Question for those with little boys...

oedipamass

Reaction score
How do you deal with the inevitable changing table pee accident?

I just got a wipes warmer, but I need more advice. Help!

- FTM

I just put a wipe over the one that likes to pee. The other one is fine now and rarely goes on the table at all. If he does its so tiny it just sits there and I wipe it up.

I don't have a changing table. First we changed him in his crib (until I cleaned poop off the carpet) and our bed (until he peed on the sheets). Now I use a few big bath towels stacked up on floor in the bathroom. He can pee wherever he wants and it's easy to clean. However, he stopped doing it a long time ago. He pees in the bath but that's about it. But yes, if you can keep a wipe over him that should work.

And we just change to cover on the pad if it gets wet. We went through a lot of covers in the beginning.

cover it with a cotton wool pad. even if he pees the it gets soaked up by the pad.

at about 4 - 6 weeks they're not as bothered by nappy changes anymore so it won't happen all the time

I bought a cheap package of wash cloths to put over him while I was changing him.

For some reason it was never a huge issue. Although, sometimes when my ds would catch me off guard and pee while I was changing him, it somehow always landed on his face... :dohh: Don't even ask me how that is possible, but it happened 3 times.

I bought a cheap package of wash cloths to put over him while I was changing him.

For some reason it was never a huge issue. Although, sometimes when my ds would catch me off guard and pee while I was changing him, it somehow always landed on his face... :dohh: Don't even ask me how that is possible, but it happened 3 times.

we had exactly the same! it would always soak his clothes and his face!

I second the cotton wool pad, worked a treat with both of ours.

I always lay the new diaper under the old so I can switch them reeeeal quickly and cover him with his new diaper if necessary. Daddy had to learn to do that and Nathan seems to enjoy reminding him when he forgets to do it :haha:

Oh yeah, my LO too! More than once he peed in his own face while his legs were up in the air. Poor thing, I think that may have helped him realize not to do it!

I always used to open the dirty diaper, hold open for a few seconds, then close it again when it looked like he was going to pee. Let him pee, then changed diaper.

My DS is 4 weeks on Sunday so hopefully we'll be growing out of this soon. But yes, he always manages to pee all over himself, his face, and any nearby futon, bed, floor, you name it! Most of the time the pee is so much I don't think a wipe would cut it. I am thinking of just having an extra prefold around at all times.

Oh yeah, my LO too! More than once he peed in his own face while his legs were up in the air. Poor thing, I think that may have helped him realize not to do it!

Thanks, I don't feel so bad then! I felt awful when it happened, but at the same time (when I was exhausted from being up all night) it was a little funny. :haha:

My DS is 4 weeks on Sunday so hopefully we'll be growing out of this soon. But yes, he always manages to pee all over himself, his face, and any nearby futon, bed, floor, you name it! Most of the time the pee is so much I don't think a wipe would cut it. I am thinking of just having an extra prefold around at all times.

Awww. I think to an extent they all do it. I always felt like it was more useful to just try to contain the pee from going in the air, however he ended up going through like 4 outfits a say when he was first born. The worst is when they soak the clean diaper before you've gotten it on them!

He did stop peeing during changes as he got older though, so maybe they do just grow out of it.

a few tricks....lift the diaper to let air hit and put it back down...or you can look...if it is up, he is about to pee. I never had an accident with my son using this advice.

I just scream omg omg he's peeing all over. I don't what's funnier me running around and screaming or him peeing even more from me screaming :)
I did learn to put a new diaper under the dirty one and cover him the second he starts with his fountains but I still scream :)

I just scream omg omg he's peeing all over. I don't what's funnier me running around and screaming or him peeing even more from me screaming :)
I did learn to put a new diaper under the dirty one and cover him the second he starts with his fountains but I still scream :)

HAHAHA! That's too funny!

Try just using the dirty diaper though, that way you don't waste the clean one if he pees on it right when you change. I always gave mine a minute to decide if he was going to pee while changing. I'd open dirty diaper, let air in for a few seconds, then close when he looked like he was going to pee. That way it still went in the diaper I was planning to change anyways.

i like to give him air time at each change as hes a windy baby so this happens a lot ha ha, however this helps but sounds dodgy

open nappy
blow in direction of winky
then flap nappy back down and any pee should be in the old nappy

I always lay the new diaper under the old so I can switch them reeeeal quickly and cover him with his new diaper if necessary. Daddy had to learn to do that and Nathan seems to enjoy reminding him when he forgets to do it :haha:

^^^^ Exactly, 2 and a half years later he has never peed on me :)

Omg I'd so forgotten about him peeing during nappy changes when he was tiny. He always used to get himself in the face I felt so sorry for him. It's just made me laugh thinking about it.

I used to put a wet wipe over to try and soak it up straight away if it happend.

Thankfully he grew out ofit pretty quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->