QOTD: When will you stop working?

I would love to be a SAHM, will try and go part time and just work 3 days a week....maybe even 2 to start with. Will have a year off before going back at all. x

With Evelyn I worked up until the day before my due date; my blood pressure spiked so my OB signed me off work to try and get it under control and my Short Term Disability company agreed. I went back to work for about three weeks, then had to leave due to my husband's military career. I'm currently a SAHM for her first year while my husband is away training. Hoping for a Work From Home position so I can still spend some time with the family as we move all over the place!

I plan on leaving 2 weeks before I'm due, because as I live out the way I need to go into hospital 2 weeks before :( then I plan on being a sahm.... but when I day sahm I mean I will be doing my bfs paperwork for his business, changeovers for at least two houses, and working code myself a couple of evenings a week.... so I suppose I won't actually be a sahm but it means I won't need to pay childcare costs

Depends on when its unsafe to no longer work (carer) but was hoping between 34-36 weeks :)

& will be going back too :)

I have to stop doing my job the day I find out I'm pregnant :happydance: and then I get to stay at home until I've had my first scan, after that I will go back 4 days a week for just 2 or 3 hours a day to do admin work of which there is very little so it's more like a social.

Then I will probably 'work' until quite late, take my maternity leave and then resign so I can be a SAHM :)

It makes me feel ill how little maternity leave the ladies in the US get xx

I started mat leave at 35 and a bit weeks with DD (tagged holidays on to each end though so I had 10 months off in total, 9 months mat leave and 1 month holidays) and I plan to work until at least that point this time, preferably later! I went 12 days overdue with DD and I got a bit bored to be honest and wished i'd stayed at work another 2-3 weeks. I only work 3 days a week now so if my next pregnancy goes OK I hope to work until 37 or 38 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->