Questions from a IUI newbie

yeah, I'll stick with my thinking IUI = O and accept that I'm only 3dpo/dpiui :)

Eeee--- so exciting!! Will you be taking cheapie tests to see the progression and when the hCg is finally outta your system?

nooooooo - though I am really tempted to this time. Last cycle when I did IVF, I managed to last until my beta b/c I didn't want a false positive. THEN I started to learn about people following down the trigger shot and hopefully the BFP rise. I am on the fence between 'stick your head in the sand until beta' and 'test every day to see the science hopefully working'. I guess I'd be crushed either way - with a BFN phone call or no line ever showing up. I question how reliable the cheapies are too!

are you going to?

Possibly! I've never seen two lines on an hCg test so it would be nice to finally see that even though it's due to drugs :haha:

Can I also mention that I'm feeling kind of jealous of a friend I know in person is already in her 2ww trying for her second? I'm the only person in our group struggling to get pregnant and she knows of my fertility struggles so it's hard to see her try again for a child she already has since she got pregnant so easily with her first one. I'm sure it may be hard for her too with wanting to talk about her TTC with someone like me who has had trouble for over a year.

I don't know how I'm going to feel when she gets pregnant before me if this IUI fails. Well, no, scratch that. I will feel crushed, absolutely crushed. It just effing sucks that I can't get pregnant naturally and free. She is still a good friend and I want to feel happy for her but it just.... stings. It would be amazing if her and I could be bump buddies but she has better luck than I do so I'm not counting on it.

Sorry for the long rant!

Dandj I hadn't either until yesterday... My trigger gave me a second line... It was nice to see what it looks like... I won't test again for real for a few more days.. I am 6dpiui right now..

Fx for you miska!

I've also been charting my temps for well over a year now so it will be weird to NOT chart my temp this cycle due to the IUI drugs. I think I'll start testing at 4 or 5dpiui.

oh D, I know exactly what you mean!! I had a friend who was trying for her third and said 'we really want a boy so I've been researching how to 'make' a boy' and wouldn't you friggin know it - preg after either 1 or 2 tries WITH A BOY. I just want one, I don't care which gender! Granted, she's quite a few years younger than me so she's prob much more fertile and all that. But still...we are surrounded by people with multiple kids who literally just had to look at each other and get pregnant.

Oh no, it's like a slap in the face but I know it's not their fault. It's just, how are we supposed to feel around them? Just fake it? :lol: or genuinely be happy for them when I'm throwing thousands of money for a maybe family?

Surrounded by fertile families is hard so I've been reading inspirational quotes to help me get by. Luckily BnB exists for this type of thing but I wish there was a local group in real life where all us infertiles can rant, cry and support one another.

Wish2BMom- we got this girlfriend and we have this place to say it all! :hugs: So you're 4dpiui? Are you gonna test or wait it out? Of course I say :test: to give into peer pressure but do what makes you feel comfortable! :)

yeah - I mean, by the time the 3rd pregnancy comes around, it's tough to be as excited as the first time they announced anyway. I've gone through this with 3 sets of friends already. On their 3rd, we're more like 'I'll be more surprised when you CAN have a glass of wine with me b/c you haven't been able to for the better part of 4-5 yrs' :haha: So it's a mix of that and me not being able to give my own announcement. Oh well - we WILL do this and have our announcements soon enough!! You're right!

yep, 4dpiui. I don't think I'll test - I'm going to look for signs. I thought that the last time I was on Crinone, my boobs hurt b/c of that. But I've been on it now since Wed and nothing in my body has changed. So NOW I'm thinking it was b/c I was actually pregnant. So I'm going to look for super sore boobs, cramping, and lightheadedness. Not that every pregnancy is the same, but those were some strong signs, now that I look in hindsight. As of 4dpiui, I believe if it did fertilize, then it's still traveling to my uterus and will implant between days 6-9. Then I should start feeling something, i'd think! Sooooo that means Sunday through Wed of next week!
Nothing like setting my expectations a little high, huh??

