• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnant with #2!

Sorry to hear you've not been getting a lot of sleep, Junebug and Snuggle :( I've been counting my blessings that Roo got over her "I will not sleep!" phase. I'm so shattered at the moment, I couldn't imagine doing it on less sleep. I hope your older ones settle down soon and you're able to get more of a rest at night :hugs:

^unfortunately the I will not sleep phase seems to come back around Hannah's age group :rofl:

Well after doing a bit of digging, I think the real cause for my small fundal height is baby is likely lying transversely. All the signs fit. I don't get any movement above my belly button. Can't feel a head or bum and of course, I'm otherwise quite large so I bet it is just horizontally measuring. I also didn't have the greatest abs going into this pregnancy so being loose (and having given birth to a 10lber before) probably means baby has lots of room to lye transversely.

Fx that is all it is AND that baby flips before labour. Lots of time still.

Snugglebot: I have been suspecting the same thing as well with my baby.

hope baby flips for you!

Hannah was transverse but they didn't realize it in the delivery room until I'd already pushed for 2 hours :grr: I was able to deliver her naturally (they manually turned her) with a bit of a vacuum assist though which I was grateful for.

Hoping this one is a little more cooperative in the child birthing process than Hannah was :lol:

hope baby flips for you!

Hannah was transverse but they didn't realize it in the delivery room until I'd already pushed for 2 hours :grr: I was able to deliver her naturally (they manually turned her) with a bit of a vacuum assist though which I was grateful for.

Hoping this one is a little more cooperative in the child birthing process than Hannah was :lol:

ooo you are a transverse expert then. That is incredible they were able to move her! I have read transverse babies are always c section.

Admittedly I know it's still early, but I have wondered if I could do a natural labour given the fact I Gave birth to a 10lbs so obviously my pelvis is quite able to handle large objects :rofl:

It feels really funny to have kicks out by my hips. I kind of wondered about it before but last time I had been convinced DS was transverse and was wrong so didn't let myself think transverse this time. However, it explains so much about the smaller movements, low down and the pressure I feel all the time down in my pelvis vs nothing in my ribs. (I don't miss feet in my ribs :rofl:)

Did you fidn it hard to sleep on your side? I find I am SUPER nauseous on my left side. I can't do it and haven't been able to since mid 2nd tri

:rofl: Not really sure I'm an expert since it wasn't found out until delivery time!

From what I remember though sleeping on my left side was best with Hannah as it seemed to help the most with the nausea :shrug:

This time around I do find that there are times if I'm on my side I get the crap kicked out of me and have to move as it's so uncomfortable though :rofl: No idea how he's lying.......I think he still has room to flip around in there though as I feel movements in different places on different days.

The manual turning of her wasn't fun, and the OB didn't warn me she was going to do it. But I am glad that she did in the end so that I could have a natural delivery. I did come very close to a C-Section though

It's quiet in here. The homestretch is keeping us all busy.

I have been dealing with a very long week of undiagonsed toddler ear infections (took three trips) combined with strep (took 2 swabs) and 2 hr of sleep at night on the worst nights right before we fiugred it all out. He is finally on antibiotics and we are on day 2. Fingers crossed he starts to get better soon.

Pregnancy wise, I have lost weight (2 lbs since last appt) :( Haven't even gained 10lbs on my pre bfp yet in this pregnancy. Uturus is still measuring 3 weeks behind but did grow from last time. Dr is ordering an U/S as a precaution but isn't too worried. LO's heartrate was on the slower end of normal at 112 but again, wasn't moving around at the time and so was likely sleeping. Dr also said that she heard lots of accelerations and deceleration so wasn't worried.

I'm so tired. What a stressful day. Sent DS to daycare thinkingok he only had an ear infection and he had been on antibiotics for 24 hrs and was so happy yesterday at home. Then get a call from the nurse this pm saying he has strep and shouldn't be at daycare until 48 hrs has passed so have to leave work.

:hugs: Snuggle sounds a tiring week! I hope DS starts to improve soon.

I has been quiet in here! Ive just been working away, doing some overtime to get some finances in order and get some bigger things bought. Its Alexs birthday next month, aswell as mine (though not as important :lol: ) Then were looking at the last month before i go on mat leave!

:hugs: Snuggle that sounds so stressful. I hope LO feels better soon :( And I hope your US goes well. When is it??

