Rainbows Due December 2015

Caved in and did the digital this afternoon. Got pregnant 1-2 woohoo! I'm 11dpo

:yipee: that's great!! i have given up temping and testing because it creates more anxiety than it calms. i took a FRER yesterday and it was super dark (YAY!) and so today is day one of going "clean.":haha:

i am still totally under the weather with allergies and sinus crap and a yucky head cold. i didn't want to take medicine if i could avoid it, but i think i'm gonna have to take claritin for a couple days to fight it all off. and the nettie pot.:dohh:

it sucks because all my friends (2 different groups, actually) are all going to a huge park in tokyo for hanami, which is basically a picnic under the cherry blossoms. though, i guess this helps avoid the awkward how-come-you're-not-drinking-oh-my-god-are-you...?! conversation.:roll: because it's WAY too early to tell anyone. i made my husband vow not to tell ANYone. the only people that know are the doctor, nurse and tech at the OBGYN clinic and god help them, if that rumor spreads...:gun: there were some HIPPA violations already in the tiny hospital here, and if they mess up again, i WILL make it personal and file a serious complaint. ugh, sorry, rant over.:wacko::blush:

nessaw, mrsed, how are you guys doing??

(and all our stalkers??:winkwink:)

Morning. I had similar yesterday. 2 people at work are getting married and there was bucks fizz. I'm pretty sure bucks fizz won't hurt a baby! But I waa like umm-luckily I got there early and grabbed a non-alcoholic one without anyone noticing-I think!
I picked up my progesterone and aspiring prescription yesterday so now feel I am doing everything I can. We haven't had a lot of luck with aftercare following our mcs and this prescription was no exception. It said only to be filled at the hospital but the cons didn't tell me that and the appt was back in dec. So I got to asda about 5pm yest and they wouldn't do it. Luckily my docs is near and I got it changed but waited an hour and a half! Also had a mini breakdown-so stressed that I would have to wait til after the weekend.
I teach so am now off for 2 weeks. Got a gp appt on tues and left a msg at the rmc cons. What do you guys do?
Hi mrsed and congrats on your bfp. I lost twins last feb also-hugs.xx

Sorry rereading jumpingo do you work in a hospital?

Sorry rereading jumpingo do you work in a hospital?

nope!:haha: my husband does, but my privacy issue rant is unrelated to that...

i had a pap smear with my primary care doc done way back last summer and it came back abnormal. so i scheduled a colposcopy at the OBGYN clinic in mid Oct. that ended up being SMACK DAB in the middle of my fertile week and i broke down when i went in because a colposcopy takes about a week to recover from, which would have ruined our chances. (yeah, stressed much?:wacko::dohh::haha:) anyway, i explained that we were trying for 1 more month and then taking about 4 months off to avoid risking being too pregnant to fly in september 2015. so the doc was really nice and looked at my test results again and said they didn't test for HPV the first time (um, isn't that a huge part of getting a pap smear?:huh:) so they would just redo the pap smear and then go from there. well, turns out i DID get pregnant that week. then they called my husband (who is NOT the patient:roll: while he was at WORK:huh:) and told him that the test came back abnormal again so i did need to get the colposcopy now. he told them i was pregnant, so couldn't have it done. he mentioned it offhandedly to me that they called and relayed the conversation. i was SO mad.:growlmad: *i* was the patient, and no one called ME to tell ME about my health issues.

then, to add insult to injury: i got a scan at 8+1 off base because i couldn't wait until 12 weeks, which is the first prenatal appointment that they do here that involves a scan or anything beyond "Q&A with the nurse.":roll: the doctor off base said there was no heartbeat and that i should get a follow-up in a week to see if the fetus has grown or if they can find a heartbeart. i called OB on base and told them that and they acted like i had recently talked to them; "the doc says she already talked to you" (no, i was calling for the FIRST time, get your patients straight:gun:) and they also told me: "sorry, we can't help you so just keep your 12 week appointment." i LOST it.:cry: my husband went down to OB and basically insisted they see me. it should not take a man going in and strong arming to get health care in a way that is responsive to patients' concerns and needs. anyway, that was a monday. i got an appointment for a scan the following week on tuesday, but started bleeding on sunday, miscarried on monday and cancelled the tuesday appointment.:cry: 2 days later, OB called to say, "we heard what happened and were calling to schedule a follow-up appointment to make sure everything has resolved itself and also need to schedule that colposcopy." oh, how sensitive to call me 3 days after miscarrying to remind me, since i'm no longer pregnant, that i need that.:roll::gun:

