Pregnant with#1 I Love my bump buddies :)

JJsmom your pics are so cute!! Glad your LO is doing better and you are able to pick him up and hold him :) He is such a little doll I can see why your DH is so in love!

Amanda- sorry to hear that you failed your test- I have my FX that you'll pass the 3 hour test!! I read that sometimes no matter how healthy and active you are, you still get GD and it's just the body's way of processing the insulin while pregnant. Nothing that is your fault at all but just how your body with all the extra hormones is working, so don't beat yourself up over it. I bet you'll pass the 3 hour one with flying colors :)

Miriam- stretch marks are a B*$(@!!! I *think* I see more small ones around where the 2 came in, I guess if there's nothing I can do I better just embrace my stripes and remember that the little guy behind them is worth it :thumbup:

So I had the weirdest dream last night that I had my little guy on the day of my shower, one month early and he was so tiny!! my OH was no where in sight but my mom and family were there and no one would let me have any privacy while I was trying to breastfeed...it was so real when I woke up I had to check my belly to see if it was real or not! Anyone else have any weird or vivid dreams recently?

Bmama u r right u cant do nothing about these stretch marks if u r getting them and yes our babies are more worth while :). pregnancy related dreams are often weird n feel so real i had many but i forget them after waking up :). you will have a great labor and a healthy cute baby for sure so cheer up :)

Thanks Ladies! My test is next wednesday as long as I get the diet instructions in the mail today or tomorrow. I asked if they could just email them to me, but she said no. How crazy is that?!? I'm trying to be positive about it and if I do have GD at least I'll have no choice but to eat healthy and hopefully it will be much easier to lose all the baby weight post delivery :) So far, that's all I could come up with, LOL!

Amanda- you've got the right attitude about it! From what I understand it's really diet controlled, unless you ignore the diet and it gets out of control then they might do medicine, but your results aren't bad at all so FX that it's just a fluke and you pass!!! And if not like you said just being careful about not eating too many carbs/sweets. I'll keep you in my thoughts next Wednesday as that's when I have my growth ultrasound too!

Thanks for the kind words, Bella! I really appreciate it! So exciting to see your baby again, hopefully you'll get some pics to take home :)

Amanda, I can't exactly remember what my levels were. I am thinking in the high 140's. Praying your pass your 3 hr test! If you don't, they'll just have you monitor your diet and they'll probably do a few growth scans to make sure baby isn't getting too big. They may anyways since you failed the first test. Sometimes your body just processes sugars more slowly when you are pregnant and has nothing to do with your family history or what you eat. It's just that your body processes it more slowly which can cause more weight gain due to the sugars sitting there in your intestines allowing more time to absorb them while they should be passed on.

AFM, I was diagnosed today with postpartum PUPPS! It is so itchy and horrible! I sure hope it goes away soon! On a side note, I gained 16 lbs while pregnant. As of today, exactly 1 week since giving birth, I am down a total of...27 pounds!!!!! Hoping that it continues to drop and I can get into doing more exercise to become a more healthier weight along with getting my BP under control!

Wow that's great on the weight loss JJsmom!! Sorry about the postpartum PUPPS- I've never heard of it before but I hope it goes away fast for you! How's life at home with your LO? I can't wait to meet my little man even though I know he needs more time to cook :coffee:

Things are going pretty good! I set my alarm for every 3 hours to nurse. I have to wake him up. He finally started latching on a lot better today! I am so happy! I am having to use a nipple shield due to having flat nipples, but the lactation consultant told me that using that is usually only temporary and that the nipple shield pulls the nipple out and will eventually keep it out. But if it doesn't, then I can continue using the nipple shield throughout the entire time breastfeeding! I am just so thankful I am able to nurse him!! I was only able to nurse my first son for 10 and a half weeks due to the same problem, not able to latch due to flat nipples and the lactation consultants I dealt with before was horrible. Didn't seem to try very hard to help and therefore I failed. Felt like a failure as a mother and I just couldn't imagine failing again. So we are actually succeeding! He nursed for about an hour today and passed out. But then when I put him down he cried he was still hungry. LOL! So I pumped the rest and gave him the bottle. He is such a good baby!! So very precious and lovable!!

Can't wait until you ladies start having yours!!! I know they have to cook longer, but can't wait.

Attachments

• baby 004.jpg
    baby 004.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2
Glad to know u r doing well jjsmom n hope your postpartum PUPPS go away soon. your LO is looking so cute n conformable :)

So glad you're doing good JJsmom! He is just adorable! Thanks for the advise about my test :)

hi ladies does any one of u feeling so uncomfortable while sitting it feels like my baby is up on my ribs n kind of stuck in there and even i cant eat properly coz it feel that m gonna throw up and even i did throw up my breakfast after having only two bites of bread. m so uncomfortable don't know what to do and baby is moving n kicking like crazy.

My baby is really low, so I don't have that problem. But, try laying down or going on your hands and knees. That might help baby get into a better position :) Hope you feel better soon!

my baby was low too couple of days ago but i think suddenly he/she decided to go up or could be trying to change the position. thanx i too hope it will b ok soon :)

Sometimes I get that feeling when he stretches out, but typically he hangs out pretty low. Moving around or gently prodding your bump can help :hugs:

I had my glucose test this morning and will hopefully get the results later today or tomorrow. I'm so glad it's over! It was not fun not being able to eat or drink anything. Once I finally was able to eat, I thought I was going to be sick, so I had to eat really slow and I think I've drank almost 32 oz of water in the last hour or so. My bladder will be paying for that later :)

Really hoping I pass! I'm already down 2 lbs from 2 weeks ago (so far I've been gaining about 2 lbs in 2 weeks), so I'm a little concerned how this would affect baby if I do have gestational diabetes. Since I'm already gluten intolerant, it may be a challenge to find things to eat. But, whatever happens I'll do whatever it takes to make sure baby is healthy.

I've got my FX for u Amanda hopefully u ll pass the test this time :)
have u ladies had whooping cough injection??? i had mine yesterday n my arm is painful today where i got the injection.

Good luck Amanda!!!

miriam, I had my shot the day I left the hospital. DH still hasn't gone to get his from the health dept, but at least I have had mine.

GL Amanda!!!!

I don't think the whooping cough injection is as common to give during pregnancy in the states. I asked my midwife if there were any shots or vaccines I should get while pregnant and she said no. Any girls in the US get the whooping cough vaccine? I was thinking I'd ask and get it (and have OH get it) while in the hospital after labor so I can pass antibodies while I breast feed and be immune so I'm not a carrier.

Bmama, they automatically came in and asked if I'd allow them to give it to me. So I signed the form for it. OH was supposed to go get his before Coltyn was born but he hasn't yet. I'm going to tell him while I'm making breakfast for him to run over there and get it done real fast since it shouldn't take too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->