• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

pushing it here. anyone else over 45?

Desperado I am so sad to read your news hun. I wrote a post on your thread.
Big hugs hun and cyber shoulder here for you.

I was on Citilopram but weaned myself off it before TTC. This was my decision though and wasn't specifically advised to do so by my GP. I can understand your reluctance to come off your tablets because the withdrawal if not managed properly is very unpleasant.

When I could feel myself going downhill again during early pregnancy, I went back to my GP and asked if I could go back on the tablets and she said no. She felt it was too risky to start on medication while being pregnant; if I was already on them, then that would have been different. She arranged counselling for me instead but would have prescribed something as a last resort.

Baileysmommy gave me this link, which I found helpful:
(great article on anti depressants by mayo health https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ant...ssants/DN00007 )

I know there are lots of women who conceive naturally and go on to have healthy babies even though they are on antidepressants but it doesn't stop you from worrying!

Hi ladies

Hope you don't mind me butting in but I've been lurking and following the convo about anti-depressants. I've been on Seroxat for the past 4 or 5 years. A low dose, 20mg, but it works wonders for me as I'm naturally low in serotonin and suffer with a lot of anxiety and depression as a result. My doc once remarked that it was like giving insulin to a diabetic :)

I'm concerned about its effects on ttc and pregnancy though. I heard some time back that it had been linked to heart defects in children, although this was rare. Have any of you been advised to wean yourselves off when ttc? I have yet to speak to my dispensing doc about it. I'm dreading coming off it as the withdrawals are unpleasant, and I know my anxiety symptoms will return with a vengeance. I'm a much more pleasant and reasonable person will taking them lol :)

I was on Citilopram but weaned myself off it before TTC. This was my decision though and wasn't specifically advised to do so by my GP. I can understand your reluctance to come off your tablets because the withdrawal if not managed properly is very unpleasant.

When I could feel myself going downhill again during early pregnancy, I went back to my GP and asked if I could go back on the tablets and she said no. She felt it was too risky to start on medication while being pregnant; if I was already on them, then that would have been different. She arranged counselling for me instead but would have prescribed something as a last resort.

Baileysmommy gave me this link, which I found helpful:
(great article on anti depressants by mayo health https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ant...ssants/DN00007 )

I know there are lots of women who conceive naturally and go on to have healthy babies even though they are on antidepressants but it doesn't stop you from worrying!

Hi ladies

Hope you don't mind me butting in but I've been lurking and following the convo about anti-depressants. I've been on Seroxat for the past 4 or 5 years. A low dose, 20mg, but it works wonders for me as I'm naturally low in serotonin and suffer with a lot of anxiety and depression as a result. My doc once remarked that it was like giving insulin to a diabetic :)

I'm concerned about its effects on ttc and pregnancy though. I heard some time back that it had been linked to heart defects in children, although this was rare. Have any of you been advised to wean yourselves off when ttc? I have yet to speak to my dispensing doc about it. I'm dreading coming off it as the withdrawals are unpleasant, and I know my anxiety symptoms will return with a vengeance. I'm a much more pleasant and reasonable person will taking them lol :)

Thanks Ruth,

Actually I've taken the decision to wean off. My doc said it was a matter of weighing up risks versus benefits, and that stress hormones are also potentially damaging to a foetus, and that pregnancy itself can be very stressful.

I agree with him up to a point, but I feel that a drug, which is an artificial substance, is a different matter and can have all sorts of unexpected and unintended consequences. The only other thing that helps with natural anxiety is lots of exercise, so I guess I'll be back on the treadmill with a vengeance for the next while lol :) What worried me most specifically is finding out that paroxetine causes withdrawal in the newborn infant if it's taken in the last trimester. I know how unpleasant withdrawals from this drug are, and it's the LAST thing I'd want to inflict on a baby :(

Well today I started taking co-enzyme Q10. It is a dose of 100mg daily. I am hoping it may make some difference. I have read though that it can take up to 3 months to have beneficial effect on follies that are forming as it takes 3 months for an egg to mature to the point of ovulation.
My HPTs were back to a clear BFN 10 days after the D&C and I have a line starting on the OPKs. Here's hoping we get our miracle if not this month then in 3 months time.

O judy,am so excited for u good luck lovely,I will be praying for you ,also heard of a Pill called paradox,u get it at boots,it's supposed to be great for egg quality ,am starting it next month with royal jelly,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello and we are in similar situations. I am 47 have children but just didn't feel "done" so after 7 years I hace decided to try once more. Not exactly sure what my FSH is at this point, I did do a home fertility anf was still fertile last year. I am currently 5 dpo, looking forward to testing soon..i have had my share of losses during my years of ttc, one loss was a baby who was 29 days old . I am sorry for youre losses and hope you get your bfp son!!!! Good luck to you.

Christi

Hello and we are in similar situations. I am 47 have children but just didn't feel "done" so after 7 years I hace decided to try once more. Not exactly sure what my FSH is at this point, I did do a home fertility anf was still fertile last year. I am currently 5 dpo, looking forward to testing soon..i have had my share of losses during my years of ttc, one loss was a baby who was 29 days old . I am sorry for youre losses and hope you get your bfp son!!!! Good luck to you.