needless to say, i hate the OB department. both the docs i've dealth with are pretty good but the nurse who works there (and makes all the phone calls and basically is the filter between you and the docs whenever you call) is my mortal enemy.:growlmad::trouble:

What a nightmare. Beyond insensitive on all counts. No wonder you're concerned.

Morning. I had similar yesterday. 2 people at work are getting married and there was bucks fizz. I'm pretty sure bucks fizz won't hurt a baby! But I waa like umm-luckily I got there early and grabbed a non-alcoholic one without anyone noticing-I think!
I picked up my progesterone and aspiring prescription yesterday so now feel I am doing everything I can. We haven't had a lot of luck with aftercare following our mcs and this prescription was no exception. It said only to be filled at the hospital but the cons didn't tell me that and the appt was back in dec. So I got to asda about 5pm yest and they wouldn't do it. Luckily my docs is near and I got it changed but waited an hour and a half! Also had a mini breakdown-so stressed that I would have to wait til after the weekend.
I teach so am now off for 2 weeks. Got a gp appt on tues and left a msg at the rmc cons. What do you guys do?
Hi mrsed and congrats on your bfp. I lost twins last feb also-hugs.xx

what's a bucks fizz??

do you mean what are our jobs? i'm a housewife.:shy: i worked with kids at a bilingual mommy and me school in tokyo for 4 and a half years, but when i met and married my husband, i had to move pretty far away from where i worked because my husband is in the military and has to live on base. i commuted 1hr 45 min one way for 6 months before getting fed up with my boss and the commute was no longer worth the stress, so i quit.:happydance:

sorry to hear about the trouble with your prescriptions, but glad it got sorted! the OB on base doesn't do anything after "just one":roll: miscarriage, so no prescriptions or even anything different than if it was my first pregnancy. they see you between 10-14 weeks, which i think is crazy! nothing for the whole first trimester, essentially...?!:shock: i DID manage to wiggle my way into getting that appointment at 9w3d though. just got lucky with available slots.:thumbup:

how about you guys? any upcoming appointments/etc?

Bucks fizz is champagne and orange juice.

Bucks fizz is champagne and orange juice.

we call those mimosas, i thought. so i did some googling to find out that the "difference" is a bucks fizz is 2 parts orange juice to 1 part champagne, and a mimosa is 1:1.:haha:

i'm also fairly certain that most people don't even know they are pregnant at this point (AF was just only due yesterday for me) and often drink more than the equivalent of a bucks fizz or two by the time they find out, so you're totally fine!:thumbup:

Hope I can join in here? Add me to the 7th December list too :) We're going to have a busy day that day!!

I have three fantastic kids (16, 13 and 2), had one little boy who died as a newborn, and five early losses from 5 to 14 weeks. I'm always an insane mess the whole first trimester, so I hope you ladies have ears and shoulders of stainless steel!!

Jumpingo, it was great to find you here -- made me feel at home.

Hope I can join in here? Add me to the 7th December list too :) We're going to have a busy day that day!!

I have three fantastic kids (16, 13 and 2), had one little boy who died as a newborn, and five early losses from 5 to 14 weeks. I'm always an insane mess the whole first trimester, so I hope you ladies have ears and shoulders of stainless steel!!

