Pregnant with #2!

:hugs: sorry about the wait June but I have faith things are just fine.

I don't have my first appt until next week and basically it is just to pee on a stick for the dr to "confirm" the pregnancy. No paperwork even. They won't do that until 10 or 11 weeks here. So nothing exciting here to report.

ACK! HCG is 31800 IU/L, so all good!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: Now waiting for apt for dating ultrasound, hoping bleed doesn't recur in the meantime!!!

Well my bubble just got popped....

Peeved at my GP: as you know, saw her yesterday and she wasn't even going to do blood hCG (due to my 15+ HPTs) but then I broke down crying because of the bleed and NO symptoms, so she conceded to doing bloods. THEN I get a call from her nurse today saying that they can't do an U/S until 9 weeks (WTF!!!). So despite my decision to just be followed by my GP this time around, I gave up and called my OB. He's a colleague, he was wonderful during my first pregnancy. I just hated the 2 hour wait to see him and thought my GP would be more efficient. At this point, screw efficiency. I just want someone to address my concerns and DO something. He is concerned I've had a miscarriage... His admin assistant called back in less than 10 minutes and is coordinating an urgent scan for either this week or early next week, and ordered a repeat HCG. Hopefully I will know by the end of the day when the U/S will be... :cry:

Oh Jb! How worrying! But your Hcg is so good. Am hoping he's just being over cautious. :hugs:

:hugs: Chantal, it sounds like your OB is definitely the way to go. A small bleed can be normal and hopefully it's not a MC. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

When are you getting the repeat blood tests done?

Have my ultrasound booked tomorrow (she squeezed me in :dance:) and repeat bloods on Friday...

oh good, I'm very happy you're getting in quickly for the US. :hugs:

:hugs: Mighty sorry to hear the MS is so bad for you this time around!

Not much to really report on here :shrug: I still feel a bit nauseated at times but it goes away so quickly that I usually end up wondering if it's all in my head :dohh:

nothing from the doctor yet but I don't even know if I will hear anything :shrug:

True, JUnebug, but hang on in there. I'm certain that those big numbers are encouraging!

Thanks Vickie, it's not bad at all though. But at only 5 weeks tomorrow I've got it all to come!

Vicki, I read an article that some drs still think MS is mostly in the head. :rofl: I doubt that is actually true but I can see how thinking about it too much can make it worse. When I start to feel queasy I try distraction as much as I can.

It's kind of like someone puking next to you in the plane. If you can avoid looking, listening etc, you are fine, but mentally if you think about it you start to get sick yourself.

well I have Hannah to keep me distracted most of the day :haha:

Though I have to say that must have been a MALE doctor :rofl: Because it was awful with Hannah :sick: :rofl: though I never threw up (well once but I don't think that was MS I think that was eating something I shouldn't have :lol:) I have a pretty strong stomach (rarely catch stomach bugs and even the last one I did catch--first in 10-15 years I was over it within 8 hours whereas poor Hannah was sick for days on end).

Isn't it odd how much things differ from place to place?

I don't even know if my doctor will be doing anything other than the physical now around 10 weeks if these blood tests come back normal :shrug:

I'm not counting my chickens yet. MS got really bad for me around 6.5 weeks so a few more days. I would love to avoid it. I was sick a few times in first tri, and sick alot in third tri. I have to admit, I never liked being pregnant. I am hoping this time around I can enjoy it more. Although my toddler is driving me into the ground with exhaustion at the moment, so I might not get much chance.

DS was up atleast 5 times last night crying. Ugh.

Vicki, I read an article that some drs still think MS is mostly in the head. :rofl: I doubt that is actually true but I can see how thinking about it too much can make it worse. When I start to feel queasy I try distraction as much as I can.

It's kind of like someone puking next to you in the plane. If you can avoid looking, listening etc, you are fine, but mentally if you think about it you start to get sick yourself.

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:
If anyone would have said the ALL DAY sickness ALL PREGNANCY I had last time was all in my head I would have kicked them in the balls. Seriously.

He is always a bad sleeper. It's made worse with the transition to his new car bed (so was up 3 or so times a night most of the weekend). but Last night was horrible. He was crying after he coughed. Eventually gave him tylenol and he slept 4 hours before waking up crying again. He was fine in the morning - albeit lazy and not wanting to get out of bed. But had a goopy eye. Gave him some polysporin eye drops. Hope it doesn't turn into an infection.

My boy was a bit clever today, took his first unaided steps! :cloud9:

I got ms last time into 2nd tri. And then on every Sunday! Why Sunday I have no idea! Didn't matter what I was doing either!

:hugs: Snuggle, hope he has a better night tonight.

We've been really blessed with Hannah's sleep. Thank GOD because she's so high maintenance when she's awake I'm not sure I could handle her on no sleep :blush: :rofl:

:yipee: Well done Jack!!!

and every Sunday? :rofl: that's so random

Congrats on the first steps! That's a fun stage. I LOVE toddlerhood. Best phase yet

HCG levels now in the 3000s and I'm picking up a requisition for an early US tomorrow or Friday :yipee: the doctor wants me to get a dating scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->