Private scan gave more questions than answers...

Kyliem87

Mummy of 1 Princess
Reaction score
I'm meant to be about 7+3 and had a scan last Tuesday due to bleeding. A scan showed a 1.2mm gestational sac. I had a private scan today and the scan has posed more questions than answers. It's now measuring around 21mm which is roughly 7 weeks - which is perfect growth from the last scan! But there's still no yolk sac or fetal pole. I also have little 'white dots' inside the gestational sac which apparently shouldn't be there and are most likely pools of blood :( although two of those 'pools' look like what *could* be a yolk sac (bottom right hand corner of attached pic) so I'm really no further forward :( I'm 70% sure this is a failed pregnancy but I still think there's that 30% chance everything will be ok

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 40
Oh sweetie, so sorry you didn't see what you wanted. When is your next scan? Fingers crossed you will see a little bean Xxx

Do you have a tilted uterus? I was reading another thread on here awhile back from someone who had a tilted uterus and nothing showed up on the ultrasounds for awhile. I'm hoping you find something!

Kate - I can't believe I'm in the same boat again :( I have another scan at the hospital on Tuesday so will see what that one shows and take it from there <3

Rebecca - I do have a tilted uterus :) so that's my only hope right now is that it's just hiding somewhere out of sight and will hopefully catch up so to speak. I'm so confused by the blood pockets etc though

:flow:

Was the scan vaginal or abdominal? An abdominal scan might not pick up the fetal pole and yolk sac at this point, especially if you have a tilted uterus. At least Tuesday isn't too far away, and hopefully you will get some answers.

Blood would not come up white on an ultrasound. Cokes up black!

I just had a scan today and I also have a tilted uterus. They eventually had to do a transvaginal scan to pick up the heartbeat.

I hope Tuesday goes well for you!

Mummyconfused - the scan technician told me it was blood pockets which show up as echo sounds which bounce back as the white bits - apparently cause it's inside the sac which is already black the echo comes back as white and that other than a baby/yolk there shouldn't be anything inside the sac...

Bea - they've done transvaginal scans and they still show no baby/yolk. The abdominal scan didn't show anything but the internal one showed the blood pockets

:flow:

Hugs hun I really hope that its your tilted uterus hiding baby and that your scan on Tuesday has a happy outcome. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->