Presents for childrens school friends...

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
Whats your budget for a gift when your child gets invited to a party?

Only £5-£6 :blush: I always try to pick them a nice card and present for that though, does sound a bit tight but thats how much Jacks friends mums usually spend (around that anyway)

why hun? xxx

£10 although if i can get something that looks nice for less i will. I also sometime multi buy & buy in advance to get better deals x

£5 for a random kid,£10-15 if its a kid whose parents im friends with.

Only £5-£6 :blush: I always try to pick them a nice card and present for that though, does sound a bit tight but thats how much Jacks friends mums usually spend (around that anyway)

why hun? xxx

LOL :blush:

I usually spend around £15 inc the card and wrapping paper. Jack got some lovely gifts today, and lots of cards with £5 in. Certanly not saying im ungrateful, just surprised. I must be very generous! I did think all these partes he goes to was costing me a bomb lately!

Hes never had a proper party at a play place before, so i never knew what the average budget is. :shrug:

I have put £5 in a card before when I have been unorganised/in a rush :blush: but I do think thats a bit crap!! not very thoughful, anyone can shove a fiver in a card, much prefer to pick out a nice small present, but no way would I spend £15 on a school friends present.....unless I know his/her mam of course!

£5 generally at primary school age, used to get things in sales or bogof/3 for 2 deals to put away too.

I always found my daughters got loads of thoughtful gifts but my son got mostly money!

At our toddler group they have a party for each childs birthday and there's a limt of 5 pound for a present. X

£10 although if i can get something that looks nice for less i will. I also sometime multi buy & buy in advance to get better deals x

^^^^^^ This.

My budget is £5! Im sorry, but my kids get invited to so many parties that i literally cant afford anymore!
We've had a party every single weekend for about 6 weeks now!!

£5-10 here too but i try to get things on the cheap so they get more for less. Poundland, homebargains etc have some good craft stuff for mega cheap and books etc

around £5 for school/nursery friends, £10 for my friends children, and around £20 for younger family members x

Im soft! I hate to look cheap, but it'll be £5 in a card in future!

I think that £5 is okay when it is not a particularly close friend. ELC offers are always good to buy and put away. If you have a Costco card they have some brilliant sticker books which are £9.99 in Smiths for £4.99. The Card Factory for cards too.

In sainsburys and tescos, they have cards from 25p! I always get the unisex 25p cards, they are fab!
I was really worried to buy them but they arent flimsy n shitty looking at all!

If i knew them about £10-£15 if its a random.child about £5-£8

It used to be between £5 and £10 but I've found as they've got older it's around £15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->