R using baby wipes,creams etc?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by familygirl30, Jun 29, 2013.

1. mrsc81

mrsc81 Mummy of 2

I've used Jackson Reece natural herbal wipes (scented ones) and Burts Bees baby products which are 97-99% natural, since my LO was born, she hasn't had nappy rash yet and her skin is lovely :)
    She has a bath every day.

2. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Baby wipes from birth. Diaper cream if it's looking like it could use a little. No reason I can think of to avoid those products.

3. Noelle610

Noelle610 Guest

I agree this tends to happen. But I think some companies can maintain their values as they grow. Or at least I hope so!

4. felix555

felix555 Well-Known Member

I'm a rebel. I have used J&J extra sensitive wipes from my baby's first nappy change. I have bathed him daily since he got out of hospital first in Weleda because I didn't want to use the J&J stuff because everyone keeps saying how bad it is but for the past 2 months I've been using the J&J stuff instead and much prefer it.

My lo has never had a rash, irritated skin or nappy rash.

I am pretty much the worst mother in the world really based on the above ;)

5. SarahBear

SarahBear Well-Known Member

I get it from the grocery store. As for almond oil, that would be an excellent moisturizer. You can pretty much use any edible oil.

6. Haylee.

Haylee. Day dreamer

Huggies wipes from birth, no problems for us. Paw paw ointment if skin looks red or irritated.

7. hubblybubbly

hubblybubbly Well-Known Member

Cotton wool and water for the newborn meconium poo as wipes just seemed to slip over it...bleugh! Then used wipes...pampers sensitive from about 3/4 weeks old.

I used to put sudocream on after every bum change as a newborn, but that was through naiveity as I thought its what I should be doing, like changing a wee nappy at every night feed...won't be doing that again! This time I will sudo if she looks red or sore, and just before the bedtime nappy as it will be on the longest.

Can't remember the last time I put any cream at all on willow, bum or otherwise...