• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnant with #2!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001631/

I'm really sorry your LO is suffering from them snuggle :( Unfortunately once you have them you will get reoccurring infections throughout your life. Though I really only break out a few times a year (I got the virus from sharing my niece's chapstick when she had one :wacko:) I can usually tell when they are coming on: if I've had a bad cold with a fever I almost always get them around my nose and mouth or if I'm incredibly stressed/tired they tend to come on.

Aaah you are thinking of cold sores, those are different from cankers which are also known as mouth ulcers.

Unfortunatly I don't think what Finn has is either of those. They have spread to his face and my dh gets cold sores and these seem different. I'm almost certain now it's hand foot and mouth despite what the dr said. :( I get cankers all te time but they don't blister like his are. :( he won't eat and I resorted to digging out bottles to get some fluids in him. :(

Here is my 31.5 week bump:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7047/6807651530_a1aafe7056.jpg
I cut my head off because I didn't brush my hair and look like death ... :rofl:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7177/6953762131_234bb0da69.jpg

From what I was reading the canker sores are solely in the mouth :shrug: not sure though. I get both but the mouth ulcers are generally caused by the acidic foods while the cold sores are caused by sickness or stress

I've never seen hand foot and mouth disease so not sure what the sores look like :( either way it doesn't sound fun for your poor kiddo

can you get a second opinion on it? did they give you any medicine to use on the sores?

cute bump pic!!

No meds :(

we've been to the doctor three times in the past few weeks because of his sicknesses (not including my own prenatal )

At thus point I'm going to leave it. If he gets worse we will take him invite most causes are viral and he is on antibiotics already anyways.

I posted a pic of his face in my journal if you want to look

TJG: I am really sorry to hear about your job :( That's so horribly unfair :(

Arcanegirl: I think Canker sores are called mouth ulcers here.

Snugglebot: sorry to hear about your LO's canker sores. I used to get them a lot as a child and they were sooo painful. Like Vickie I will get them after a few days of eating food that is too acidic or too much chocolate. Gorgeous bump btw :cloud9:

Yeah I don't blame you on not wanting to go back to the doc snuggle :hugs:

Hopefully they'll clear up without you having to take him in again.

How is everyone doing?

ETA: Just had a chance to look in your journal snuggle and that looks so painful :( Poor little guy

Ive finished my weekend stint of overtime shifts thank god!
The money will bo soo worth it but it was soo tiring!

awwww nearly 4 years and I have finally made it to 10000 posts! :haha: I am more of a reader than a poster LOL!

Thought I'd use my special number post in here with you girls!

AG, bet you are glad that's over!

Snuggle, hope your LO feels better soon :hugs: and lovely bumpage!

I am starting to look really pregnant and waddling LOL I definitely carry boys differently to girls, I am feeling less mobile already!

hahaha yeah I waddle a bit more when I need to pee! It's crazy, I didn't get that pregnancy waddle/sway until at least 36 weeks with the girls, this bump is definitely all out front!

I feel way out front as well :rofl: And have felt like I've been waddling for a while now

it's getting harder to get up from the floor and bend over and pick things up that's for sure :rofl:

I know :shock:

I keep telling Stan we don't have much time left and we need to get the last bits together, after I spelled out the number of weeks the other day to him he immediately started looking online for the last few things we need, did a load of baby clothes this weekend and helped me put them away etc. He also asked last night what else we needed to get done :haha:

Vicki! You were right about the cold sore diagnosis!!

A pediatric nurse just called us (I emailed her the pics yesterday in desperation) and she says its cold sores. PFEWF! I have to be careful since I don't remember ever having them but let's be honest, not really possible to avoid his coughs/spits/drool etc at this point. What will be will be. Perhaps I am already immune anyways since I have been with my DH for 8 years and he gets them, and I have never had them yet. :shrug:

:hugs: I hope they clear up soon.

I still break out a few times a year. I mean I have a good idea of what to do to avoid them in general circumstances (for instance I can't add ANY kind of moisturizing product to my nose or around my mouth even if I get really dry skin there as it makes me breakout) but I can't seem to avoid them completely. I imagine it's even harder with one so little as you can't really tell them don't touch here or control their runny nose etc. :(

Stan's never had them either though he stays pretty far away from kissing me when I do break out :rofl:

How is your LO doing snuggle? :hugs:

How is everyone else? :)

I had my US yesterday and the placenta has moved up and everything looks normal :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->