Quitting Smoking :((

That doesn't happen where I am, Alex. I guess it's different everywhere!

I'm pleased it's like that here my midwife was absolutely lovely (I even cried WAYYY more than I'm proud of when I realised I'd never see her again) (for a good few days) baby blues are crazy!!

I think in an ideal world it should be like that :)

Not here sadly. Infact. We're lucky to have one. Super short staffed.

I use private healthcare more than NHS. I'd rather pay for better treatment. X

I couldn't fault the NHS with the treatment I've received, but couple of years down the line if things keep going the way they do NHS will be sold off privately, the government is the reason the NHS is struggling so much under paid and over worked, it's so wrong!

I couldn't fault the NHS with the treatment I've received, but couple of years down the line if things keep going the way they do NHS will be sold off privately, the government is the reason the NHS is struggling so much under paid and over worked, it's so wrong!

I don't know if your aware but they've already started selling medical files to private companies.

I pay for private anyway so doesnt bother me as much but its going to really pinch people that use it alot and wont be able to afford treatment. I give it 3 years tops. X

I don't know if your aware but they've already started selling medical files to private companies.

I pay for private anyway so doesnt bother me as much but its going to really pinch people that use it alot and wont be able to afford treatment. I give it 3 years tops. X

Yeah oh was telling me (I tend to switch off when he gets going with his rants though so I'm not totally clued up to what's going on) there's no way me oh and our 2 kids could afford private healthcare on only his wages, we certainly won't be thinking baby number 3 is a good idea then! great Britain isn't looking so great atm x

Good Lord this thread has gone off!

I do think one can voice their opinions on a public forum without being rude, disrespectful or downright cruel.

I have heard before that quitting cold turkey (when smoking a lot which it sounds like you did) can cause mc. Cant remember where I heard it from but I have heard it before...

It sounds like you have cut back a lot so far Belle so I applaud you for that! Hopefully you can continue to cut back and eventually not want them anymore.

I do think you may want to rethink your work environment if it is that dangerous. Not trying to be rude at all just concerned xx good luck hun

Yeah oh was telling me (I tend to switch off when he gets going with his rants though so I'm not totally clued up to what's going on) there's no way me oh and our 2 kids could afford private healthcare on only his wages, we certainly won't be thinking baby number 3 is a good idea then! great Britain isn't looking so great atm x

Haha we would get along well its normally me that does the ranting 😂 i earn more than my hubby but we could stretch. My grandma however, her future could be bleak if her biospy at the end of the month shows her cancer and returned. Dread to think the price of treatment altogether. Shes has the expensive injections as its only ones she can have and i know they cost £350 per injection. Thats without adding costs such as wages!!

Sad really. Not the country we used to Be x

Good Lord this thread has gone off!

I do think one can voice their opinions on a public forum without being rude, disrespectful or downright cruel.

I have heard before that quitting cold turkey (when smoking a lot which it sounds like you did) can cause mc. Cant remember where I heard it from but I have heard it before...

It sounds like you have cut back a lot so far Belle so I applaud you for that! Hopefully you can continue to cut back and eventually not want them anymore.

I do think you may want to rethink your work environment if it is that dangerous. Not trying to be rude at all just concerned xx good luck hun

I know. Thank you. Although saying that you now might be hung up at the cross. Apparently it cant happen lol.

And thank you! A year off the cigerettes made me feel so much worse. I think 5 or less is pretty good. I make up for it in exercising and eating healthy. (Minus the turkey dinasaurs and chips ive just eaten!!) haha

I intend to work up 8 1/2 months if i can. My work are really understanding. I do enjoy it and hope to stay as long as possible. I think id go nuts on maternity leave!! Xxx

Haha we would get along well its normally me that does the ranting 😂 i earn more than my hubby but we could stretch. My grandma however, her future could be bleak if her biospy at the end of the month shows her cancer and returned. Dread to think the price of treatment altogether. Shes has the expensive injections as its only ones she can have and i know they cost £350 per injection. Thats without adding costs such as wages!!

I really hope your grandma gets the all clear, pensioners are struggling to even keep themselves warm in the winter never mind being expected to pay for healthcare, goverment don't care much about that though do they make the rich richer and the poor poorer x

I really hope your grandma gets the all clear, pensioners are struggling to even keep themselves warm in the winter never mind being expected to pay for healthcare, goverment don't care much about that though do they make the rich richer and the poor poorer x

I wont tell her you called her a pensioner. She would probably throw her handbag at you! Haha. Shes had all her chemo now and her hairs growing back. Bright blonde again! Cant believe it. Shes a cool grandma hehe. Thank you though thats really kind. She was lucky in a sense. Her breast cancer has a 200% survival rate. Xx

And i agree! Then again. They dont care with there 6 figure wages. Probably a figure none of us would see in a life time.

