Question to moms of multiple kids

Pulirula

Reaction score
This is my second pregnancy. With my first it was 7 years ago and she was induced at weeks 41. Nothing was wrong they were just worried she was getting to big and I would have issues getting her out. they gave me the cervixa softener at 6pm, water broke at 3am and I had her at 2pm the next afternoon. Pretty quick labor for my first baby I'm told. Especially since I slept theu it from sleeping pills they gave me the night before. Well anyway my question is how will my next labor/delivery go? I know nobody actually knows I'm just asking your experiences. Are second babies easier? Will my water break and go into labor naturally?

My second labor and delivery was my easiest and fastest of the four. He was out in a few hours of labor and 3 pushes. My hardest was my first just because my baby was tangled up by the cord and was being strangled - not to scare anyone, and it went fine. It was a 22-hour labor, though, with 3 hours of it being pushing. My fourth labor was the second-hardest, and just as long as my first, so I know that experience has nothing to do with it. Subsequent babies tend to be bigger (not completely my experience, but from what I've heard from practitioners). I can't promise you a faster or easier labor, but at least you'll have a much better idea of what's going on, but the pushing stage has definitely been easier each time.

Both of my previous labours were 12 hours and quite similar, contractions started in the early hours of the morning and they were both born at dinner time the same day. In terms of pain I found my second to be worse, my back pain was just unbearable. Although the pushing part was soooo much easier with my second, she more or less came out herself :haha: Now I'm expecting again I'm wondering if it will be the same or different you just never know... x

1st: 6 hours start to finish.
2nd: About 9 hours from 3cm to delivery
3rd: 51 minutes.

My 2nd was my longest and also my most painful, but the earlier part of my labor was easier; with my 1st and 3rd the contractions were intense from the start whereas with my 2nd they built up.

I'm just looking to see what to expect. They gave me 2 ambien and a shot of morphine when they gave me the cervix softnener so I slept through most of the labor. They had to wake me up to deliver lol. I'm hoping the second is just as easy

1st 12 hours
2nd 2.5 hrs from the very first contraction to delivery. Intense on traction she but no pattern.

Both babies were born at 39 weeks exactly. After my last labor I'm nervous for this one, we literally barely made it to the hospital, I delivered right inside the lobbby doors. Both labors were completely different though I prefer the last one.

1st 41 weeks 36 hours from 1st contraction to delivery
2nd 40+1 induced due to pre e, 41 mins from breaking my waters to delivery
3rd induced 41+3 6 hours, only need 1 cervix softener, waters went by them self then ds pretty much followed straight away, they wasn't ready for him as I was checked just before 6 hours and was only 4cm.

My 2nd birth was definitely easier, though the two mornings before I actually gave birth, I was awoken in the early hours with intense contractions, both times I thought it was the real thing, but both times they fizzled out after a few hours.
So on the third morning, I was expecting it, so stayed in bed, atually managing to sleep inbetween contractions.
I finally got out of bed at about 3am, I wasn't convinced I was in actual labour until about 5.30am, the contractions were very intense but I don't remember them feeling unbearable like they were with my first when I was in established labour. Baby was born at home, in the birth pool (planned homebirth) before the midwife arived, shortly after 6am.
My first was about 12 hours of labour from my waters breaking, only 5/6 hours of that was really painful, so I got lucky with both, but the 2nd was definitely easier and quicker.

I'm hoping for a spontaneous labor that goes faster with my second! First was 43 hours after being induced and they would have done a csection a couple hours after if he hadn't finally decided to come out

The doctor who delivered my son (1st child), said "Good luck with your next, itll be even quicker"... if thats true ill give birth at home or in a car lol... one minute i was asking for a cookie...then My water broke and 1 hour after he was out.

My first and second labours were as different as night and day. My first I was induced at close to 41 weeks and it was 38 hours of excruciating back labour with contractions every other minute from the very start. At 30 hours I was still only 3cm dilated, so I caved and had an epidural. He then got stuck and had to be helped out with forceps - he was 9lbs and had a massive head, but from his back to back position, he hadn't been able to turn and got stuck, which is why I wasn't progressing.

My second was a beautiful amazing experience. It was only 6 hours from start to finish (only three pushes at the end and only one puff of gas and air - which I then didn't want any more of). It was so so so much better and really was manageable. The pain really wasn't that great and I just breathed broth my contractions and only groaned when it came to transition - compared to the first time, when I had been shrieking on agony, this was just so unbelievably different!

I was terrified after my first, to go through that again, by after my second, I was just so ready to have another baby. I could have done it all again the next day :haha: I loved it so much.

I'm hoping this time follows on from my daughter's birth and not my son!

The doctor who delivered my son (1st child), said "Good luck with your next, itll be even quicker"... if thats true ill give birth at home or in a car lol... one minute i was asking for a cookie...then My water broke and 1 hour after he was out.

That's pretty much what they told me. The dr's said next time I have to go in as soon as I have my first contraction. I actually delivered part of my water sac before it popped (baby was almost born en canul) she came out in 2 pushes right after.

Crazy how many different experiences there are. It's such an emotional time I just hope it goes well! I threw up while I was pushing so that was the worst part I think and I hoe that doesn't happen again. Yuck.

Yes, I believe it gets easier with each baby. My second baby was by far my easiest but he had the cord wrapped around his neck and I think my body was trying to naturally expel him rather quickly. He came out within 15 minutes from when I started pushing. I was only in labor for 4.5 hours total from my first contraction to birth. My first baby took 2 1/2 hours to push out so you can only imagine the relief of how quickly my second came after going through a labor like that. My third though I pushed for an hour but she wasn't in a good position when I started. As soon as she was, she came out in one big push. Hopefully this time your cervix will give on its own and you won't have to be induced again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->