Preparing your body for TTC - what are you doing?

S

Serene123

I should lose some weight, or eat healthier atleast..

Not sure how you make your body ready!

I am losing weight and getting fit. Also taking suitable vitamins. I am just taking multi-vitamins at the mo, but will be taking some special conception ones one we start trying as I don't think normal multi-vits are suitable as some of the vitamins aren't as good during pregnancy.

The other body things would be to cut down on smoking and alcohol, but I don't smoke and rarely drink so that's not a problem for me

Also - important to get OH healthy eating and having multi vitamins too - will be keeping a better eye on hubby's eating habits as it gets closer - apparently 3 months before TTC he should be healthy eating xx

Neither of us smoke, or drink (boring I know!!) :rofl:

Vitamins are a good idea x

I saw a load of different kinds of vitamins in Boots yesterday for women (and men) who are TTC x

Well we are the same, neither smoke and drink is limited - OH has a glass a wine a few nights a week, I have a spritzer on a weekend - but we will both stop that come August.

We eat fairly well, are getting more excercise now with having the dog and will start to take Folic Acid soon.

x

Just trying to be as healthy as possible - I dont drink much and only have the odd cigarette (used to smoke a lot but not quite ready to give them up completely - but maybe have three a week at the most). I'd like to lose half a stone but apart from that, I'll be waiting till we have a proper date before I go on the huge health kick! xxx

Eat healthy... and I was advised to take pre-natal (or plain folic acid) vitamins 3 months prior to getting PG, which I was advised to continue taking after she was born if I had continued to BF.

I plan on losing weight and enjoy myself throughly before TTC. I want to take up sports again, and join and gym and feel good about my body before I put it through a pregnancy again.

I also want to start eating healthy about 6 months before, to get myself into healthy eating habits. Then like ryder says, 3 months before I'll take taking prenatal vitamins and charting my cycle so I know what to expect.

Well i'm also trying to lose weight and i'm going to start exercising just need to motivate myself to do that bit though lol, i'm going to start taking pre-natels about 3 months before we start ttc and will look at what vits to get for hubby too, i'mm trying to get hubby to stop smoking and he does keep trying he just keep failing so far and we both only drink occasionally so that won't be a problem stopping so hopefully we will be ready for starting ttc in September x

Yup pre-natal vitamins are what ya need , and make sure to eat healthy ..

Also some raspberry tea leaf is good to make your uterus strong and ready to carry baby ..

Erm, I seem to have gone the other way and am eating more rubbish now than I ever did! I think I have got it into my head that it won't matter if I look bloated or put on a bit of weight, as (in my world!) I'll be pregnant soon and it won't really notice. There's a kind of warped logic in there somewhere!

Will have to cut out all those lovely crumbly digestives!

Have been taking folic acid for 3 months now.

At the moment the thing im doing is praying everyday for AF to return and getting negatives everyday on OPK's!!!!!!!! xx

very good thread...thanks :) id forgot about the preparing the body bit !!

I've had my rubella checked (all ok, no jab needed) and will try to get a bit fitter before TTC. Especially want to strengthen my back and shoulder muscles as I get awful headaches from sore muscles there which are bound to get worse during pregnancy. Other than that I try to eat healthily. Don't smoke and hardly ever drink so that's not a problem but will cut down on my enormous caffeine intake once we're TTC. Oh and I've come off the pill a while back to give my body some time on its own, without all those weird hormones floating about...

Iv come of the pill. i dont eat that bad but i am overweight, my blood pressure and cholesterol is fine and i am fairly fit so its just getting my bmi down so i dont have to have them injections(cant remember the name) every day for 6 weeks afterwards.

Once im colser to the time i will start to take prenatal vits and see if i convince oh to take them aswell.

Iv come of the pill. i dont eat that bad but i am overweight, my blood pressure and cholesterol is fine and i am fairly fit so its just getting my bmi down so i dont have to have them injections(cant remember the name) every day for 6 weeks afterwards.

Once im colser to the time i will start to take prenatal vits and see if i convince oh to take them aswell.

What injections? I have a high BMI and have no clue what you're on about :blush:

What injections? I have a high BMI and have no clue what you're on about :blush:

If your bmi is over 34/35 you have to take injections everyday for 6 weeks after the birth to stop your blood clotting to much. My mam and best friend had to take them.

Oh it isn't that high, but I'm sure it will be after another gremlin.. Better eat healthy next pregnancy :rofl:

I've just started taking folic acid, don't really drink much anyway......maybe I need to cut down on the chocolate!!!!!! What's the difference between folic acid and prenatal vits..............do they help you to conceive more easily (in theory)?

If your bmi is over 34/35 you have to take injections everyday for 6 weeks after the birth to stop your blood clotting to much. My mam and best friend had to take them.

OMG I had no idea about this!!! The weight I was hoping to get to before TTC will take me to a BMI of 34.8. Of course, if we don't conceive straight away then my BMI will just keep getting lower as the months go on, but if we do, then it looks like I'd be in the category to have it - wow, funny the things you don't know!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->