Q. What's worse than a moody baby? A...

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
Moody DH!

Sorry, little bit of a rant here whilst he's in the other room!

I had a go at him earlier because he got annoyed he had to help me do some cleaning today. He's never moaned about it in the past (smaller flat to big house) and it really got to me!
Before Amelie was born I really thought he was gonna be more hands on, always wanting to give her attention n help look after her but to be honest, I feel like a single mum 90% of the time. What's more tragic is that my mum picked up on this and commented about it today :( it made me really sad. So I told the shit head... and he went into major sulk mode.

Good god... give me a crying baby any day!

Aw :hugs:

Despite the tough guy act men can be so sensitive sometimes can't they?

What do you mean, he had to help you do the cleaning? The cleaning needs doing, it's exactly 50:50 responsibility! It's not your job that he 'helps' with. Or doesn't.
Yeah I agree, give me a moody baby (or stropping toddler) over a sulking man anyday!

:hugs:

Was just reading a similair thread in 'the girly sanctuary'

Seems there are lots in the same situation :hugs:

Yeah... I knew a few could relate.
I know i'm probably getting a better deal than most. That silent time earlier gave him a lot to think about - he's out washing bottles n doing the washing up without me having to ask first! It does wind me up though. If I ask him to look after LO whilst I go do some sort of cleaning/sorting out he props the poor kid on his knee whilst he goes on the internet. I have to ask him to feed her, change her, entertain her (this one especially). I bath her and put her to bed, whenever she's left with him for more than 5 minutes she ends up crying best part of the time. I cook, clean, put washing on, hang washing up, iron, do bottles (he does do this when asked, again - asking!!!)

Ugh. Someone get me a new one.

It's giving you practice for a moody teenager!!!

Men don't need to clean as apparently they don't create any mess, or so they would have you believe!

Shove a broom up his ass hun, so when he walks off in a sulk, at least he can sweep the floor and do something useful along the way!!

xx

Men don't need to clean as apparently they don't create any mess, or so they would have you believe!

Shove a broom up his ass hun, so when he walks off in a sulk, at least he can sweep the floor and do something useful along the way!!

xx

lmao!!! you've made my day with the broom bit :haha:

I have to ask DH too. If I ask him to do the bottles he will, but it takes multiple requests. If I say I'll do something like the washing up he says "no, I'll do it". Then it sits there until I just do it while he's a work :nope:

He loves the phrases "in a minute" or "I'll just"...

I do have to remind him to entertain LO. If she's awake he just holds her and if she's asleep he'll put her down.

Then he wonders why she'll settle better with me :dohh: I told him last night it's because she's used to me and that he needs to spend more quality time with her so she wants him too. It is nice that LO likes to be with me - but I would like to be able to pass her to someone when she's older without a tantrum!

I have to ask DH too. If I ask him to do the bottles he will, but it takes multiple requests. If I say I'll do something like the washing up he says "no, I'll do it". Then it sits there until I just do it while he's a work :nope:

He loves the phrases "in a minute" or "I'll just"...

I do have to remind him to entertain LO. If she's awake he just holds her and if she's asleep he'll put her down.

Then he wonders why she'll settle better with me :dohh: I told him last night it's because she's used to me and that he needs to spend more quality time with her so she wants him too. It is nice that LO likes to be with me - but I would like to be able to pass her to someone when she's older without a tantrum!

Yes!! This pretty much sums up my DH too! The ultimate procrastinator.. his mother reckons it's genetic n comes from his dad :/ what a load of crap!

:dohh:

xx

I love this, DH insists that none of the mess is his... Even though i've just taken his trainers out the lounge taken his coffee cup from this morning into the kitchen, lost count of the amount of times I clear down the sides where he seems to think is the living place for basically anything he has in his hand at the time..Allen keys, screwdriver, torch, etc!!

But if I leave a buttery knife on the side while im catching a quick slice of toast between chasing after LO i'm the messiest person to have lived!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->