R using baby wipes,creams etc?

I didn't use wipes, baby bath or creams etc in the first couple months, just cotton wool and water for bum changes and then just water in the bath but we never really bathed that much anyway to start with. Even now I sometimes just bathe with water and only use creams when I need to, I don't like putting too much on their skins especially since my eldest has very sensitive skin.

Exactly this - never needed bum cream, and even now at nearly 9 months we only use an organic wash and sometimes cream (at the moment LO is prescribed cream for a virus), but we do use baby wipes.

I use cloth wipes and water. Used disposable wipes once on holiday and he got nappy rash immediately!

We use just water or a gentle cleanser in the bath, camomile bum cream now that he doesn't have an overnight change.

I use facecloths for wipes, and I have a barrier cream that is made from: olive oil, coconut oil, sesame seed oil, beeswax, zinc oxide and active horopito extract.

I used store bought wipes and bepanthen when Thomas was little, and disposable nappies, I can't believe how much money I wasted. A wet facecloth picks up poo way better than some thin, yucky chemical laden wipe.

I use cloth wipes and a few drops of Kissaluvs Lotion Potion mixed with water in a spray bottle. We don't use soap yet and apply organic coconut oil after a bath twice a week

I used baby wipes only for bum changes, I would have used cream but I was always told NO RASH NO CREAM. Strangely enough, he has never had a sore bum or nappy rash. From about 6 months I rubbed his bedtime lotion all over though as he has wetter nappies.

We just used water and cotton wool balls for bum changes in the early days but the poops eventually get a bit messy to be cleaning with a little ball of wool!! I now use huggies pure - have tried others but I test them by using them for face wipes for myself and these are the only ones that I can't feel a burn on my eyes ;).

Bathed every day - bubble bath/ soap every other day

I use cream all the time - petroleum when he was really small and now sudocrem. I see it as creating a barrier between his skin and urine. Prevention rather than cure is how I think :)

Not using creams. Usually just use wet cloth for bottom. City has recently been flooded and they are advising against doing too much laundry (water treatment plants cannot handle the extra water) so we have been using wipes and disposable diapers which we usually do not.

I use cloth wipes with plain water. It's saves me a fortune! I don't put any products in his bath because it dries his skin out. He had prescription cream which I put on after baths.

If his bum seems the slightest bit red I will put a little bit of metanium cream on though, I think it's fab!

I use normal old baby wipes. I had never heard of the no wipes/soap/shampoo thing until BnB. Of course it makes sense if you think about it, but it never, ever occurred to me. I don't use any creme - just regular old lotion after the bath.

We don't use wipes. You really don't need anything more than water to clean a baby, so we use baby wash cloths and water. On the go, we sometimes use paper towels and water. As for creams, we treat diaper rash with Weleda brand diaper cream. Coconut oil is great for skin health as well, but doesn't heal diaper rash the way diaper cream does. If you mean lotion when you say creams, I use coconut oil for that. We don't use any soap on her, so her skin doesn't really dry out. We also don't do frequent baths which also helps with skin health.

We did cotton wool and water until we came home and then used sensitive wipes (we used pampers sensitve but then switched to Huggies Pure) and only used cream if she was sore. Now we use Aldi sensitive wipes and sudocreme if she's sore or before bedtime.

I've used wipes from birth. Only bathed him about once a week in coconut oil and water as a newborn, he has a bath everyday now add bedtime routine with oilatum in. wash his hair maybe once a week, but it doesn't get dirty really. Use sudocrem when he looks a little red, never had nappy rash (so far)

I used wipes from newborn but only cream if they had a rash of some kind, still stick to that actually lol.

Yup they wouldn't make em if they weren't suitable for babies

Wrong, these company's don't care about your baby, they only care about profit. Why else would johnsons add known carcinogenic chemicals into theirs products in some country's.

Wrong, these company's don't care about your baby, they only care about profit. Why else would johnsons add known carcinogenic chemicals into theirs products in some country's.

Yeah, this...I've seen plenty of bottles of mineral oil marketed for babies. Mineral oil is carcinogenic and not made from renewable sources (as far as I have read).

Where does everyone get coconut oil from? I've been looking for ages but not found any?

Also I found almond oil in a local chemist but it just says its a salad dressing on the bottle no other explanation would this be ok to use as a moisturiser after a bath?

I agree with you that these companies care about profit. I mean, they are businesses after all. But I don't think it's fair to say that they don't care about babies. I'm sure there are people working for these companies that are passionate about making products for children and there are likely people who could not care less. I work for a for-profit company that's very socially conscious - they do exist!

We used wipes for just a few days and LO got severe nappy rash. Even the sensitive wipes contain chemicals. We used water and cotton wool until she was around a year old.

I agree with you that these companies care about profit. I mean, they are businesses after all. But I don't think it's fair to say that they don't care about babies. I'm sure there are people working for these companies that are passionate about making products for children and there are likely people who could not care less. I work for a for-profit company that's very socially conscious - they do exist!

I think they did care at the start but as they get bigger and shareholders etc become involved they loose their ethos. I find small independent businesses much more caring than the big multinational ones

i used wipe but since then i have changed to cloth wipes and will be using those for this lo too, i looked into cloth wipes when i used one to wipe up a milk spill on my leather sofa and it took all the dye out :/ if it can bleach a real leather sofa then i hated to think what it was doing on my lo!

I have a Tupperware tub which i put hot water and a camomile tea bag in for a few minutes then a few drops of tea tree oil, leave to cool down, pop the wipes in and done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->