Oh yeah, they say it usually takes a week for the egg to travel from fallopian tubes to implant, so you still have plenty of time! I'm excited to see/hear about your symptoms! FX!!!

Dandj I totally feel you! I have friends around me who look at their husbands and are pregnant lol. and it sucks because you don't want to be the person that gets upset at that but it's impossible to not have a little pity party each time you get news like that. On the other hand I have a lot of friends who are going through all of this and we all talk about it pretty openly. I found that when I started telling people we were getting fertility treatments, I had so many people tell me they were too, or had before! It's amazing. No one wants to talk about it and then when you bring it up a ton of people have been through it. It's helped me a lot as it doesn't feel as isolating as it was when we started out on this journey.

Wish2BMom are you testing soon? anyone else testing or having their IUIs soon? I am 8 DPO already. for some reason this TWW flew by. I caved and tested this morning, got a faint line, but pretty sure it's the trigger. If it's gone tomorrow I'll know for sure.

It really is reassuring to talk to those who are or have gone through what we are! I feel like we need a group to "hate" on the extremely fertile couples :haha:

Oooohhh exciting! Let's hope you see a line after the trigger is gone! I am cd11 and going in again on Thurs to see if my follies are in a good range to trigger. :)

I tested this morning.. 12dpiui, and bfn.. I'm not giving up hope yet though.. I have had really bad heartburn for about 4 days, I never get heartburn, I have been a bit lightheaded, off and on as well, and have had a lot more cm than usual.. I never have cm at this point.. Fxed it's just holding out on me..

FX'ed miskus!!! Those all sound like great symptoms!

10dpiui here - nothing really going on for symptoms except some crazy cm today. I use Crinone and I was wondering if I'd even see any. I've had a wetness all week but was figuring it was the Crinone so am not saying that's anything. But runny CM for me at 10dpo is crazy, i'm usually dry as a bone. I'm hoping this means something! Beta on Monday, not going to test early, though I am VERY tempted. 4 more days!!

jules - I'm with you, this TWW flew by. Thank GOODNESS!

FX'ed for your trigger tomorrow, D!

How's everyone, any updates?

Afm, my largest follicle is 15.8mm right now on CD13.. going back Saturday for monitoring. Considering my follicle was 14.2mm 2 days ago, it should have grown more. Probably explains why my cycles are 31+ days because it takes awhile for the follicle to mature. Not looking like I will trigger on Sat either because they want ideally 18-20mm follicle for triggering. Siiiigh

you never know, D! the last time I went, my biggest was measuring at 16.7 and they triggered me that night. You still get another 36 hrs or so for it to grow after the trigger, so it'll be right around 18, if not bigger. I bet you'll be able to stick with Saturday. Good luck!

still no real symptoms here - just a lot of watery/somewhat creamy CM. I NEVER have that so I'm hoping it's a good sign. And an all around 'off' feeling, but nothing very drastic. 11dpiui and no sign of AF but I'm on Crinone so that keeps her away. 3 more days!!! AHHHHH!!!!

Looks like a bfn for me... Started spotting today.. 14dpiui... I don't know what to do anymore....

:hugs: miskus - are you still spotting today? your chart doesn't show it

Miska- :hugs:

Afm, went into this morning monitoring; largest follicle was 18mm, trigger tonight, IUI Monday. Well, just got a call during my nap and told me to trigger tonight but IUI is tomorrow morning because my hormone levels are rising fast. It's gonna be in Rockville which soooo far away. Sperm deposit needs to be there at 8am (so much for a sleep in weekend!) and my IUI is tomorrow around 9am. Eeek, nervous and exciting.

Hubby doesn't have a good feeling about it since it's a day sooner and not following the "plan". I told him they're the experts and aren't the number one clinic for nothing. I am now worried it won't work because of this either.... Hubby says he was going to ejaculate the old sperm to be prepared with fresh sperm on IUI. Does this matter? Should he just wait until tomorrow since it's been a few days?

responded on the other thread but forgot to say GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->