question for those who don't drink tea or coffee

Wriggley

Reaction score
Do you still buy it

Neither me or oh drink tea or coffee and nether do any of our friends when they come over

the only people who drink it is my mum and mil.

my mum just drinks what we have in but mil I have to tell her if she wants a cuppa she will have to bring enough for the amount of cups she will want whilst she is here

she often complains that we should still buy it in for guests but she is the only one who drinks coffee and will only drink nescafe

It was only yesterday that she realised she can't complain because she don't buy milk because she don't drink it so always tells us to bring milk if we going to want some lol

so do you buy tea and coffee if you don't drink it and would you buy it if only one person who comes round drinks it?

I don't drink tea but I always have tea bags in the cupboards for guests, they don't cost much and pretty much just sit there until someone comes over and wants a cup of tea. I'd hate not to have any tea or coffee in for guests! I would probably just buy a jar of coffee and put it in the cupboard for when she comes over, shouldn't really be a big deal, although it's a bit awkward if someone will only have one particular brand of tea or coffee. X

I don't really drink tea and I only drink coffee when out and about from places like Costa :lol: but yeah I still buy it in.

We drink it and I think I would def have it in the home for guests even if we didn't

I don't drink it but all ways have it in for guest. We keep fruit tea bags normal tea bags defcaf coffee and coffee and filter coffee. I'd be so embarrassed to ask guests to bring it them sell.

I only drink tea and my OH doesn't drink either but I do buy coffee to have in for guests. I tend to buy whichever is on offer though, rather than a specific brand.

I don't drink either, but I have tea and coffee in at all times. Partly cos my OH comes over most days, and pretty much lives on coffee, but partly cos I have really pretty tea, coffee and sugar jars :blush:

Neither of us drink tea and coffee but I have it in for when anyone comes over.

Yes I would because it's such a common thing for people to drink, although I wouldn't buy Nescafe so I'd tell her to jog on if she insisted on that :rofl:

I don't drink tea but I keep it in the house for guests.

Yeah we always had it in for my parents and inlaws when we lived alone.

I tend not to drink coffee but always have it in just in case!

I think or someone like your mum, it's fine being comfortable to tell her to bring her own, but for other guests it may seem a bit inhospitable :haha:

xo

We rarely drink normal black tea but i keep it in. For guests and just incase we have random visitors like plumbers builders ect.

Hubby drinks tea, I don't drink either, but we always have coffee in for guests and workmen etc, if hubby didn't drink tea we would have tea bags. It's not a lot of effort having a jar in when we always have milk and sugar anyways, I'd feel so embarrassed to have someone over and not be able to offer tea or coffee.

It's shop brand though haha.

i just never think to buy it when we go shopping :/ all our friends drink soft drinks so it's only for my mum and mil but it's pointless buying coffee because mil refuses to drink anything other than nescafe! We are on a budget so we only buy shop own brand juice and soft drinks so I'm not going to be buying expensive coffee for one person

teabags I will get if I remember but I just don't really remember lol

i just never think to buy it when we go shopping :/ all our friends drink soft drinks so it's only for my mum and mil but it's pointless buying coffee because mil refuses to drink anything other than nescafe! We are on a budget so we only buy shop own brand juice and soft drinks so I'm not going to be buying expensive coffee for one person

teabags I will get if I remember but I just don't really remember lol

I think the jar of coffee we have in our cupboard is 2 years old haha, I don't buy it often :blush:

https://www.poundland.co.uk/nescafe-3-in-1-sachets-5-plus-2-free

Can you maybe get some of these in for MIL? You get them without sugar as well!

https://www.poundland.co.uk/nescafe-3-in-1-sachets-5-plus-2-free

Can you maybe get some of these in for MIL? You get them without sugar as well!

she only has it black - no milk or sugar - i not really bothered about buying it - especially tea bags but it does bother me that id have to buy nescafe when we dont even get to buy branded drinks for ourselfs! :/ and i dont really even think about it when i go shopping - the only time we go down that isle is when we need sugar which is like once in a blue moon as we dont use that much either so thats the only time im likely to remember

if we had more people who drinked it then id probably buy it and if we had workers in id get some in before hand but even MIL herself tells us to bring milk as she dont buy it so it kinda works both ways just wondering what other people did really

Why don't you tell her to bring a jar over and then you can keep it at your house x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->