Question about OH being Best Man at a wedding update pg#5

My OH paid for his suit last year, he was a best man. it was £85. but he has worn it since about 5 times i think to various events, weddings, christenings etc x

If my OH wasn't invited to my best friend's wedding, I plain wouldn't go. Anybody who treats him like shit is treating me like shit. So pathetic of them :nope:

I'm not sure of the rules around paying for outfits. At my friend's wedding, she's paying for my bridesmaid dress. Imo, if they want you to wear something specific, then they can pay for it

Did your oh not discuss this suit issue with the groom earlier on?
We are getting married next summer and I have already told my bridal party that we will be buying the outfits, , saying that its quite common for the wedding party to pay for their own outfit so I wanted to make that clear when we asked them to be in the wedding.
As for you not being invited that is ridiculous and your oh should say something!

It's not unusual for the best man to be expected to buy his own suit but if that's the case he should also be able to choose how much he spends imo. My dad has 2 best men so it's not that weird. As for you not being invited - that really sucks and how awkward for your OH! But from her point of view I get it and don't really think it's fair that she should have to have people she doesn't like there on her big day. When/if I get married I won't be inviting some people from my own family, not everyone will like it but it should be a positive experience for me and my OH. It's your OH's job to speak up if it's that much of an issue.

Hubbys best man paid for his own suit. They went shopping for the suits together and eventually agreed on the same suit. He refused a few DH liked on the principle he wanted to buy a suit he could wear again (which is fair enough!).
Sucks that you're not invited though, that's really rude!

Well, there has been a development. My bestie wrote a fb status about me not being invited lol and from this the grooms sister sent me a private message saying how me and the kids defo have been invited because she has spoken to her mum and brother about it.

Turns out the groom is just as shocked as everyone else about me and my kids not receiving an invitation. The bride sorted all of the invites on her own and has maliciously addressed it to just OH and is now playing dumb saying she must have just missed out names offf (lol) funny how everyone elses invites have both partners and all childrens names written on them but just so happens to be ours that isnt! She has done it on purpose to make it look like I just wouldnt turn up to the wedding. Grooms mum has just been round here in shock at how the bride has behaved and very embarrassed for her son.

Im not going anyway as I have made other plans now but she couldnt even pay me to go near that wedding now lol, wouldnt wanna waste a day of my life there!

Oh wow awkward, do they all know that you two don't get on so they know it's obvious it wasn't a mistake?

They're choosing to get married and involve people in their wedding, they should pay for it, I'm sorry, but nobody is forcing them to get married. We got married nearly 11 years ago, when I was a student and on such a tiny shoestring budget but I wouldn't have expected hubby's best man and my maid of honor to buy their own outfits that WE had chosen :wacko:

If you were malicious I'd say to tell your OH when people at the wedding ask him if he's married etc, you should get him to tell them there was some confusion with the invites and his wife and children were missed off. People will pick up on the subtle hint :winkwink: Like most respectful people though, you're obviously not malicious enough to do something like this, unlike the bride who has acted childish and very disrespectfully towards your OH and her own in fact, considering that's his best friend :growlmad:

She sounds like a right piece of work! Hope you have a fab evening :)

We're asking OH's best men to pay for their suits, and OH had to pay for his when he was best man at his friends wedding too. It's not too uncommon, weddings are expensive. This was to hire though, and about £80.

I do think it's awful that you're not invited though.

Wow what a gem hes found himself there, i feel really sorry for the groom i was about to say how did he feel about the no invite thing.

If I was the groom I'd be quite worried about the woman I was marrying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->