question for those who don't drink tea or coffee

My mil would buy milk in for us if she didn't normally have it, I buy decaf and fruit or herbal tea for her that I don't, or rarely drink because I know she likes it and caffeine doesn't agree with her.
It's just second nature to me to offer a hot drink to guests.
We hardly ever have fizzy drinks or alcohol in the house but if we were expecting guests then we might get something.
Xx

I don't drink tea or coffee but OH drinks coffee so I get it for him if I'm shopping, I did once get a box of pg tips for when I had guest coming over but that was only needed for the one time and I ended up chucking it away a the other day, one year after guest came cause no one to drink it lol x

We dont drink hot drinks and dont have it in, no one drinks it, so no point x

we don't drink normal tea but have teabags for guests. they have to have it with almond milk though because we don't drink cows milk, I wouldn't/don't buy milk in for guests.

We drink A LOT of tea/fruit tea/coffee in our house and wider extended family but there is one particular type of tea my mum drinks and we keep a box in just for her. I would personally be embarrassed if i didn't drink tea/coffee not to at least be able to offer a brew to someone eg a builder visiting our home.
I do agree that if she insists on a specific brand then you are totally justified in asking her to buy her own.

TBH, it seems a little rude of her to expect it, especially since you don't buy branded items for yourselves. Also, the not buying milk thing is a bit different as it goes bad a lot faster than coffee or tea.

If she comes around regularly, I second the suggestion of asking her if she'd get a container of it herself to leave at your place.

Personally, I'm more than willing to offer someone a beverage from what I do have in the house, but I can't afford to buy extra to keep just for guests. Aside from that, I don't even own a coffee machine, so there's that, as well.

^^ you don't need a coffee machine to make a cup of instant! A jar of supermarket own instant is about £1.50, if you don't drink it it will last for ages so it's hardly breaking the bank...

We have tea and some of the coffee my mum likes but it lasts ages as we dont drink it and we visit family more than they visit us. So i do just check dates lol or they do mostly sit there. We drink water mostly and i do have to remember when certain people come over to buy squash. Especially toddler visitors as alot only have squash fruit drink where as my lo always just has water

^^ you don't need a coffee machine to make a cup of instant! A jar of supermarket own instant is about £1.50, if you don't drink it it will last for ages so it's hardly breaking the bank...

She won't drink super market own brand I have brought that in the past and it went to waste because she wouldn't drink it she brought her own round

She comes to our house about once a month as she don't drive so we go to her every other weekend and we go to my mums the opposite weekends

We have it in.. Sometimes my oh drinks tea but that's only occasionally.. I only drink tea when hungover.. But yeah we always have it in for guests as I always think it's polite to offer tea and coffee. It does get used though.. But it isn't branded.. If someone told me to buy a certain brand if ask them for the money tbh! It's rude to complain about the drink offered though! (At least in my book)

I'm a fizzy drinker.. We always have in! When ima guest I ask for water.. I'm perfectly happy drinking water!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->