Preparing Your Body

NS & RC.....both your pups are ADORABLE....:awww:

NS.....did u find your next pup?

I'm looking out for a rescue dog, as tempted as I am by supercute pups everywhere, two of my last dogs were rescue plus I did fostering so I think I'm going to practice what I preach, well that is the plan.

OH reckons we should wait and see what happens with potential baby, whereas I grew up with dogs and it wouldn't bother me to ahve a dog and a baby at the same time.

I might do some fostering though, just to keep my hand in as it were.

So jealous. I want a dog. :cry:

Specifically I want a poodle lab cross. My OH won't hear of it though, so it'll be yet more cats for us...

You'd probably get a rescue labradoodle if you went looking, a lot of them get dumped as adolescents, as they tend to be massive and overly bouncy for a lot of people, I've fostered one, but if your OH is a beginner dog owner I wouldn't recommend this type of dog - maybe you could just get a really massive cat instead?

You'd probably get a rescue labradoodle if you went looking, a lot of them get dumped as adolescents, as they tend to be massive and overly bouncy for a lot of people, I've fostered one, but if your OH is a beginner dog owner I wouldn't recommend this type of dog - maybe you could just get a really massive cat instead?

Massive cat lol, I can just pretend it's a dog. Although tbh I've known some cats who behave exactly like dogs. Either way it'll be a rescue animal.

It's Friday night and I feel like necking a bottle of wine and a vat of crisps after a really busy week at work. "Preparing your Body" is not always easy...:wacko:

LOL, Suki check out my EPO thread, I've just done 2 cycles on it..cutting it right back on cycle 3 and any more LP side effects it's going in the bin!

LOL, Suki check out my EPO thread, I've just done 2 cycles on it..cutting it right back on cycle 3 and any more LP side effects it's going in the bin!

Just replied on your thread. I agree with the other ladies that what suits one body doesn't suit everybody! It's alarming that it can affect your cycle THAT powerfully!!!!

BTW have you, or has anyone else on here been using Royal Jelly? It's a measure of my desperation that I've spent ages googling "improving egg quality" and Dr. Google seems to be recommending it highly. :wacko: I'm already taking a preconception vit, but hey, I'll try anything.

At the moment I am crippled with AF pain :cry: but glad to finish my first full cycle of charting confirming cycle of 32 days with ov on day 19 and 13 day LP. Just WISH we were in a position to TTC right away. :(

I have just liberally applied a conditioner allegedly containing royal jelly to my hair but have never tried eating it, no. But then before TTC I didn't take any supplements at all, ever, so I'm not really that well educated on this stuff (Macwooly is though!).

I have heard from ladies doing IVF on other threads that they were reccomended to up their protein intake when TTC so I'm eating more red meat than usual, which is okay actually, I don't mind that.

I'm back at the gym, which is more for general health and to distract me from obsessing about TTC, it's particularly hard for me since my OH is away half the time, so I think it's a good thing to be doing.

I have just liberally applied a conditioner allegedly containing royal jelly to my hair but have never tried eating it, no. But then before TTC I didn't take any supplements at all, ever, so I'm not really that well educated on this stuff (Macwooly is though!).

I have heard from ladies doing IVF on other threads that they were reccomended to up their protein intake when TTC so I'm eating more red meat than usual, which is okay actually, I don't mind that.

I'm back at the gym, which is more for general health and to distract me from obsessing about TTC, it's particularly hard for me since my OH is away half the time, so I think it's a good thing to be doing.

That's tough about your OH. My OH and had a long-distance thang and it can be difficult!!! Gym is a great idea. I am feeling disgustingly AF-ish and fat at the moment but I find exercise really effective in all sorts of positive ways too - I really think it has an effect on balancing hormones too, in moderation of course, and it's a fantastic mood booster. Agree about the protein too, especially when you're exercising.

I'm a bit sceptical about the royal jelly to be honest - but I'm trying it and we'll see what happens...

Ironically the EPO made my AF a lot less painful, so I'm willing to risk a few days worth of it this cycle, for sure I feel less like blubbing/scarfing down the Ben & Jerry's.

Let us know how you get on with the royal jelly, have you considered upping the proteins as well?

Northstar- do you know if it is recommended that men up the protein for sperm quality?

Northstar- do you know if it is recommended that men up the protein for sperm quality?

Yes it is also recommended for men TTC that they up their protein intake, I have had no arguments from OH about this as he likes his red meat so is very happy to tuck into steak, roast, and cheeseburgers, lasagnes etc.