Which is why im planning on winning the euro millions!! (We can all dream!)

I was a smoker for 20 years. Super addicted. DH smoked too but not as addicted as I was.
I got a super faint positive two days before my period and had 1 cig that day. The next morning I got a solid positive and didn't pick up another cig. It was so hard for months. I wanted to steal cigs from anyone smoking near me, so I decided to always leave. Being around smokes not hood for you or your LO. There's even studies that prove being around smokey clothes or linens can cause cancer.
For DH, being around him smelling like smoke or with smokey breath made me angry/nauseated, so I'd tell him to shower, brush his teeth then come back or just go away all together. No kissing and no Dtd with a smelly dude! Within a few weeks it made him quit.
It's great for you to quit and for anyone else who will be around your LO before and after birth. Not to try to scare you but My neighbor miscarried twins when she
couldn't quit while pregnant. My other friend couldn't quit and she wound up giving birth at 28 weeks. The baby's alive and doing ok but spent a bunch of time in the NICU.
I know I never could have quit for me (I tried a few times) but I'd for anything for my daughter. You can do it too! It's just one craving at a time. Sip water, gum and mints really, really help. Good luck!

I was a smoker for 20 years. Super addicted. DH smoked too but not as addicted as I was.
I got a super faint positive two days before my period and had 1 cig that day. The next morning I got a solid positive and didn't pick up another cig. It was so hard for months. I wanted to steal cigs from anyone smoking near me, so I decided to always leave. Being around smokes not hood for you or your LO. There's even studies that prove being around smokey clothes or linens can cause cancer.
For DH, being around him smelling like smoke or with smokey breath made me angry/nauseated, so I'd tell him to shower, brush his teeth then come back or just go away all together. No kissing and no Dtd with a smelly dude! Within a few weeks it made him quit.
It's great for you to quit and for anyone else who will be around your LO before and after birth. Not to try to scare you but My neighbor miscarried twins when she
couldn't quit while pregnant. My other friend couldn't quit and she wound up giving birth at 28 weeks. The baby's alive and doing ok but spent a bunch of time in the NICU.
I know I never could have quit for me (I tried a few times) but I'd for anything for my daughter. You can do it too! It's just one craving at a time. Sip water, gum and mints really, really help. Good luck!

Thats nice hun. Thank you. But i dont wish to quit. Im quite happy smoking 5 or less a day. Ill only quit when i want too and right now i don't. I dont find quitting hard at all, infact its preferably easy. Mind over matter, replacing it with something else etc. I just dont want too.

but its lovely to hear you quit. Well done. And well done to your hunby too :) xx

Just realised that might not of been to me lol! Well done on quitting anyway 😁 do you find yourself any better off? I saw no financial gain to quitting at all.

I was expecting to be able to afford a ferrari in a year!! X

I wont tell her you called her a pensioner. She would probably throw her handbag at you! Haha. Shes had all her chemo now and her hairs growing back. Bright blonde again! Cant believe it. Shes a cool grandma hehe. Thank you though thats really kind. She was lucky in a sense. Her breast cancer has a 200% survival rate. Xx

And i agree! Then again. They dont care with there 6 figure wages. Probably a figure none of us would see in a life time.

Haha yeah maybe not repeat That bit, bet she's loving the blonde hair, my nana used to bleach hers all the time lol, ah those percentages are amazing but chemo isn't a very nice treatment to go through is it and it's still a petrifying thing to go through, I think I win the euro millions at least 3 times a night, I have a pretty good idea how I would spend every last penny of it too x

Haha yeah maybe not repeat That bit, bet she's loving the blonde hair, my nana used to bleach hers all the time lol, ah those percentages are amazing but chemo isn't a very nice treatment to go through is it and it's still a petrifying thing to go through, I think I win the euro millions at least 3 times a night, I have a pretty good idea how I would spend every last penny of it too x

For my gran its natural im super jel. Grows like no tomorrow too! She did have a masectomy and shes refused reconstruction.

Its not no. I think the effects of treatment upset me more than the term "cancer" she only had 6 rounds, but someone else on her ward was on her 25th. Must be super draining to have to recurrently go through it.

I never used to check the raffle numbers on my ticket. Kinda wish i had now cos just possibly i couldve bagged a million! Haha most ive ever won was £2 on a scratchie. Worst luck ever -.- xx

I know the comments have grown since I commented. But I wanted to say that I'm not happy Belle is smoking 5 a day. I'm happy she's ONLY smoking 5 a day. If you're not quiting, at least cutting down is better than smoking normally.

