Quick, easy and cheap party food?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Any idea ladies?

Its Willows birthday sunday and need lots of food :thumbup:

Iceland :thumbup:
their frozen party cake box is very yummy and get lots for £5!
also their sausage rolls, cheese rolls, chicken dippers, pizza, hotdogs, cheese cubes
jelly and ice-cream
crisps
different sandwich fillings
vegetable sticks with dips
bread sticks

all I can think of for now :flower:

Last party we had a did jacket potatoes and made a big pan of chilli and had tuna and sweetcorn mixed up ready so people could help themselves as well as other party food. Went down quite well and you can make in advance xx

Lots of sandwiches, cook up some pizza's! And the usual cocktail sausages, cheese and pineapple, the big bags of onion rings/cheese bites etc you can get xx

Nachos? Thats a nice and very quick and easy warm dish to makes thats nice to share.

Personally I would stay away fromt eh iceland type frozen platters, they may be convienient but theyre usually full of nasties like additives and preservatives.

Go for all the normal party food but aim to make it interesting looking or go for a theme for the party and theme the food too.

Make jelly but put it into clear plastic disposable cups - layer different colour jellies like rainbows

Get disposable plastic shot glasses and put a blob of dip or hummus in the bottom then a few veggie sticks in...saves mess and double dipping in big pots.

Cut up fruit and put onto bamboo skewers (just use clean nail clippers or kitchen scissors to take the pointy end off for the kids)

Make your own coloured popcorn (SUPER CHEAP!) just add some colouring to the butter in the pan when you make it..you can control the amount of sugar or salt you add too.

Eggs are cheap (if you dont mind caged hen eggs) make good old party eggs! Hard boiled eggs, half them scoop out the yolks mix with a little mayo and then spoon back in to the hole....BUT make them look like spiders by cutting slivers of olives up and putting on top

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TtWcYOFUEdQ/TLZyiDtDpaI/AAAAAAAAAOg/adAObR4ldL8/s1600/devildeggspiders.jpg

Make sandwich sushi rolls, take a rolling pin to your bread, spread on fillings roll up and cut..
https://greenlitebites.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/sandsuhi.jpg

Thats often a bento lunch trick...have a google of kids bento ideas and you'll find some cute ideas for finger foods meant for lunch boxes but that look super cool.

What about rolling some puff pastry, scoring around the edge nd pricking the middle so the edges rise, spread some tomato puree and add halved cherry tomatoes and mozerella. Could do mushroom ones too.

Home made sausage rolls are good too. Skin some decent sausages, roll into smaller sausages and place on puff pastry and add a layer on top.

Cold pasta in tomato sauce with sweetcorn, onion and ham in it.

Cold rice just mix through lots of veggies. Or even cold savoury rice from a packet.

Hard boiled eggs, middle scooped out, mix with mayo and top with a sprinkle of paprika.

Quiche (probably cheaper to buy a decent one by the time you've bought all the eggs/cream/cheese you'll need, although you can't beat homemade!!)

Some decent slices of ham with warm baked baguettes.

Like the jacket potato and various fillings idea :thumbup:

Hope you have a lovely day!!

I'd go old fashioned tea party :) with a few extras...I've repeated some suggestions, I think!

Finger sandwiches, various fillings
Big quiche
Various salads...pasta, couscous, roasted veggie
Mini tartlets (just whack some puff pastry in bun tin, add fillings like mozzarella, pesto and tomato)
Crudités and dips
A piece of roasted meat (ham, pork, chicken) with crusty bread
Cheese
Strawberries and cream
Bunnies on the lawn (green jelly, pear halves turned into bunnies with raisin eyes, cream tail, choc ears)
Mini scones with cream and jam
Cupcakes
Cake pops

I'd go old fashioned tea party :) with a few extras...I've repeated some suggestions, I think!

Finger sandwiches, various fillings
Big quiche
Various salads...pasta, couscous, roasted veggie
Mini tartlets (just whack some puff pastry in bun tin, add fillings like mozzarella, pesto and tomato)
Crudités and dips
A piece of roasted meat (ham, pork, chicken) with crusty bread
Cheese
Strawberries and cream
Bunnies on the lawn (green jelly, pear halves turned into bunnies with raisin eyes, cream tail, choc ears)
Mini scones with cream and jam
Cupcakes
Cake pops

^^ Did you come to mine last weekend? I did all of the above apart from Bunnies on the lawn!!

Other things we tend to do is have jars full of snacky thingss and naughty treats e.g. smarties, marshmallows, lollies etc.

I did a multilayer jelly too along with chocolate dipped strawberries.

Some fab ideas already don't think there's anything I can add but I agree with steering clear of the frozen party food as it's often false economy.
Any ideas I had have already been mentioned and I've gotten a few ideas for myself to use in future now too haha :)

For lo's birthday party I did chilli with potato wedges.

I made a massive pan of it the day before and roughly cut potato wedges and left them in water over night. All I had to do then was cook the wedges and warm the chilli through.

Also wraps are a nice alternative to sandwiches, I always get mine in home bargains because they're half the price in there compared to asda etc.

I did an ice cream station where I did individual jellies in paper bowls and had serve yourself ice cream with sauces and sprinkles, that went down really well.
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->