Yes it is also recommended for men TTC that they up their protein intake, I have had no arguments from OH about this as he likes his red meat so is very happy to tuck into steak, roast, and cheeseburgers, lasagnes etc.

My DH has wanted to go back on the Atkins diet (Fatkins) and I have been saying no bc I think it's horrible in the long-term. But, I might be able to have him on a version of it and we both win, lol.

Well I still serve up the meat, but it comes on a plate with vegetables which he has to eat like it or not, so that's a winner for both of us.

Well I still serve up the meat, but it comes on a plate with vegetables which he has to eat like it or not, so that's a winner for both of us.

:haha::haha:Is your OH conscious of his diet when he is travelling?

God no, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he lived on cheese sandwiches and chocolate biscuits the whole time he is away with work, when we first got together 2 years ago he lived on takeaways his whole 2 weeks off :growlmad::growlmad:

All I can do is pile the good stuff into him when he's home ha ha ha, so he is healthy HALF the time, we live in Scotland so that is still healthier than the average Scottish male.:dohh:

This might sound stupid...but is fresh produce not popular in Scotland? Lol.

I also saw a program on TV and it said that most of your fish/seafood is exported, even though what you guys harvest there is of very good quality.

Well Scotland is famous (infamous) for it's crap diet, and dying young, some parts of the country only have a life expectancy of 62 years for men which is the lowest in Europe so I'm only half joking about this stuff.

Most of the good seafood gets exported straight to the Continent but if you know where to look it is possible to still eat nice fresh food here, it is just more of an effort (and more expensive) than eating crap.

God no, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he lived on cheese sandwiches and chocolate biscuits the whole time he is away with work, when we first got together 2 years ago he lived on takeaways his whole 2 weeks off :growlmad::growlmad:

All I can do is pile the good stuff into him when he's home ha ha ha, so he is healthy HALF the time, we live in Scotland so that is still healthier than the average Scottish male.:dohh:

My OH is rather too fond of processed stuff and microwave meals :wacko: He also has a resistance to anything he perceives as "rabbit food" (his words). I am having to find ways of incorporating healthy foods into his diet without making it seem obvious, and the only way to do this is to make everything as tasty as possible. The upside is he's a great believer in vitamin supplements so no difficulty there.

He could do with shifting a few stone tbh. I love him to bits but I worry about his health sometimes. He has definite markers for metabolic syndrome and I have no doubt he is running a risk of developing type 2 diabetes, which is no joke.

Ironically the EPO made my AF a lot less painful, so I'm willing to risk a few days worth of it this cycle, for sure I feel less like blubbing/scarfing down the Ben & Jerry's.

Let us know how you get on with the royal jelly, have you considered upping the proteins as well?

Yep, I've been slack about this in the past, but I did a circuit training some time ago and was EXHAUSTED after a few weeks; I increased my protein intake and almost immediately was raring to go! I honestly think women don't really think enough about protein unless it's in the context of a weight loss programme like Atkins, and I think Atkins is dangerous. :devil:

I'm not crazy about red meat except for steak (which is pricy) but I do eat a lot of chicken, fish and pulses.

Will report back if I notice any benefits from the royal jelly although to be honest I'm taking so many extra vits I probably couldn't isolate a benefit from just one of my supplements :winkwink:

[My OH is rather too fond of processed stuff and microwave meals :wacko: He also has a resistance to anything he perceives as "rabbit food" (his words). I am having to find ways of incorporating healthy foods into his diet without making it seem obvious, and the only way to do this is to make everything as tasty as possible. The upside is he's a great believer in vitamin supplements so no difficulty there.

He could do with shifting a few stone tbh. I love him to bits but I worry about his health sometimes. He has definite markers for metabolic syndrome and I have no doubt he is running a risk of developing type 2 diabetes, which is no joke.

Mine will not eat lettuce or any other form of raw vegetable, at all, ever, I sneak finely cut slices of tomato into his sandwiches!

He is naturally slim though, there's no spare flesh on him at all, which is a combination of skinny genes and a physically taxing job.

Because he isn't fat (like most Scottish guys are by the time they are pushing 40) I have a job persuading him of the need to eat properly, but he is generally obedient when at home and will eat what I put in front of him to a point (excluding salads) he eats the veggies first as they are obviously his least favourite part of the meal...!

The vitamins I bought him are thus far unopened in his bag I think:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->