you did have any problems. They called me 2 days after I took mine to tell me I failed and had to go back in ASAP to do the 3 hr.

How is everyone doing? I'm just waiting until Wednesday to see if I've dilated any. At my 36 week appt, I was measuring 37.5 weeks. So we'll see!! Here is my 35 and 36 week photos!! HUGE difference in my opinion!! It's the same tank top just different color! (When my boss told me I could wear tank tops and they were on sale for $5 a piece I took advantage and bought multiple colors!!) You can see DH photobombing my pic!! LOL!

Attachments

• image (9).jpg
    image (9).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image (10).jpg
    image (10).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the input ladies! My hospital does the glucose test standard, too. Mine is next week. Really hoping I pass, I would be so sad to have to watch my diet and stay away from sweets :(

Bella, I agree that your test was fine if you didn't hear anything. Yay!

JJsmom, love the pics! Wow, what a difference a week can make!

GL on your test Amanda!!

JJsmom you really have popped and look so adorable in your pics!! :) I went shopping today because I needed more tank tops and they were on sale 3 for $20 so I bought one in each color too! The lady who worked there remembered me from months back and said "wow your tummy had gotten so big!" It's funny because I know My stomach has popped more but my maternity shirt size is still the same. She also said wow you are all bump it must be a boy! Not going to lie she kind of made my day ;)

Good luck on your test Amanda!!

I know what it's like to have to watch your sweets and it's not fun!! I'm not "watching" my sweets, but my stomach doesn't handle them very well this pregnancy! So I really just don't want them anymore which sucks because I really do want them but can't eat them. LOL!

Bmama, glad she made your day!! I'm all bump too! It's nice when you hear nice compliments about you during pregnancy while others make rude ones. Try not to let the rude ones upset you, just remember the positive ones! I constantly get told how big I am now and it makes me feel like a cow but DH helps me remember how beautiful I am. He will see me looking in the mirror and he'll make those comments without me even saying anything just to give me a boost.

Aw your OH sounds amazing :) mine should pick up some hints from him! Don't get me wrong he is wonderful with taking care of me and cooking when I'm exhausted, and he does tell me I look pretty but I just need constant reassurance these days!!! And it doesn't help that we don't DTD nearly as much as we use to.

It is so bad with us DTD too!! I feel bad for DH but I try to give it to him once a week! It's sad we DTD more during our honeymoon than we did within the month leading up to it or even since!! It's just hard for me and hurts real bad. So I do try!! I just tell him to make sure he's putting lots of lube on!!

When does the third trimester start? I've heard and read so many different answers anywhere from 26 to 28 weeks. I know I'm close if not alreay in it :) I can't believe I have less than 3 months. I just started to get a little nervous about everything that needs to get done before baby comes. I'm hoping it doesn't go too fast! On the other hand, we bought a hot tub last night, so I'm looking forward to being able to use it after baby arrives! Anyone know if there are restrictions on that after delivery? I've been day dreaming about sitting in the hot tub with a margarita or glass of wine while DH takes care of our baby :)

I'd say you are officially in third tri!! I think 27 weeks is when it starts. That's super exciting about the hot tub purchase! Although, if I had one right now I would fill it with ice cold water and never get out :haha: I don't think there are many restrictions unless you get stitches then you might not want to get in the hot tub until you are completely healed. As much as I love being pregnant and know it's a blessing, I can't wait to have some summery alcoholic drinks :)

Yes! Third trimester starts at 27 weeks! Congrats on the hot tub purchase!!

I can't WAIT until I can have a margarita!! I want one so bad from Texas Roadhouse (they are my fav!). But with breastfeeding, I wont be able to for quite some time. :( But I will push through it and breastfeed because I want this baby to actually be able to for a while! I don't know about restrictions with hot tubs after birth.

Thanks ladies! I told DH when we get the hot tub, we aren't going to heat it up all the way at first so I can enjoy it a little. I figure sitting in it with the jets on will still feel good even if it's not very hot :) I agree, I never was a big drinker but I've been craving some delicious summery alcoholic drinks, LOL! I plan on breast feeding too, but I'm just going to pump & dump once in a while so I can enjoy some yummy drinks!

I agree, craving some adult beverages over here! There is just something about summer and sitting around a bonfire or grilling food that makes me want a drink or two. that's all I ever had before I was pregnant. I also intend to nurse, so itll be awhile yet. Speaking of nursing, anyone else already leaking? I have been leaking for 2-3 weeks now! Hopefully that is a sign that my milk supply will be good!

i am in third trimester now yayy :) cant wait to meet my baby...
wishfulone it seems u ll have more than enough milk for your baby. r u planning for breastfeeding?? i have not feel any kind of leakage till now.

I do plan to nurse as long as i can keep up :) welcome to your fin trimester!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->