Pretty sure I'm gonna lose my shit today....

Yeah, definitely get in that pool if you can. I've done yoga regularly for years, and it's great, but it's hard work when there's the extra pregnancy weight, etc. Water just can't be beat in pregnancy, especially at this stage, because it takes the pressure off of your muscles and joints.

You don't even have to swim laps or anything (though you could if you wanted to). Hanging off the side and doing some light kicking, or even just floating, will be very helpful. Also, walking back and forth in the shallow end, swiveling your hips, doing some light stretches; basically anything where you're moving your body around (especially hips) without the added pressure of gravity. If your hips are loose enough, frog kicks are great. I also do a lot of yoga stretches in the shallow end; lunges, hamstring stretches, shoulder stretches. Even just hanging out in the water without doing anything will be beneficial. Sorry, you got me started on my favorite topic and I've written a novel here, but I seriously think this is how I've stayed pain-free this long.

Anyway, hope you're feeling better today! And if you feel like, financially, you can take off work, don't feel guilty! You're basically on the verge of giving birth, and at a certain point, you need to take care of yourself and let the other grown-ups at your job take care of things there. They will manage. That's the conclusion I came to for myself, anyway; I didn't want to go straight from being exhausted from work, to giving birth, to caring for a newborn. So I'm taking a break :)

Thanks for the suggestions!!! I'm definitely going to see about it this weekend!!

If I haven't given birth by Monday when I have my next Dr appointment I may see if he can write me off of work so it won't cut into my maternity leave time. Because I am definitely exhausted and would love to just SLEEP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->