Christi

So sorry for your losses Hun and good luck on getting a sticky bfp,xxxxx

Anything to help egg quality or :spermy: does take 3 months to have full affect but I'm sure it starts to have some effect from day 1 :thumbup:

Despie is paradox the omega 3,6 & 9 tablet? I was wondering about changing to that when my omega 3 runs out in a month or so :) I've seen it on eBay a couple of £ cheaper than Boots but not much cheaper :)

Sorry for jumpin in here, but just wanted to reply to Macwooly. Yes paradox is omega 3,6,9. My fertility Dr told me to go on it, which I did in January and when I had ivf last month, I produced 8 eggs, 5 of which fertilised and were amazing embryos. The embryologist and my consultant were really surprised at the quality of them. Unfortunately they didn't stick but i'm sure that's because of my lining being too thin. Am trying acupuncture and chinese meds to help uterine lining now as well. I would definitely recommend Paradox. It helps stop environmental damage to DNA of the egg. And you're right it probably does take 3 months to work fully. Good luck to all xx

Thanks Donna :thumbup: I've just order some Paradox and once it arrives I'll stop taking my straight forward Omega 3 and start that :)

Yes wooly,it was Donna that kindly informed me about them,:hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies {{hugs}} First I want to encourage everyone who is TTC, I have one late life blessing already (age 8) conceived naturally at 43 she is the joy of my life :) I had not been dx'd at that time so approached as a normal pregnancy - but shortly after (while breastfeeding) began having lupus symptoms including cns and brain involvement :/ In hindsight she's a miracle as APAS (one of the antibodies) can cause miscarriages. I have stayed in good physical condition. Have been on a number of medications for the past 5 years due to acquired anemia and thyroid conditions etc--have only had 2 periods in the past year, but FSH test levels were normal indicating not in menopause yet (scratches head) So I'm like in this No Woman's Land lol. My last LMP (second this year) was 6/18/11, would be about 8 dpo and actually wondering now if I could possibly be pg at 51 (?!) Exhausted, peeing (and now eating) alot, alot of cm, sudden wild sex drive (? geez tmi sorry!) and the girls/tatas (nipples) unusually sore. And while I've never had a hot flash in my *life* now experiencing major heat waves here... wt.. so confused... oh nice to meet all of you (blushing...) thx to anyone reading this ramble and for anyone laughing at the idea
:haha:
remember SARAH had the last laugh!! (Gen 18:12) God bless you, and be encouraged!!!

...oh... not sure I'm in the right place (sheepish grin) so if not, please kindly redirect me! Thx again :)

Hi ladies {{hugs}} First I want to encourage everyone who is TTC, I have one late life blessing already (age 8) conceived naturally at 43 she is the joy of my life :) I had not been dx'd at that time so approached as a normal pregnancy - but shortly after (while breastfeeding) began having lupus symptoms including cns and brain involvement :/ In hindsight she's a miracle as APAS (one of the antibodies) can cause miscarriages. I have stayed in good physical condition. Have been on a number of medications for the past 5 years due to acquired anemia and thyroid conditions etc--have only had 2 periods in the past year, but FSH test levels were normal indicating not in menopause yet (scratches head) So I'm like in this No Woman's Land lol. My last LMP (second this year) was 6/18/11, would be about 8 dpo and actually wondering now if I could possibly be pg at 51 (?!) Exhausted, peeing (and now eating) alot, alot of cm, sudden wild sex drive (? geez tmi sorry!) and the girls/tatas (nipples) unusually sore. And while I've never had a hot flash in my *life* now experiencing major heat waves here... wt.. so confused... oh nice to meet all of you (blushing...) thx to anyone reading this ramble and for anyone laughing at the idea
remember SARAH had the last laugh!! (Gen 18:12) God bless you, and be encouraged!!!

Hi and thank you for sharing the story of your LO and your situation :thumbup:

Your story and the reminder of Sarah's story really is an inspiration to me that God will bless me in his time as long as I put my trust in him and love him :)

I really am hoping your current symptoms are an indication you are being blessed again and pray you will have a happy, healthy and full term pregnancy if you are being blessed :flower:

Hi and thank you for sharing the story of your LO and your situation :thumbup:

Your story and the reminder of Sarah's story really is an inspiration to me that God will bless me in his time as long as I put my trust in him and love him :)

I really am hoping your current symptoms are an indication you are being blessed again and pray you will have a happy, healthy and full term pregnancy if you are being blessed :flower:

:hug: Thank you so much for your kind words and warm thoughts! :kiss: I feel very hopeful and trust that you too will have your blessing in "due" time His timing is perfect! :angel: Take care of yourself.... and if I can ever figure out how to pm you I will! :blush: :biggrin:

I had hot flashes with my last two pregnancies. Have ya done a test?? We would all be jumping for joy if you are!

I had hot flashes with my last two pregnancies. Have ya done a test?? We would all be jumping for joy if you are!

Thanks for sharing that info :) Have seen a few reporting similar symptoms when I search internet due to hormonal changes I guess Anyway thought I prolly oughta wait til at least Fri (11 or 12 dpo?) I couldn't be more hopeful for you though Garnet--esp if someone w all of *these* (current health) issues can!
:hugs:

Thanks Inidigo & Desperado :hug: :hugs: :kiss: I do realize this is like ridiculously wayyyy early to even be having any kind of symptom I swear I must be losing it!! Prolly just paranoid re being on medications... I would def need to find this out asap. Come on already Friday... think that is the soonest I could hope to find anything out.

:bunny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->