Quitting Smoking :((

I smoked up until finding out I was pregnant and as soon as I found out I stopped.

I have not read all the posts so I have probably missed a lot. But for me it was a simple choice no smoking end of. My partner is also supporting me and has stopped too x

It's not hard to quit at all. I smoked 45 a day maximum and I quit cold turkey and it caused problems.

It is not hard quitting however this time I CHOOSE not too. I think going from 45 to 0 then back to 5 maximum is pretty good.

My baby is perfectly fine, with a super strong heartbeat. Thank you :) x

You know I get it, cause I am a smoker. But your thinking is way off. Doctors do say ( Not all ) that quitting slowly is best, not cold turkey. loosing your baby wasn't because you quit smoking, that is absurd, I'm sorry..

I wouldn't wish a loss on anyone, but my Ava also had a VERY strong heartbeat and I lost her at 22 weeks..
I am 44 years old and I guarantee a bit more experienced than you.. Please don't sit here and say off the wall things like quitting smoking caused that, it's ridiculous. If your midwife or whoever told you that they are delusional also.. I really don't care if you believe me or not, but I don't want girls, women reading this shit and believing it..
I do commend you for getting down to 5 a day, I know how hard it is and I also wish you a happy and healthy 9 months..Take care & Good Luck :flower:

I have said on numerous occassions, it was a contributing factor not just that alone.

Starting to think people are reading only what they want to read.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. However you should know aswell as i do the feeling.

but how you can write shit about me on the post below when you smoke yourself is absurd.

Whatever..

This thread is going round in circles and offering little support to the OP. If you're not offering support and/or advice to her then I ask that you move on as I'm sure the OP did not want all this.

Op if you're in the UK then most hospitals have a smoking Mw who can help you, I think there's even a quitting helpline for pregnant ladies x

This thread is going round in circles and offering little support to the OP. If you're not offering support and/or advice to her then I ask that you move on as I'm sure the OP did not want all this.

Op if you're in the UK then most hospitals have a smoking Mw who can help you, I think there's even a quitting helpline for pregnant ladies x

She doesn't want to quit... X

The original poster does want to quit

To the OP, I apologize for being a contributor of this thread flying the wrong way....:hugs: Wish you all the best with quitting ....

The original poster does want to quit

Oh sorry I didn't realise another poster had made this thread thought it was another woman that doesn't want to quit.

My post was written to miss Mara for the record. I hope she is able to glean some pearls of wisdom from it. I think it's important to have threads about how to quit as well as positive stories from those who have.
It's terrible the way one person has hijacked this thread and turned it into the opposite. Maybe bnb can delete the comments regarding the support of women who chose to smoke while pregnant, especially the ones about quitting smoking killing fetuses? My fear is someone young and uneducated might actually take them to heart.
Best of luck Mara!

My OH smokes like crazy and I use to smoke a lot but finding out when I was pregnant I stopped cold turkey it definitely still hard for me when he smokes around me... Or I see one but I just get a gum, or something to distract me its the hardest thing I had to quit. But it's for the best! Try some gum to ease the temptation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->