Last month of work coming up already AG! :shock: Though I guess you aren't really that far behind me :rofl:

Hannah's been in full out terrible three mode lately which has been trying. By the time the evening comes around I usually just want to lay on the couch until bed :haha:

Had an appointment this morning and everything looks good. I have an US in a week and a half to see about the placenta and if it's moved up

Hiya girls! See we have our first baby born :winkwink:!!!!

Not so much happening here, was having mild contractions for about a week, thankfully they didn't cause my cervix to move but I think it's all due to stress.

i was dismissed from my job , 3.5 weeks after I told them I was pregnant so you can kind of guess what happened there!

I'm over it now, was seriously stressed to begin with!

Had my midway scan today, all is good with him, growing perfectly :)

On a buying frenzy and have even started knitting! redone Daisy's room so moving on to the Nursery next, very excited about that!

Hope you are all well and pregnancy is treating you good! x

Oh my gosh taper about the dismissal!!! :grr: I can't believe they would do that!! terrible!

Rest up.

Vicki, hope hannah settles down soon. This toddlers don't know what's coming! their world's are about to change drastically. I am a bit nervous myself for DS's sake myself.

good luck at your US next week. I hope the placenta has moved for you too.

I don't know when my growth scan is. Apparently the dr said the U/S department is very busy so it might be a few weeks she said. I also think I did the math wrong and am actually 4 weeks behind. I measured 27 weeks yesterday and am 31weeks along.

Anyways I indulged in a burger and fries for lunch. Craving a root beer right now :rofl: Might indulge in that too. Kind of hard to do since I started out this pregnancy very cognisant that I should watch my weight gain so I don't have another 10lber. Now that I haven't even hit 10lbs+above my prebfp weight yet - (gained about 15lbs though from my lowest weight in first tri), I suppose I can stop worrying.

Not sure if I should be exercising or not. Dr didn't say anything about not. Nor did she even tell me to eat more :shrug: I guess she really isn't all that concerned about things. Too bad my pregnant mind can't think the same way.

I want to go on a buying frenzy hmph lol. Hopefully getting my pool sorted this month, someone remind me the work overtime will be worth it :dohh:

My mat leave starts in 3 months so it's not long really!

Congrats Eala (I'm going to assume that's our first baby born :rofl:) :yipee:

It's good that she's not worried about it but it'd be nice if you could get in sooner snuggle so that you don't have this weighing on you :hugs:

So sorry about your job Andrea :( Glad that everything was good with the scan today and you are feeling less stressed overall :)

Hannah's behavior has been pretty up and down for the last couple of months but it seems to be a common theme among this age group with all of my friends kids to :haha: Luckily her mood, while bad this morning, improved this afternoon!

Thanks Vicki! I keep worrying myself about low amniotic fluid but that's googles fault.

Did I miss something about eala?

yeah I found google to be my enemy early on in pregnancy and try to stay away from it now. Occasionally I will go look at a development site or something but limit myself to that.

CONGRATS EALA!

I'm not sure WHAT the heck is going on with my son. He got a few more "cankers" that some resemble blisters. They aren't anywhere else (not in his mouth or his hands or feet). He has one or two out of his mouth. His fever is still persisting despite being on day 4 of antibiotics.

Took him to the drop in clinic and guess what the stupid doctor told me...

they were cankers....

and they were highly contagious :shock:

I rebutted saying "I thought cankers weren't contagious" He totally disagreeed with me and said they were highly "catching" from kisses, touching saliva etc.

Moron.

So I am as confused as ever about whether he is contagious or not. I don't know what the blisters/sores are. If it is a weird reaction to the amoxicillian, cold sores, hand food and mouth or just a bad bout of cankers and whether he can go to daycare.

Dr wrote him off until March 10th or until the blisters disappear. At this point, DH and I don't have much choice. We have to do it because I can't imagine myself taking DS to the drs AGAIN ....so frustrating.

Poor DS is having one heck of a time eating and drinking though. he is in alot of pain.

poor baby :(

I get canker sores when I've been sick or in my mouth when I've had highly acidic foods to many days in a row

I have always been under the impression that they are contagious, which in general isn't an issue for an older kid/adult as I don't kiss anyone when I have them and if I touch them (doctoring them) I wash my hands immediately afterward

they are really painful though :( I hope his clear up soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->