R using baby wipes,creams etc?

We did not use wipes for the first few months and only put cream on if she needed it. Baby's don't get that dirty, some water and a cloth is fine.

Do you mean for their bum/nappy changes or bathing? I used sudocrem for his bum for a few months from around 2 months to 6 months ( I used cotton wool and water when he was a newborn) and huggies baby wipes. I dont use bum cream now but still use huggies pure baby wipes for bum changes and cleaning up after meals x

I didn't use wipes, baby bath or creams etc in the first couple months, just cotton wool and water for bum changes and then just water in the bath but we never really bathed that much anyway to start with. Even now I sometimes just bathe with water and only use creams when I need to, I don't like putting too much on their skins especially since my eldest has very sensitive skin.

No i didnt in the early days. We used cotton wool and water for nappy changes and only put on cream if her bum looked red (which was very rarely). From about 2/3 months we started using huggies pure wipes for nappy changes and when she started sleeping through the night at 3 months we put some nappy cream on her bum before bed just cos she was going around 10hrs without waking for a nappy change xx

Yup they wouldn't make em if they weren't suitable for babies

Def. a and d ointment for butt every night. My lo has never had a diaper rash and natural or sensitive wipes. I wouldn't want to have to fool with wash cloths and water and all that for every diaper change. So much easier.

My son has always been fine with wipes, doesn't matter what type. We've always used metanium cream.

We use cloth wipes with water, even the sensitive wipes irritate my LO's bum.

She's on a prescription cream but otherwise I would only use it when she had a rash.

Ive used wipes and cream since lo was about 2 days olds when i got fed up with cotton wool balls i used pure ones from pampers (i think) and sudacream and now still use sudacream and use asda little angles sensitive wipes i like the opening on them.

I used wipes from birth in fact I used them in the hospital. I've used sudocrem since birth to but generally I only use it for her night nappy (as a barrier as she wears it for 12hrs+) or if she's a bit rashy, I just change her frequently during the day and she's never had proper nappy rash. I always choose the sensitive, frangrance free wipes but I've used loads of different brands and they've all been fine.

Second what a pp said about asda wipes they are great and i can get the plastic lid thingie open with one hand..bonus! :thumbup: Also the aldi ones are just like huggies pure.. But cheaper!

Just water and cotton wool or cloth wipes. Until 2 months. Ow occasionally use disposable wipes if out.

Not used anything else except occasional coconut oil. Not creams, washes etc. They don't need it.

We also didn't bath LO until 2 weeks after the birth

Cloth wipes or cotton wool with water. Coconut oil or sudocrem when needed. No wipes, soap, shampoo, bubble bath, baby wash as there is no need. They explained at the hospital that by using soaps and shampoos etc. on babies is unnecessary and tends to cause more problems than anything, for example with eczema, dry skin. Greasy hair and daily washing of hair are recent adult concepts, they said, and shouldn't be imposed on babies. They even said to leave cradle cap alone unless really really bad. I find that water is perfectly adequate.

Washing them at birth or near birth also removes all the good bacteria from their skin which helps start/develop their immune system.

We used cotton wool & water for the first 3 weeks, now use pampers pure sensitive wipes & Palmers bum cream when he needs it.

Since birth ive only ever washed her in the morning with plain water and use wipes on her bum (pure ones when she was little and L.Angels now) Now we use halos and horns wash and bubble bath for bathtime but not when she was tiny. Didnt see the point and still dont (and i only ever gave her a bath about once or twice a week when she was first born)x

I use cloth wipes, I chuck them in a box with water and a few drops essential oil (lavender) to keep them fresh, so they are just as convenient as disposable wipes...and because we use cloth nappies too, it's easy enough to just toss them in the nappy bucket to be washed twice a week.

I use sometimes use disposable wipes when I'm out, but I much prefer the cloth ones, as they grab poo instead of just smearing it around...much quicker!

I only use wipes for poo, no need for wiping if it's just a wet nappy, and I only use cream when her bum is a bit red (bebanthen nappy cream)...which is less than once a month, her skin doesn't seem to be particularly sensitive.

cloth wipes mostly, no lotions and still not bathed him (top and tail is enough).

I try to keep their skin as chemical free as i can

We've used wipes since birth, in fact, the midwife in the hospital used them when she changed LO's nappy whilst I was being stitched up, and we use cream if he looks sore, only if he looks sore though. We used baby wash on his head from birth on hospital recommendation to remove the dried blood and the gel from the ventouse on his hair, and then used baby bubble bath since around 6 weeks.

We used wipes pretty much from birth I think. Started off with Johnson's (gasp!) extra sensitive and then moved onto other brands such as pampers, little angels etc. We didn't use Huggies wipes until recently as they irritated LO's skin but she seemed fine with all other types.

We bathed her in just plain water for the first 6-8 weeks or so.

ETA: we only ever used bum cream (metanium) when she was starting to look a little red. We never used it on a regular basis and so far she's never had full blown nappy rash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->