Honestly when I miscarried I really don't know what caused it, but I rather keep it that way. Could have been quiting smoking (I was about a pack a day whenever I just quit cold turkey). I drank energy drinks when I didn't know you couldn't drink energy drinks. I didn't cut down on caffeine. This time when I got my positive I stopped smoking cigarettes, but I smoked an E-cig til I was 6 weeks because I was in my final semester of college. I had finals and a thesis due two weeks after I found out, and I knew the stress would get to me. So I stuck with an e-cig until I was done. Once I submitted my paper, I quit. I was much more cautious this time, and I birthed a healthy 8lb 7oz baby girl. In fact, I haven't touched a cigarette even after giving birth. Used an e-cig here and there, but I've been smoke-free.

Good luck, Belle. I really hope this is your rainbow!

I know the comments have grown since I commented. But I wanted to say that I'm not happy Belle is smoking 5 a day. I'm happy she's ONLY smoking 5 a day. If you're not quiting, at least cutting down is better than smoking normally.

Honestly when I miscarried I really don't know what caused it, but I rather keep it that way. Could have been quiting smoking (I was about a pack a day whenever I just quit cold turkey). I drank energy drinks when I didn't know you couldn't drink energy drinks. I didn't cut down on caffeine. This time when I got my positive I stopped smoking cigarettes, but I smoked an E-cig til I was 6 weeks because I was in my final semester of college. I had finals and a thesis due two weeks after I found out, and I knew the stress would get to me. So I stuck with an e-cig until I was done. Once I submitted my paper, I quit. I was much more cautious this time, and I birthed a healthy 8lb 7oz baby girl. In fact, I haven't touched a cigarette even after giving birth. Used an e-cig here and there, but I've been smoke-free.

Good luck, Belle. I really hope this is your rainbow!

Ohhh i did everything. Had 0 caffeine. Ate healthy meals. Quit smoking all that and i still lost it.

I havent stopped anything. Still using my coffee machine. Craving fizzy pop (one thing i never used to have) but i do eat healthy. And thankfully i have a healthy sticky baby with a great heartbeat. You can do all the things textbook.. But... Cant say its always for the best IMO.

Thank you though its really nice of you to say. Ive smoked 5 a day for a good couple of months now. Never anymore, sometimes less :)

Congrats on the birth of your LO too. xxx

It's not hard to quit at all. I smoked 45 a day maximum and I quit cold turkey and it caused problems.

It is not hard quitting however this time I CHOOSE not too. I think going from 45 to 0 then back to 5 maximum is pretty good.

My baby is perfectly fine, with a super strong heartbeat. Thank you :) x

You know I get it, cause I am a smoker. But your thinking is way off. Doctors do say ( Not all ) that quitting slowly is best, not cold turkey. loosing your baby wasn't because you quit smoking, that is absurd, I'm sorry..

I wouldn't wish a loss on anyone, but my Ava also had a VERY strong heartbeat and I lost her at 22 weeks..
I am 44 years old and I guarantee a bit more experienced than you.. Please don't sit here and say off the wall things like quitting smoking caused that, it's ridiculous. If your midwife or whoever told you that they are delusional also.. I really don't care if you believe me or not, but I don't want girls, women reading this shit and believing it..
I do commend you for getting down to 5 a day, I know how hard it is and I also wish you a happy and healthy 9 months..Take care & Good Luck :flower:

Thats nice hun. Thank you. But i dont wish to quit. Im quite happy smoking 5 or less a day. Ill only quit when i want too and right now i don't. I dont find quitting hard at all, infact its preferably easy. Mind over matter, replacing it with something else etc. I just dont want too.

but its lovely to hear you quit. Well done. And well done to your hunby too :) xx

I think it is so selfish that for you it is easy to quit but you continue smoking. If it is so easy I don't get why you cant just quit. 5 a day is still 5 too many. I wouldn't let me one year old sit next to a person smoking even one cig as it is harmful.
Honestly there is nothing more disturbing than seeing people walking round with a big baby bump with a cig in their hand. Fair enough if they are actively cutting down and continue to cut down but you aren't even trying to cut down any more. Really don't get it. Hopefully when your baby starts moving around and your bump grows you might feel a bit more inclined to do the right thing for your unborn child.

I think it is so selfish that for you it is easy to quit but you continue smoking. If it is so easy I don't get why you cant just quit. 5 a day is still 5 too many. I wouldn't let me one year old sit next to a person smoking even one cig as it is harmful.
Honestly there is nothing more disturbing than seeing people walking round with a big baby bump with a cig in their hand. Fair enough if they are actively cutting down and continue to cut down but you aren't even trying to cut down any more. Really don't get it. Hopefully when your baby starts moving around and your bump grows you might feel a bit more inclined to do the right thing for your unborn child.

That post got to me also. What a selfish thing to say..If I could quit as easily as she claims, then why not? unbelievable..Very sad :(

if it were easy, maybe you should have quit before TTC again? You had at least a month in there to quit before finding out you were pregnant :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->