Pregnant with #2!

I'm over 14 weeks and have had NO nausea!!! Was sick for 39 weeks the first time around so was dreading it. You may be spared!

Ohhh cool, hopefully I'll have none this time too! I suspect I will though, right up to 5.5 months is my usual!

Anyone bought anything yet?

My MS is getting worse!!! Puking even more now ,despite diclectin.

FIL is very ill so lots on my plate right now. DH has gone home, which means single parenting for an indefinite amount of time with no family here to help me. Oh and did I mention I don't have a washer and dryer.

In all seriousness though as long as FIL recovers and I get good results from the U/S sometime today I will be over the moon with how blessed I am.

this pregnancy has been the polar opposite of my pregnancy with Hannah :rofl:

:hugs: AG sorry but the pregnancy hormones are kinda funny on the other side (of course when I had a meltdown over a Subway sandwich I didn't think it was that funny at the time :blush:)

:( Hope your FIL recovers soon snuggle. and fingers crossed you get those results!!

Congrats Andrea! :hugs: Nice to have you in here :dance:

Snugglebot, sorry to hear you are having a hard time :( I hope your FIL recovers quickly and the ultrasound goes well :hugs:

Vickie - is it the new Chicco Together you're looking at? :)

AG - According to Which?, the Strawberry will be £450 for the seat unit and chassis. You then need to fork out £75 for the "flavour pack" which gives you a seat liner, and (more importantly) the hood. The carrycot will be £95. I like the look of the features (nice to have another pushchair which folds with the seat unit on either way), but I have the same problem with iCandy as with Bugaboo - I feel like you're paying for the name!

definitely paying for the name with them both!!

I just like the Bug so I can change it's hood when I get bored, saved me buying 8 prams like the time before!

I do like the customisation options for the Bugaboo, and I'd get one second hand if I felt like it was the right pram :). I'm just a stereotypical Scot when it comes to buying new :rofl:

Well I've learnt my lesson from last time!
We paid over a grand for our bug after we'd bought everything to go with it and when I sold it it was in mint condition, it was used solid for 2 years in ALL weather bumped up and down the stairs of out old flat daily!
So if I can find one in good condition 2nd hand I'll def be buying it!

Sounds like a great reason to spend loads of time on Ebay ;)

We're just sticking with our Oyster, and I managed to get the carrycot for a bargain price, in absolutely immaculate condition :) I came very close to selling the Oyster at one point, I'm quite glad now I didn't. Not sure I fancy the idea of trying to pick a new pram all over again :blush: Closest I came to that was looking at doubles, briefly, but we're going with a buggy board instead.

:rofl: I honestly don't know Eala. We're probably going to look for second hand and see what we can find.

We briefly looked for a double with a place for Hannah to stand/sit on the back but there's not a large selection and those things are huge!!! I don't think we'd ever get it in a rental car :rofl:

I saw a trailer for a programme on Discovery home and health channel which was a tandem but with 3 seats! I don't know how they managed to push it at all, you couldn't possibly see the front of the pushchair when pushing it.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed at first but tbh Hannah will be close to 4 anyways when these 2 arrive. She already walks a lot of the time when we are out and about. And if we are going to be out for an all day activity where she might want to sit for a rest it will most definitely be with Stan and me both so we can take the single stroller for her :lol:

I am debating about even buying a double for that reason Vicki. Finn doesn't like his stroller much anymore.

Everyone has chariots here because of the cold winters and snow. We have one too but they are too bloody expensive to bother buying a double.

FYI ladies, the receptionist at the clinic told me that the results were good and nothing to worry about (dr never called so I got it out of the receptionist)

My FIL is doing so well. FX his recovery keeps going in the direction it is. It is so amazing he is still alive, nevermind awake and talking to people.

:hugs: Snuggle glad to hear that your FIL is doing well and :happydance: for good US results!!!

yeah doubles are expensive!!

That's brilliant news about your FIL, Snugglebot :) And YAY for good US results :dance:

Doubles are expensive, it's mad. I know Buttonnose is looking at importing a Baby Jogger City Select from America, because even with shipping and taxes, it'll probably be cheaper than buying it here :dohh:

I mean, I like the concept of the Bugaboo Donkey (a side-by-side which can be a single), but for us to get the bits for Roo and Midgelet would've been £1100, and then you still have a carseat to get!

If we end up needing a double for whatever reason, then we'll just get a cheapy second-hand one. There's a shop near us which recycles prams and all things baby/toddler. It's part of a charity which provides jobs for adults with learning disabilities. They don't have space to store lots, so stuff is priced to go, and fast! They had doubles in there in VGC for £20 at one point. It's luck of the draw whether they have anything, but it's only 5 minutes away to keep checking :)

Ohhhh I remember that shop! Whereabouts is it? Will need to travel over and have a looksie, bout time I came over to you :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->