R using baby wipes,creams etc?

I've used Jackson Reece natural herbal wipes (scented ones) and Burts Bees baby products which are 97-99% natural, since my LO was born, she hasn't had nappy rash yet and her skin is lovely :)
She has a bath every day.

Baby wipes from birth. Diaper cream if it's looking like it could use a little. No reason I can think of to avoid those products.

Yup they wouldn't make em if they weren't suitable for babies

Wrong, these company's don't care about your baby, they only care about profit. Why else would johnsons add known carcinogenic chemicals into theirs products in some country's.

I agree with you that these companies care about profit. I mean, they are businesses after all. But I don't think it's fair to say that they don't care about babies. I'm sure there are people working for these companies that are passionate about making products for children and there are likely people who could not care less. I work for a for-profit company that's very socially conscious - they do exist!

I think they did care at the start but as they get bigger and shareholders etc become involved they loose their ethos. I find small independent businesses much more caring than the big multinational ones

I agree this tends to happen. But I think some companies can maintain their values as they grow. Or at least I hope so!

I'm a rebel. I have used J&J extra sensitive wipes from my baby's first nappy change. I have bathed him daily since he got out of hospital first in Weleda because I didn't want to use the J&J stuff because everyone keeps saying how bad it is but for the past 2 months I've been using the J&J stuff instead and much prefer it.

My lo has never had a rash, irritated skin or nappy rash.

I am pretty much the worst mother in the world really based on the above ;)

Where does everyone get coconut oil from? I've been looking for ages but not found any?

Also I found almond oil in a local chemist but it just says its a salad dressing on the bottle no other explanation would this be ok to use as a moisturiser after a bath?

I get it from the grocery store. As for almond oil, that would be an excellent moisturizer. You can pretty much use any edible oil.

Huggies wipes from birth, no problems for us. Paw paw ointment if skin looks red or irritated.

Cotton wool and water for the newborn meconium poo as wipes just seemed to slip over it...bleugh! Then used wipes...pampers sensitive from about 3/4 weeks old.

I used to put sudocream on after every bum change as a newborn, but that was through naiveity as I thought its what I should be doing, like changing a wee nappy at every night feed...won't be doing that again! This time I will sudo if she looks red or sore, and just before the bedtime nappy as it will be on the longest.

Can't remember the last time I put any cream at all on willow, bum or otherwise...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->