Questions from a IUI newbie

AF started full blown today... Haven't updated my chart yet, dh and I went to Montreal last night for the habs vs redwings game... It was a birthday present from my boss.

I'm out too ladies - started spotting yesterday and more today. Went in for my beta but i'm sure the call this afternoon will be negative. On to the next! IVF time again, if we can afford the meds.
FX'ed for everyone else!

Oh no ladies - I'm so sorry to hear this! :hugs:

Ladies, I'm really sorry I went mia! It all got a bit much for me and I had a strong (mental) reaction to the HcG trigger - or rather a strong reaction about 7-10 days after the trigger... most of all resembling the post partum depression I had with our daughter, although milder. It subsided about a week into the next cycle.

We had 2nd round of IUI on october 13th (my birthday) and yesterday I got my BFP (12 dpo). Having blood test done later today.

If you are still here, I'd love to see updates.

Congrats Jane! Lucky October 13th for you!

Thanks Dandi & Wish2B. I'm only 4+0 today and although very happy I can't shake the fear or loss because I've had 3 miscarriages in the past... Even in here I won't admit how many sticks I've peed on the last 48 hours....

I hope things are well with you?

I hear ya - that's how I'll be if I get a BFP again.

Jane Congrats! how are you feeling? Is everything still good? I am so happy for you :)

Sorry I've been MIA, I also had an emotional BFN last month. The day I got my negative result I found out SIL is pregnant.....with twins.....naturally...first month trying it worked! lol. What are the chances? I am however super excited for her and also to be an aunt for the first time!!! :)

I just had my 3rd IUI today (and then again tomorrow). DH counts are better than last time which is good. Around 5M post was 93% motility. So fingers crossed. If this month doesn't work we are taking a break for the holidays and then IVF in January. I am hoping it doesn't come to that but it's looking more and more like it will. Ah well positive thinking for this month!

How's everyone else doing?

Miskas and Wish2B, really sorry about your bfns. That sucks.

I'm so sorry to hear that Jules- we are allowed to grieve at other's happiness at times. Hoping 3rd time's the charm!

AFM, I got a bfp on my first IUI.. got my levels yesterday for 15dpiui which were 156, going in tomorrow for more bloods to hopefully see a rise. I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

Congrats DandJ!!! That's so wonderful. Crossing everything for you that there is a huge rise tomorrow and that this is a sticky baby bean! :wohoo:

I have my first IUI scheduled for Thursday at 10am. Other than freaking out about giving myself the trigger tomorrow, I'm excited and hopeful. My follicles are responding slowly though. CD10 I had 4 between 8-9, CD13 I had a 14, 13, and 11. They gave me another low dose stim injection yesterday and she thinks one or two should be ready by Thursday. I hope they up my injections next month if this month doesn't work. DandJ's news gives me extra hope that it could work on the first try though, who knows!?

Dandi!!! Thank you for the well wishes!

I'm so excited for you!!!!! The trigger shot was nothing compared to the blood being drawn - I suggest taking the trigger out of the fridge 30 minutes before you inject yourself so it won't be so cold. I didn't feel a thing and it was over like that!

I don't see a problem with your follicles.. I mean, they're the professionals, right? DH has 6M count sperm, not sure of motility but everyone has a chance to get it the first time. Keep me/us updated! :dust:

Congrats Dandj!!! Fantastic News! this thread certainly is turning around :) H&H 9 months to you!

Good luck with the IUI Dandi! Let us know how it goes :)

My IUI went great. DH's sample was 23.5m post wash and I was relieved to learn that the actual procedure was a breeze. I wish they had done another u/s so I could have seen how much my follicles had grown since Monday, but I'm just going to assume the best and be as hopeful as possible. I start progesterone tomorrow and I'm going to start testing Sunday to see how long the trigger shot stays in my system. Feeling very hopeful!

Eeeee, exciting!! They wouldn't show me how big my follicles actually were before the procedure, so I left it in their hands.

Yay, testing! I did mine every other day until the line was completely gone and then 4 days later, I saw another line and then kept seeing progression. Fingers crossed for you!!

How is everyone doing??

I'm ready for my second IUI this wednesday. I'm excited and hopeful this time around since I have a few good sized follies!

I'm 11 dpiui and I think I may have gotten a positive this morning. I'm not calling it a bfp yet, but I'm very hopeful!

Good luck Hope! What size are your follies?

Congrats to you!! You must be elated!!

My follies are 16mm, 15mm and 15mm. I read that the trigger shot gives the follies a last minute growth spurt. So hopefully by wednesday they will be around 18-20mm!

I am trying to keep calm about this IM buttock trigger shot, since I've only done Ovidrel last cycle and that was SQ in my belly. I think I'm terrified not knowing what to expect. It doesn't help that the pregnyl needle is 4x the size of the ovidrel needle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->