Puppies

What gorgeous pups you all have.

I have a 10 month old staffordshire bull terrier who is so well behaved bless her.

at home who is the 'master' and who feeds him etc.. is it usually your OH who walks him, or you? usually pulling for one owner but not another isnt to do with the dog knowing that one is physically weaker than the other, but more to do with the fact that in general, one is seen as the master, and the other isnt. you should find that some general obedience at home from you, and less from hub and things might improve.. have you heard of the NILF (nothing in life is free) method?

I usually feed him and generally spend more time with him as I'm a SAHM and DH works full time. DH is the only one who can walk him now, especially as I'm pregnant now and can't have him pull me everywhere.

Not heard of that method, what is it?

Thanks for all the help btw, I appreciate it :)

We have a one year old half beagle half black lab named Sadie. We got her from the humane society.
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/jennypenny42/002-2.jpg

We also just got a new black lab puppy. She's 3 months old this week. Her name is Paisely.
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/jennypenny42/008-1.jpg
-Paisely is on the left.

NILF is a fab way of gently introducing status to your dogs routine.. i swear by it! in the doggy world, the boss rarely needs to reinforce it by shouting and making a scene, which is were we humans usually go wrong. its all subtle little signals, that they all understand and accept, and live happily by! its kind of long to get into on here, but if you google it, you will find loads of good info about how to introduce it to your daily routine. we just do it without thinkiing now, and bailey has lovely manners as a result! as with any training at all, consistency is the key, so you need to make sure that you, as a family, establish some 'house rules' and you all stick by them, as our dogs are smarter than we give them credit for, and will seek out any little weaknesses and play on them!
any questions at all just ask!

this one seems quite good..
https://www.pets.ca/articles/article-dog_nilf.htm
https://www.terrificpets.com/articles/102212265.asp

my dog hunts cats... its quite a nightmare trying to walk him around the houses because theres so many of the things. Its a nightmare when he sees one. He goes mad. I think its called baying(sp?) so embarrasing everyone just stops and looks.

if anyone has a miracle cure for cat hunting I would be very grateful!

my dog hunts cats... its quite a nightmare trying to walk him around the houses because theres so many of the things. Its a nightmare when he sees one. He goes mad. I think its called baying(sp?) so embarrasing everyone just stops and looks.

Wish i could give advice but my dogs are so daft they cant sniff out a cat for toffee! I once walked my Boxer and there was a cat on the edge of the kerb in full view and Maddy didnt even see it :dohh:

My staffy is usually being dragged along on the split lead that she doesnt get a chance to see them lol.

this my dog Bandit he was 15 weeks in this picture :cloud9:

and second one is recently at 15months:cloud9:

Attachments

• DSC00048.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3

Wish i could give advice but my dogs are so daft they cant sniff out a cat for toffee! I once walked my Boxer and there was a cat on the edge of the kerb in full view and Maddy didnt even see it :dohh:

My staffy is usually being dragged along on the split lead that she doesnt get a chance to see them lol.

my staffy is best mates with next doors cat!! its so cute!

oh, theyre all so cute! Makes me want another one now! lol! They dont stay small for long do they? I heard once that great danes double in size every month for the 1st 6 months, n i reckon thats not far from the truth!

Guess who I'm picking up this afternoon! I'll post some new pics of her later, must remember camera! I'm so so so excited! My new puppy!

Ahhh...hope he settles in quick for you......

Well, she's here! :)

Jolene hasn't let me sleep in past 4 am yet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Who's idea was it to get a puppy?!? :blush: Mine I guess.

I have a 7 month old golden cocker spanial called Marley. We got all her injections done etc then started puppy school when she was 13 weeks old and it was the best thing we ever did. She got loads of interaction with other puppies and we got loads of useful information. What I would say is from day 1 let them know you are boss, you eat before them, go out the house before them (even when going to the garden). We got a crate which has been a very good investment, she is hardly in it now but was at night times when we first got her.

We also got a cat treat ball - where you put treats in and leave a hole in the ball, as they play with the ball the treats fall out. Marley loves this, about once or twice a weeks she will get either some treats or part of her dinner in it.

Hope you are having fun with your new puppy.

i got a nutty puppy, Aisha is a german shepherd x staffy. shes a little odd ball staffy short coat and colouring but she's lean and tall lol!!

the image of her in hubbys arms is from her first night with us shes about 6weeks there,
then a the other 2 are of her now at 6months

https://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt146/MissyMojo/aishababes/th_07062009167.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 28052009106.jpg
    28052009106.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2
Im getting my puppy in a couple of weeks, a patterdale terrier called Bronson. he will be my OH's, ive got a yorkie called bobby and hes 1, hes fab i love him to bits, very tame, never bitten dont even think he knows how, plays with Lilly all the time hes fab, he only weights 6lbs hes tiny. he also sleeps in the bed, and when we get up, he stays there asleep lol! but he is properly trained and in the bed through my choice x

Im getting my puppy in a couple of weeks, a patterdale terrier called Bronson. he will be my OH's, ive got a yorkie called bobby and hes 1, hes fab i love him to bits, very tame, never bitten dont even think he knows how, plays with Lilly all the time hes fab, he only weights 6lbs hes tiny. he also sleeps in the bed, and when we get up, he stays there asleep lol! but he is properly trained and in the bed through my choice x

How lovely, I grew up with a patterdale terrier - they're beautiful. Very fond memories!

Me and my OH just got a jack russell puppy. He's nearly 13 weeks and is absolutely adorable. I get so proud when he learns new things - like 'paw' or 'lie down'! Haha I'm easily impressed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->