Jumpingo, it was great to find you here -- made me feel at home.

awww, thanks! welcome InVivo!!:wave: glad you found your way to us!:friends:

not sure i am gonna be much better; i lost my first pregnancy at 9+4 just this past december but i will at least be able to be insane WITH you!:roll::haha:

and crazy that there are 3 of us already due on the 7th!:shock: though, i checked with a due date calculator online and anyone whose last period was between february 24th and march 24th will be due in december so i'm guessing it'll even out in a few weeks or so.:thumbup:

I'm sorry to hear about your December loss -- you must still be coming to terms with that. I love your motto, though; today we're pregnant so lets enjoy that.

So far I only got my BFP today and I'm already terrified to go to the bathroom in case I see blood. I had a BFN and spotting at 11dpo (brown and just once), so I'm trying not to dwell on the idea of a blighted ovum. Nothing I can do about it, so I'm trying very hard not to drive myself nuts.

Lets get comfy while we wait for those other December Delights/Puddings/Rainbows to come trickling in.

Hi ladies!

I'm not quite ready to join as a December Delight/Pudding/Rainbow, but it's very possible I will be in a few days. So can I join as a stalker and then when I'm feeling less like a nervous wreck, put myself on the official list?

Today's test at 11DPO was super faint, but since I had an IUI this month, I feel like there's still a chance it was the lingering effects of the trigger shot...even though I tested it (mostly) out. I stopped because the line was super faint and I was sure it would be gone the next day. I was fairly sure it was out of my system, but, I'm not 100%, so I'm not getting too excited just yet. I need to pee on a few more sticks and see what happens....

Welcome invivo.
Dbz I understand your caution. Hoping that your next test is darker.
Not sure I can do much to keep myself calm never mind anyone else but will give it a good go! Hoping to hear back from the rmc consultant tom to find out next steps.

Can I join?? I'm due December 6th. I'm exactly 4 weeks today, got a positive on an IC at 3 weeks! This is my third pregnancy, my previous two were lost before 5 weeks. This has been quite a roller coaster month, had a MC on March 1st, and a BFP on March 22!

welcome DBZ and jess!!:wave: i will add you to the front page in the morning when i get to my computer:thumbup:

i fell asleep before 8pm and now am pretty wide awake at 3am:dohh: it's like jetlag but i haven't gone anywhere!:haha:

how's everyone else feeling?

welcome DBZ and jess!!:wave: i will add you to the front page in the morning when i get to my computer:thumbup:

i fell asleep before 8pm and now am pretty wide awake at 3am:dohh: it's like jetlag but i haven't gone anywhere!:haha:

how's everyone else feeling?

I'm feeling cold! I am freezing all the time since getting my BFP. Other than that my boobs are a sore, it's an achy sore like I've been to the gym, not my regular PMS sore. And I'm so bloated. I feel like if I could just have a decent poop I would feel a lot better. But I'm not complaining (except that I am....).

DBZ, we'll save a spot for you! :) How's that progression looking today?

Jess, welcome. You can have the spot next to the fire. ;)

Jumpingo, hope you weren't awake for too long. I'm on the late shift this week at work, and I really don't know how I'm going to stay awake until midnight. I'm hoping for a snooze on the sofa before I go.

Nessa, any word back from your rmc consultant yet? Even if we can't stay calm together at least we'll both have company as we go off the deep end.

I see my doctor at 11 to get my cyclogest prescription, but based on previous pregnancies my first scan will be at 7-8 weeks. I'm trying to stay calm, but I'm actually terrified to go to the toilet in case I see blood.

Hi everyone

Just checking in at officially 4 weeks :) I thought I'd be a little bit worried after last year's miscarriage but every twinge makes me panic and rush to the toilet to check I'm not bleeding... It's driving me mad

I also went to bed early last night because I was exhausted and woke about 3am unable to sleep and now I'm exhausted again! Boobs are a bit sore but that's it really.

3 due on the 7th?! that is crazy but as you say, the later dates will fill up!

How are we all doing?

The 7th looks busy!
finally got an appt with the rmc cons for wed which is lucky cos apparently he's off on his holidays on fri!
I have sore boobs and tiredness and some cramping going on. Been babysitting my nieces today playing lions (!) And they kept asking me to say I had a baby lion in my tummy. I didn't want to in case it jinxed things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->