Question about movement - strange

MiissDior

Mommy of 3(1 in heaven)
Reaction score

I had a post wrote and soon as i clicked submit my laptop crashed :growlmad:
anyhow...basically what i was tryna say was......

past few weeks my babys movements have changed to more shuffles and rolls, wriggles, shakes pokes etc... nomore big kicks..

But past 4days hes been v.quiet.. soo last nite i kinda got a lil worked up n worried so calmed myself down and decided to sit and just concentrate on moves well i lifted up my top put my hands on my bump and i could feel him moving under my hands and seen my bump move and shake etc then after waiting for a while with nothing happening... but couldnt feel them very strong and deffo wudnt have noticed them only for i was really tuned in and counting..

I have noticed this now past couple days that when am lying, or sitting in certain postions i only feel the Moves, and they alot less stronger than they usually was.. sorta scary to think i can see them and only feel certain ones when im concentrating

But i know as soon as i go up to hosp and they stick the CTG on he goes mental... and i get all embarrased cus hes a completly different baby once them machines go on, he does be non stop.. but generally when am home, hes very relaxed n lazy n quiet, never has been one of the crazy hyper ones

ANYONE else getting similar with feeling and seen movement and change of movement?

im just sorta looking for reassurance i guess :( as its only 50days if my deleivery date goes ahead and im getting very scared now of losing him like i lost my lil girl :cry: and so basically looking for any similar experiences at this stage xxx

I see all the movement these days, though mine is an extremely active baby and movements have been painful throughout. I've had a couple of times when she's been quiet all day which has had me worried, but we bought a doppler early on and using that means I can at least hear her heartbeat's fine....and typically just after that she kicks off again :) If you haven't got one already, perhaps you could get a doppler too?

Cold or fizzy drinks and eating tend to cause more activity in most babies. It's easy to say don't worry, but you certainly shouldn't feel embarrassed by going and getting checked out each and every time you're concerned.

try not to worry hun, im exactly the same. For about 4 weeks now, my lo has been kicking less and less, and more rolling about, shaking, and moving. It is just because as they get bigger they have less room to kick as much, and the actual movements become stronger.

Quite often, if I lift up my top, I can see bubs moving about and my tummy rippling, but cant always feel it very much. Its weird, but I think its where they are moving across the placenta, so you can see it but not feel it. Hope that makes sense, but everything you have said is perfectly normal :) :hugs: xx

Snoopy
Thanks for reply.. :flower:

i have a doppler.. have since 13wks..
been my only sanity so far:) but dont like relying on that for reassurance esp when comes to movement, cus he does be hard to pin down on doppler for reading, even consultant scans me now every 2nd week to check h/b instead of using doppler cus lo is soo stubborn he just turns away from doppler every time its put there to listen :blush:
he can be caught eventually but hes stubborn and wont sit still that Long

I dont think anyones baby wud have a patch on mine for stubborness lol
fizzy drinks, sweets, ice cold water, baths , music etc... nothing but the CTG machine budges him when he doesnt want to move lol...

he is moving about today but only for am sitting resting up, with one hand on bump most of the time and top jus rolled up i wudn be noticing the half of them, im going into town in a while and gaurantee i wont feel/notice anythin until im back home later tonight and resting up again.. its weird how iv to be relaxed to feel the movement xx

Kayleigh

THANKYOU OMGGG...:hugs:
thats exactly what hes at in there , at the mo actually..
can feel him gently moving and can see it on my belly but not as
strong as it used to be .. must just be the stage we are at :flower:

some days he has MASSIVE strong Rolling movement and leaves me breathless
and then days like this 4days in a row now hes just gently shuffling and rolling and poking and has to be convinced to move at times...

thanks for reply chick xx

Baby is probably lying with his back to the world, all you'll feel is a small bit of movement. As long as you're getting 10 moves of any type in 12 hours I personally wouldn't worry.

My baby recently changed from front facing to side facing and the reduction in the amount I feel even with that is huge. The bigger he gets the more I feel the moves though.

Hope that helps!

Well, in that case it sounds like you've got a right little trouble-maker on your hands then :p

Assuming he hasn't turned yet, you'll probably find you can feel more movements again once that happens :) Otherwise, you keep going to get checked when you're worried...it's what they're there for, and you've got every reason to be cautious given your little girl (I'm so sorry to hear about that btw). Far better to be shown up by little man dancing at the hospital than stress yourself out! :D

Kayleigh

THANKYOU OMGGG...:hugs:
thats exactly what hes at in there , at the mo actually..
can feel him gently moving and can see it on my belly but not as
strong as it used to be .. must just be the stage we are at :flower:

some days he has MASSIVE strong Rolling movement and leaves me breathless
and then days like this 4days in a row now hes just gently shuffling and rolling and poking and has to be convinced to move at times...

thanks for reply chick xx

Its totally normal hun. Im sure as our lo's put on a lil bit more weight, we will start feeling the movements aswell as seeing them. Its totally weird though how things can be seen but not felt!!

If you think about it, theyre getting pretty cramped in there now, its no wonder we dont get the kicks like we did at like 22 weeks. I still cant imagine how a 3lb baby can fit in my tummy lol. :haha:

As long as your lo is moving hun, dont worry :hugs: xxx

My little ones movements have slowed down and are starting to get painful when I do have them!

ShellysBelly
Thankyou:flower:

was thinking myself he cud be facing inwards or iwards sideways of you get me
aww getting movement just lil monkey doing them in a different way , move lil wriggles and shakes

Snoopy
Thankyou , really apprecaite it :flower:
yeap am beginning to think the same, he deffo knows how to make me worry the cheeky lil Monkey.. but thankfully my MW and consultant are very understanding and tolerating so they dont mind looking at me so often lol.. just i feel soo stupid :blush:

kayleigh&bump
yeah very strange but must be normal then of your getting the same
and your same stage as me so thats reassuring :hugs:

I do wonder how they fit in there too :shock: and to think they do get bigger is unreal, i just cant imagine it lol xxxx

My little ones like this aswell. He has a mad day or 2 then calms down for about a week. I still feel him rolling around but rarely have big kicks now. And i can watch my belly moving around but not feel the majority of them! x

Think its just normal by looks of it mine has changed i dont get full on kicks anymore i just get rolls or wiggles and prodes lol and pushing on my cervix which i really dont like :haha: .. my LO seems to move more when something irrates him lol if i have my dressing gown on and i have to have the tie bit at the top of my bump now lol but he doesnt like that near him tightly lol but i my belly looks like a water bed half the time when he goes on his hyper for abit lol and i know what you mean about youll feel stupid if you go to the hospital and tell them and he behaves himself and everything looks perfect! whenever i go to the midwife i tell her i havent feelt much movement and she looks for his heartbeat and he kicks her where ever she trys to listen lol makes me feel silly :haha: hope your alright :hugs: xx

Thank you for this thread. As they say all babies are different. I think I have a lazy baby. Some days there are lots of kicks and others nothing. Like you my movements changed just the other day. DH and I went to a concert and I think it freaked the LO out. I went from lots of kicks on my right side to nothing. Finally, about 24 hours later I started feeling the occasional dull thud down low. I guess he/she decided to hunker down and then change positions because today the movements are more on the left side. I am just so ready to have this baby here so I can see for myself that he/she is OK. Of course I'm sure I'll still worry even once the baby is here. Suppose that is just natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->