Pregnant with #2!

Second baby has arrived! :yipee: Chantal had her little man last night :)

Dr thinks baby could be breech so am waiting for a scan in the next day or so. I don't know if that is really a possibility since everything seems the same as before the last scan and she/he was head down.

Not me :haha:

Had appointment with head of midwifery not happy with how it went. She wanted concessions without promising me anything. No happy :(

:( What's wrong modo?

Hope baby isn't breech snuggle :hugs:

I have an appointment tomorrow. I've been getting a lot of period like cramps (most of last night actually) but they never got to bad and diarrhea in the last day so we'll see if it means anything or if I've got weeks left :lol:

Still nothing consistent but lots of bowel movements and cramping on and off. So weird as with Hannah my waters broke before anything else ever happened :rofl: I'm kinda off in left field as with what to expect

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up to much. Because if I do and go overdue well that just wouldn't be nice :rofl:

what do you mean concessions?

She originally said that there is no need for me to be in the Midwife Unit as a VBAC and the ward was just as good, that the birthing pool and wireless monitors there are underused as most people using the ward are high risk (as well as VBACs) and I could have the baby in the water. When I saw her on Tuesday she was saying stuff like if the pool is becoming more popular and might be used when I come in, they might want to monitor me in bed for a while and it would be our job to persuade the mw to take me off monitoring if the baby was doing well. These things are a big deal to me. Every MW I have spoken to said that Bobby's induction probably failed because I was stuck to the bed the whole time being monitored and wasn't allowed to move. The last thing I want is for that to happen again :hissy:

Then they started talking about a little bit of oxytocin if my labour stopped which upset me as I really blame that stuff for speeding up B's heart rate and putting him in distress. I started crying. She then said she was concerned that because I am still upset by his birth it might cause problems in this birth and I might not be able to handle the pain. That really upset me and I said that I have been trying to think positively about this birth and doing relaxation and visualisation which I though would help me deal with the pain. She replied that she had seen lot of women who did hypnobirthing and still said it hurt. Just seemed like she was trying to undermine me.

The funny thing is she was "nice" and "concerned" the whole time and it's only days later that I have started to realise that she was jabbing on purpose at my self-confidence.

My doula I felt stood by and took her side :dohh:

Sorry for the rant :dohh: I just needed to talk about it :(

oh modo I'm so sorry to hear about that. That isn't good that they are eating at your confidence. :nope: I wish I could say something that would reassure you but of course I can't. Every hospital, every experience is different. I remember with my first how upset I became when the midwife and hospital started threatening things like not being able to get induced at 43 weeks etc. At the end it can be really hard.

I admit I am pretty much go with the flow when it comes to labour this time around so am not setting any expectations of myself. In the end my first labour went reasonably well so probably why I can do that. If it had ended differently, I probably would be investing more into it this time around, and I know your worries are common for people who went through tough first time labour and deliveries. I hope things work out in the end.

For me, the ultrasound confirmed baby is head down. So now just have to wait. Hope that is it now until I go into labour.

any updates Vicki?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->